/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment

Bittersteel
07-28-2005, 04:49 PM
Are entertainment haram for Muslims?You know thiose in tvs and concerts etc.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
salam brother...lol...good idea to make ur own thread...bcoz it's an interesting question mashaalah
when we use the word entertainment it's no obligatory a haraam thing...muslums can have halaal fun too;)...
for concerts...ect of course its haraam so we cant call that entetainement:(...its ma'siya(sin)

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-28-2005, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
:sl:
Entertainment refers to all pleasurable and amusing activities, thus it cannot be said to be haraam, although certain forms of entertainment would be obviously haraam. If you could be more specific it would be beneficial.

Although it is not exactly haraam, I would strongly advice brothers and sisters to remove their television as it can certainly be a vessel for haraam.

:w:

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 10:59 PM
true indeed. entertainment varies from person to person. someone could find watching TV entertaining, while the other could think islamic discussions is entertaining, as another may think watching paint dry is entertaining. once it coincides with all that is halal then it is khayr, if it requires indulging in haram, stay far far away.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
abdurrazak
07-29-2005, 07:22 PM
err wa ailekum asalam and what a thick question "are concerts haram" what do you think EMINEM coiming and singing at your leisure? god what will people ask next is "pig halal"? dayum people are retarded. :mad:

minaz
07-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Lol chiil out, and please don't accuse Abdul Aziz or anyone you don't know of beign a "retard"

Bittersteel
07-29-2005, 08:42 PM
hindi serials?My brother and mother and most of the Bangladeshi people are crazy about it and also rock concerts.

Safa
07-29-2005, 09:47 PM
hindi serials?My brother and mother and most of the Bangladeshi people are crazy about it and also rock concerts.
Assalamu alaikum,

:sister: >>>used to be addicted to those...but now that i hardly watch tv i am actually able to dedicate my time to ebaadah.

What fun would your brother get out of hindi serials?? I know that mostly females young and old make up the majority of the audience...

Muezzin
07-30-2005, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdurrazak
err wa ailekum asalam and what a thick question "are concerts haram" what do you think EMINEM coiming and singing at your leisure? god what will people ask next is "pig halal"? dayum people are retarded. :mad:

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 07:09 PM
[CONTENT REMOVED]
Forum Rules

'1. Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully.
2. Beef are comments made for the purpose of insulting somebody else with negative intent, looking for a negative reaction, or blatantly insulting somebody.'

Hehe, see ya! :)

rsx
08-02-2005, 02:50 AM
Eminem rules! I hope 1 day slim shady comes to Toronto for a concert again. :) Last week Jay Z and Kayne West was at much music, it was pretty cool.

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Jay Z is a fat blubber jub who needs to eat less and exercise more.

TEH
08-02-2005, 12:09 PM
Abdulrazzaq seems a bit lost, and minaz my friend, no need to stoop to his level...

:)

and rsx, we dont listen to music in Islam...

:D

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Islam doesn't preclude good eating and a healthy lifestyle though :p

Ummu Amatullah
08-02-2005, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rsx
Eminem rules! I hope 1 day slim shady comes to Toronto for a concert again. :) Last week Jay Z and Kayne West was at much music, it was pretty cool.
:brother: ;D you're kidding me right?You didn't really go to the concert did you?seriously :omg: .Hope your joking :brother: .Serious matter nothing to joke about.Muezzin what's up with eating and exercising :confused: .Salams.

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 02:11 PM

Eating and exercising are my themes of the day.

And going to music concerts is bad, mmkay?

TEH
08-02-2005, 04:08 PM
Yes going concerts are bad, but i mean, there are muslims out there who have gf's and bf's and listen to music, and drink alcohol, and party all night, can you believe it...

nurah19
08-02-2005, 05:10 PM
my sister has removed every tv from her house, does not allow her young children to socialize with any non- muslims however all of children knows about jay- z and beyonce, there are somethings you just can't escape living in America the land of kuffars music is one of them

TEH
08-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Its called general knowledge...

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 05:24 PM
And this guy's called General Grievous

Bittersteel
08-02-2005, 05:35 PM
and I am a Star Wars freak!

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 05:35 PM
And Star Wars is halal entertainment!

minaz
08-02-2005, 06:17 PM
it's a load of bull!

Muezzin
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
If by 'bull' you mean 'fiction' then yes, yes it is :)

rsx
08-02-2005, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
:brother: ;D you're kidding me right?You didn't really go to the concert did you?seriously :omg: .Hope your joking :brother: .Serious matter nothing to joke about.Muezzin what's up with eating and exercising :confused: .Salams.
I would go to his concert if he ever came to Canada ... last time he was here was like 5 years a ago and I was too young to go back then.

Ummu Amatullah
08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
I would go to his concert if he ever came to Canada ... last time he was here was like 5 years a ago and I was too young to go back then.
:brother:why visit some wannabe gangsta.In America a white person that pretends to be black when it's obvious that they aren't is called a wigga not nigga but wigga.So seems the Eminem is just that.Not to remind you it's a very harsh word to be called.Aren't you muslim come on staghfurullah bro :thumbs_do .Prophet Muhammad told us to stay away from music because that's the devils Quran and it's like poison to the heart.Hope Allah forgives you ameen!!!Instead of going to Eminem's concerts why not go to Yusuf Islam's and Sami Yusuf's concerts.Plus it's really fun unlike other types of concerts where you drink intoxicants,do drugz , and even commit Zina.

rsx
08-03-2005, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Instead of going to Eminem's concerts why not go to Yusuf Islam's and Sami Yusuf's concerts.
never heard of them before ...... got links so I can know more about them? I'm curious.

TEH
08-04-2005, 02:50 PM
At the top of this website, it says nasheeds, go and listen to a few of them mate...

Muezzin
08-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Books are halal entertainment.

Unless it's the Da Vinci Code.

Maybe.

Henry
08-04-2005, 06:07 PM
never heard of them before ...... got links so I can know more about them? I'm curious.
Assalamu Alaikam

Brother, do you know what this forum's main website is? Load-Islam.com!

http://www.load-islam.com/Media/ :)

Bittersteel
08-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Unless it's the Da Vinci Code.
what's wrong with that book?Have you read it?

minaz
08-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Lol nothing wrong with it, it's fiction at the end of the day which mirrors the history of the Catholic church. Lol worth a read!

Muezzin
08-05-2005, 05:48 PM
what's wrong with that book?Have you read it?
I was half-joking, hence the 'maybe'. ;)

However, it was only half-joking because some people may indeed be offended by a book about Christ and the true Holy Grail as imagined by the author. I know some Christians are vehemently against it. I also know some of those crazy Imams (as opposed to the many, many level-headed Muslim spiritual leaders) would take offence to a 'Western fabrication' of Prophet Isa's (ahs) life and try to bomb Dan Brown's house by posting themselves in explosive parcels. :)

Bittersteel
08-05-2005, 07:40 PM
what does it say?

Muezzin
08-05-2005, 07:42 PM
It's based in part upon a painting by Leonarda Da Vinci, and says that Christ had a wife/'lady friend', Mary Magdalane, and basically takes a literary dump on the heart of Christian teachings.

Bittersteel
08-05-2005, 07:49 PM
the lady friend part....was that true?

Muezzin
08-05-2005, 07:51 PM

I'm not really sure. Google 'truth behind Da Vinci Code' and see what turns up.

minaz
08-05-2005, 09:02 PM
lol it's not true, it uses facts such as: the Chrisitan knights who protected the church buried upon the old temple in Jerusalem, along with French monks, and Leonardo himself, however it uses all these facts and ties them together to create a cool story - but like any FICTION book don't take it for real.

princezz
08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
:)^^

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.