/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who's your fav. in history

Ummu Amatullah
07-28-2005, 04:29 PM
ladies and germs don't really know if this belongs where i put it ,but whatever.Inshallah by SaturdayI need to know as much people in history because of this lecture i've got to give out.What's your favorite person in history and Why?brothers :sorry: about the germs.See ya in a rush.Salams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
idris patel
07-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Obviously only one answer - The most beloved prophet of Islam - Muhammad Mustafa (SAW).
Muhammad Mustafa - the most influential man in history and an example of human perfection. The following poem that I have written emphasises why Muhammad Mustafa is my favourite in history.

Muhammad Mustafa - The prophet of Islam

With the birth of Muhammad did Arabia awake
The lake of Persia ran dry and palaces of Kisra shake
Extinguished was the 1000 year old raging fire
Mustafa’s birth - end of the Roman and Persian Empire

Of the noble tribe, the Banu Hashim was he
Orphaned young – raised by his paternal family
A herdsman and as a merchant he was successful
Al-Amin and As-Sadiq, the trustworthy and faithful

His honesty, integrity, patience and purity of life
Appealed to the great lady Khadija who became his wife
Gentle and kind hearted with a life of such simplicity
Muhammad, a model of compassion and humility

He assisted the poor, the needy, the widow and orphan,
He bore the burden of the slave and the downtrodden
He nursed the sick with tender loving affection
Muhammad Mustafa and example of human perfection

At the age of 40 in Hira he received his prophecy
To preach Oneness of God and his absolute authority
The faithful amongst them accepted his invitation
The stones, trees and animals hymned his glorification
He ensured hardships in the path of truthfulness
Stoned, accosted and mocked for his forthrightness
He migrated to an oasis – now known as Al-Madina
From here Islam was spread by the prophet of Arabia

Today he is loved and honoured by over a billion
The greatest of men who preached the greatest of religion
Each day his name is declared by those near and far
Laillaha illalah muhammadur rasulullah

A preacher and warrior who overcame every hindrance
A mercy to mankind and a pure light of guidance
Peace and blessings on him, the most perfect believer
The seal of the prophets who left the Quran and Sunnah.

Wassalam.

Bittersteel
07-28-2005, 04:53 PM
the Prophet Mohammad saws ofcourse.

Ummu Amatullah
07-28-2005, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
the Prophet Mohammad saws ofcourse.
I'm begging you people someone besides prophet Muhammad.I actually wanted to ask who's your role model and why? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bittersteel
07-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Salahuddin King of the Saracens.

idris patel
07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
How can you have someone besides Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (SAW)? ( I totally disagree !!!).

Our role model to the end of time is Prophet Muhammad (SAW). The reasons have been explained before.

Halima
07-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Assalaam Alaikum,

As a muslim sister, apart from Prophet Muhammed (saw) I would say that Khadija (ra) is my role-model, because Mashallah she is the perfect role-model for ALL muslim wifes, and she stood by Prophet muhammed (saw)'s side through thick and thin. Alhamdulilah that's how all muslim wives should be. When the Prophet (saw) was sick she was sitting at his bed-side. When the Prophet (saw) told about his revelation and no one believed him mashallah, she believed him. She believed every word he said. From the start of the revelation to his death. The fact that he was younger than her didn't even matter. It was his heart, his open mind, and his reputation that had attracted him to her. With all that said, apart from Prophet (saw), Khadija is my role-model.

Wasalaam.

Bittersteel
07-28-2005, 06:57 PM
How can you have someone besides Prophet Muhammad Mustafa (SAW)? ( I totally disagree !!!).
well I think Shukri said favorite person after The Prophet saws.Most favorite is the Prophet saws.

minaz
07-28-2005, 07:59 PM
Lol well i think the thread should be renamed - Who's your secodn favourite person in history after the prophet mohammed (saw)!

Z
07-28-2005, 10:34 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Can I say my grandmother?

someone
07-28-2005, 10:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by idris patel

Our role model to the end of time is Prophet Muhammad (SAW). The reasons have been explained before.
Agree with you totally akhi.

root
07-28-2005, 10:51 PM
Mine would be Oliver Cromwell.......]

:-)

Ummu Amatullah
07-29-2005, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Mine would be Oliver Cromwell.......]

:-)
interesting choice why him?If you don't mind me asking.

junna1
07-29-2005, 02:39 AM
:sl:

Sis, why don't you want a muslim person for your lecture? Like prophet muhammed:arabic5: or the sahabis or the other prophet's or the salafs? They are the best people ever created.

btw: My role model is Prophet Muhammed:arabic5: and my favorite person in history. :D :love:

:w:

Ra`eesah
07-29-2005, 07:51 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

One of my Fav Sahabis is Mus'ab bin Umair, when i heard his story i thought of myself and how much i could relate...

read more here inshallah

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...article&id=294

Ummu Amatullah
07-29-2005, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by junna1

Sis, why don't you want a muslim person for your lecture? Like prophet muhammed:arabic5: or the sahabis or the other prophet's or the salafs? They are the best people ever created.

btw: My role model is Prophet Muhammed:arabic5: and my favorite person in history. :D :love:

Salams sis i'm already using them I need other people besides them or other sahaba's I never in my life heard about. ;)

minaz
07-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeh I look upto cromwell an all (that's because i'm a republican) but yeh he helped to bring King Charkles 1st to trial for betryaing his people, which was a very brave thing to do - lol and it ended up in Charles beign beheaded :p Long live the king, I mean the republic!

aamirsaab
07-29-2005, 06:29 PM
GENGHIS KHAN..ZINDABAD ;)

minaz
07-29-2005, 06:32 PM
"GENGHIS KHAN"
Don't like him what so ever

aamirsaab
07-29-2005, 06:34 PM
But you gotta admit, genghis is a funny name. To be honest, i don't have a fave person in history. Although, gandi was quite a good chap. :brother:

minaz
07-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes Ghandi was Mr 20th century - along with MLK, Du Bois, FDR, JFK, Churchill ooooo and Maggie (she aint a man but near enough!)

s4lma
07-29-2005, 08:59 PM
My favourite person in history(after the prophet (PBUH), his family and companions) would have to be Ayatollah Khumayni's (may god rest his soul) for his role in the iranian revolution, i feel tht we can all learne alot from him. He saw that what the shah was doing in iran was imoral and instead of standing back and just watching he did something about it. I pray tht god gives us all the strength to speak out against the injustices of this world.

Ataraxis
07-29-2005, 09:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by junna1

Uhuh. DITTO. Definitely Prophet Muhammed (SAW).. :love: :) .

Genius
07-29-2005, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s4lma
My favourite person in history(after the prophet (PBUH), his family and companions) would have to be Ayatollah Khumayni's (may god rest his soul) for his role in the iranian revolution, i feel tht we can all learne alot from him. He saw that what the shah was doing in iran was imoral and instead of standing back and just watching he did something about it. I pray tht god gives us all the strength to speak out against the injustices of this world.
You iranian/shia?

s4lma
07-30-2005, 10:49 AM
im a shia

Bittersteel
07-30-2005, 11:38 AM
I am confused about Shias.Who do they recognize as the last Prophet?

forgive me for being off topic.I don't want to start a new thread about this.

s4lma
07-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Our last Prophet was Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)

Bedriyo
07-30-2005, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by s4lma
Our last Prophet was Prophet Muhammed (pbuh)
if your last prophat was mohamed then how come you guys follow Ali more than mohamed. isnt that what shia stands for? the followers of Ali while sunni's are the followers of the prophet and is sunnah

Genius
07-30-2005, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedriyo
if your last prophat was mohamed then how come you guys follow Ali more than mohamed. isnt that what shia stands for? the followers of Ali while sunni's are the followers of the prophet and is sunnah
Don't go off topic.

Ummu Amatullah
07-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Asalamu Alaykum
My favorite person in histrory besides the prophets are Nusaybay bint Ka'b, Sumayya bint Khayyat and Nu'man bin Bashir. They were so couragous.

sena
07-31-2005, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedriyo

firstly I am sunni muslim. but I think that you have some mistake about your writings. I have some Shia friends, they call themself as Ahlul Beyt. think why do they call themself as ahlul beyt?.. Ahlul beyt means Hz.Muhammed (s.a.v) and his family.they are not only followers of Ali. They are followers Muhammed(s.a.v) and his family.

with my regards

sena
07-31-2005, 06:28 PM
my favorite in history, Hz. Muhammed (s.a.v) and Mevlana Jelaluddin rumi........

minaz
07-31-2005, 06:43 PM
"rumi" i've heard of that name, not in the card game, but there's a book titled it and i think it has like phrases and poems inside, not to sure but yeh i've came across it

mary
07-31-2005, 06:47 PM
rumi amazin poet has really beautiful pieces of work

minaz
07-31-2005, 06:52 PM
I dislike poems, I guess I don't like poets either, so he won't go down as my favourite in history (lol Lord Byron - cracks me up)

sena
07-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Mevlana jelaluddin rumi is not poet, he wrote a books, is called as ''Mesnevi''. his writings is said as poem by people from other countries, but it is not a poem exactly. anyway, he is greatest sufi in our country.

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
I dislike poems, I guess I don't like poets either, so he won't go down as my favourite in history (lol Lord Byron - cracks me up)
Spike Milligan cracks me up.

s4lma
08-01-2005, 12:07 AM
salaam,
thnx sister sena i was going to say that...Propehet Muhammed is our last prophet and we believe that Imam Ali was his next rightous succesor, We do follow the sunnah of the prophet(PBUH) and his family, however when u say(bedriyo) that we follow Ali more then the Prophet what exactly do u mean.
sorry for going of topic jus wnted to clarify!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.