/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clashes in Somalia kill 381 in 4 days

mahdisoldier19
04-03-2007, 02:20 AM
Updated 49m ago | Comments 20 | Recommend 16 E-mail | Save | Print | Subscribe to stories like this
MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) — Four days of fierce fighting between Ethiopian-backed government forces and Islamic insurgents has killed 381 people, a local human rights organization said Monday, as the government warned residents to abandon their homes ahead of a new military offensive.

"For the last four days we have registered 381 deaths and 565 people wounded," said Sudan Ali Ahmed, chairman of Elman Human Rights Organization.

ON DEADLINE: Background, Q-and-A on why thousands are fleeing

The fragile Somali government backed by Ethiopian forces called on civilians in the capital to leave their homes in disputed areas ahead of a new military offensive against a lethal Islamic insurgency.

Salad Ali Jelle, the deputy defense minister, said the government does not recognize a cease-fire negotiated between Ethiopian military and clan elders.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: Ethiopian | MOGADISHU | Somali government

"We call on the civilians living in terrorist-held areas in Mogadishu to abandon their houses because it is possible that government troops may target these areas any time," Jelle said. "We have to clean al-Qaeda elements from Mogadishu."
Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...tm?POE=NEWISVA

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khan-Ghalgha
04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
There were reports about Ethios reinforcement coming in to Moqadishu, looks like they took a heavy beating from somalis.

mahdisoldier19
04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Look at this number in less than 4 days, May Allah swt protect our truthful brothers and sisters.

ummAbdillah
04-04-2007, 04:48 PM
salaam
Look at this number in less than 4 days, May Allah swt protect our truthful brothers and sisters.
ameen at your duaa brother
wa salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AHMED_GUREY
04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Salad Ali Jelle,"We call on the civilians living in terrorist-held areas in Mogadishu to abandon their houses because it is possible that government troops may target these areas any time," Jelle said. "We have to clean al-Qaeda elements from Mogadishu."
Look at this munafiiq terrorist talking first they betray us as a government and bring in puppet mercenaries on the orders of Pentagon and drive out the ''able men'' who were providing security and stability and now they warn their own people(the so-called terrorists) they will get bombed if they don't leave their own homes :?

dead bodies both soldiers and civilians lie in the streets uncollected for days, destroyed helicopters,tanks, homes,mosques all in one week gone, shops closed no trade, 50 thousand civilians fled, this is the worst violence in years and we can all thank this so-called government backed by the good ol west :skeleton:

Chechnya
04-04-2007, 10:24 PM
why wasnt there an outcry in the west over the terrorist invasion of somalia by ethopian forces?

Pk_#2
04-04-2007, 11:05 PM
AsalamuALaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Oh Ameen to mahdisoldier19 dua

Peace.

wilberhum
04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
why wasnt there an outcry in the west over the terrorist invasion of somalia by ethopian forces?
I can't find anything except the link provided. None from the East either.

Chechnya
04-05-2007, 02:54 AM
I can't find anything except the link provided. None from the East either.
sorry i dont understand

what are you looking for?

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 05:11 AM
sorry i dont understand

what are you looking for?
More information.

mahdisoldier19
04-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Oh now the kuffar are silent

Isaac
04-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Forget the kuffar, the muslims remain silent. Where has it been that one of the leaders of a muslim nation volunteerd to aid the ICU? If our own people remain silent on such issues, i expect nothing less. Then again when they do speak out they either get called hpocrites and extremist by their fellow brothers as they are not doing anything practical or apparent. Or when they do they are charged for incitment of terror. SubhanAllah

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 04:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19
:D :D :D Just like all your brothers and sisters. :-[ :-[

Idris
04-05-2007, 06:43 PM
Welcome to Africa. Only time the world what's to know about africa is on Red Noes Day or then there is a famine. To the point the west will start an outcry them many many many MANY people(africans) die.

Cognescenti
04-05-2007, 07:40 PM

GO Ethiopia! Rah Rah Rah...kuffar, kuffar...sis boom bah!

how is that?

Quit calling people "kuffar" would you? I personally find it offensive. Try "non-Muslims" or even "westerners"

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
GO Ethiopia! Rah Rah Rah...kuffar, kuffar...sis boom bah!

how is that?

Quit calling people "kuffar" would you? I personally find it offensive. Try "non-Muslims" or even "westerners"
The reason he calls us Kufars is because it is offensive.
It is standard practice to dehumanize the enemy.
So the real question is why he sees us as the enemy.

Cognescenti
04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Quite right! That is precisely the question.

This forum has loads of rules. Perhaps the use of "kuffar" in a pejorative fashion should not be permitted.

@ Mahdisoldier

So what is it? Why do you hate the "kuffar"?

1. Yada yada yada....Israel?
2. Yada yada yada....Iraq?
3. Yada yada yada.....Afghanistan?
4. Yada yada yada.....Baywatch?

Khan-Ghalgha
04-05-2007, 10:45 PM
So far as I know it's not allowed to call people kuffar just because they're non-muslims.

Kuffar basicly means - "covering" Quranic meaning - covering the truth, kafir thus means the one covering the truth, the one who got the true knowledge of Islam and still refuses to believe, or "covering up the truth", might be wrong here tho.

Anyway I don't think it's an appropriate islamic way to speak with non-muslims unless maybe you're absolutely sure they're covering up the truth, nowadays it is hard to find muslims who know the truth about Islam, not even mentioning non-muslims who watch TV or read newspapers even occasionally, I would be shocked if any would have a positive wiew of Islam

mahdisoldier19
04-05-2007, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khan-Ghalgha
So far as I know it's not allowed to call people kuffar just because they're non-muslims.

Kuffar basicly means - "covering" Quranic meaning - covering the truth, kafir thus means the one covering the truth, the one who got the true knowledge of Islam and still refuses to believe, or "covering up the truth", might be wrong here tho.

Anyway I don't think it's an appropriate islamic way to speak with non-muslims unless maybe you're absolutely sure they're covering up the truth, nowadays it is hard to find muslims who know the truth about Islam, not even mentioning non-muslims who watch TV or read newspapers even occasionally, I would be shocked if any would have a positive wiew of Islam
No i am simply stating the kuffar are quiet, whats wrong with that?

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 10:56 PM
As I said before:

Cognescenti
04-06-2007, 02:13 AM
I understood his explanation (which was very good). How is it that you can't?

BTW, In the case of offensive language it is the aggrieved party who generally makes the call on what is offensive...not the speaker. Try using the "N" word in front of a group of African Americans, for example, and see what kind of reception you get.

mahdisoldier19
04-06-2007, 05:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
I understood his explanation (which was very good). How is it that you can't?

BTW, In the case of offensive language it is the aggrieved party who generally makes the call on what is offensive...not the speaker. Try using the "N" word in front of a group of African Americans, for example, and see what kind of reception you get.
I actually got a good reception, it depends on how you use it.

Since my friends from Egypt do not mind, but i understood what you meant. I can say it though. Its common in the suburbs in NYC to say the N word, depends on the context you use it in.

snakelegs
04-06-2007, 06:03 AM
this kafir is quiet because this kafir is shamefully ignorant about somalia.
all i can say is i hope the bloodshed stops soon.

mahdisoldier19
04-06-2007, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
this kafir is quiet because this kafir is shamefully ignorant about somalia.
all i can say is i hope the bloodshed stops soon.
Now your on a roll, you are getting the point more and more on this board!

im trying to add rep points for you but it will not allow me 2

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.