/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Arts And Crafts

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 07:09 PM
as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah

i was wondering if anyone knew any good islamic arts and crafts types of activities i can do with my summer school class. alhamdulillah i teach and they listen, but i think part of learning is doing something fun as well. i dont want them to get dry on me or something inshaAllah.

anyone know any good project ideas? or any websites that might have anything? like games or puzzles even?

oh, and they're girls, 9-11 if that makes a difference =)

jazamukAllahu khayrun

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
07-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey I work in an arts and crafts shop! If you live in Leicester come on down and i'll give you a discount, if not visit the website it's only £2.00 p&p on anything
http://www.papergourmet.co.uk

NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 09:21 PM
yea thanks akh,but i reside near New York haha

Z
07-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Some painting is always fun. Set up a picture or something and ask each to paint it. The best one gets a prize or something. Maybe even a painting set so that they can continue painting at home.

Making models of the Kaba and Masjids might be a time consuming, but can be fun if you do it as groupwork. Make two groups and you help each one a little bit with planning and executing the task.

There's always origami. Get some books out from the library, buy some sheets from a craft shop and have a whole day making bits and bobs.

Will think of more and post later insha Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 11:04 PM
jazakAllahu khayr for the ideas. the sunday school usually builds a model ka'bah during the timing of Hajj, and all my students attended sunday school, so they wouldnt be too into that. painting sounds aight, i'd makem do that OUTSIDE the masjid, on the lawn or something haha.

as salaamu alaikum

Ra`eesah
07-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

whats the age group ukhtee?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.