NooralHaya
07-28-2005, 07:17 PM
WHY WOULD YOU VOLUNTEER FOR THIS.. ? HAHA

Thursday, July 28, 2005
'I felt the surge of the shock. It was incredibly painful'
Source: Independant

By Matthew Beard
Published: 28 July 2005

The effectiveness of the Taser stun gun was put to the test when Britain's second most senior policeman agreed to be a guinea pig.

Michael Todd, Chief Constable of Greater Manchester, volunteered to be a "victim" to show how its 50,000 volts could be used as a weapon to tackle crime.

He was challenged to take the test earlier this month after he told a Police Federation conference in May he would be a guinea pig for any test of the device to back up his call to issue it to more officers. He was accompanied by two officers ready to catch him when a member of the Tactical Firearms Unit fired two metal barbs into his back from a distance of 10 feet in a trial earlier this month.

As the 50,000-volt charge was delivered through fine wires connecting the darts to the yellow plastic gun, Mr Todd screamed out "Aargh! Aargh!" in agony for five seconds. His face contorted into a grimace, his back arched, then he fell forward and was caught by the two officers who held him securely as his body convulsed for two or three seconds.

But within 20 seconds of being hit, Mr Todd, 45, was able to speak normally as a paramedic removed the barbs and swabbed the small puncture wounds.

Forty-five seconds after impact, he was helped to his feet and described the experience as the most painful of his life. "It hurt like hell," he told the Mail on Sunday. "I felt the full surge of the shock from my fingertips to my toes. At the point of impact I felt the barbs going into my back. Then the charge hit me. I wanted to fall forward but I was absolutely unable to move. It was incredibly painful."

[http://islamicawakening.com/viewnews.php?newsID=5269&]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ra`eesah
07-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

no way i dont know why they need guinea pigs to be tested on they usually test it on criminals... crooked cops .

abdurrazak
07-29-2005, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NooralHaya
WHY WOULD YOU VOLUNTEER FOR THIS.. ? HAHA

Thursday, July 28, 2005
'I felt the surge of the shock. It was incredibly painful'
Source: Independant

By Matthew Beard
Published: 28 July 2005

The effectiveness of the Taser stun gun was put to the test when Britain's second most senior policeman agreed to be a guinea pig.

Michael Todd, Chief Constable of Greater Manchester, volunteered to be a "victim" to show how its 50,000 volts could be used as a weapon to tackle crime.

He was challenged to take the test earlier this month after he told a Police Federation conference in May he would be a guinea pig for any test of the device to back up his call to issue it to more officers. He was accompanied by two officers ready to catch him when a member of the Tactical Firearms Unit fired two metal barbs into his back from a distance of 10 feet in a trial earlier this month.

As the 50,000-volt charge was delivered through fine wires connecting the darts to the yellow plastic gun, Mr Todd screamed out "Aargh! Aargh!" in agony for five seconds. His face contorted into a grimace, his back arched, then he fell forward and was caught by the two officers who held him securely as his body convulsed for two or three seconds.

But within 20 seconds of being hit, Mr Todd, 45, was able to speak normally as a paramedic removed the barbs and swabbed the small puncture wounds.

Forty-five seconds after impact, he was helped to his feet and described the experience as the most painful of his life. "It hurt like hell," he told the Mail on Sunday. "I felt the full surge of the shock from my fingertips to my toes. At the point of impact I felt the barbs going into my back. Then the charge hit me. I wanted to fall forward but I was absolutely unable to move. It was incredibly painful."

[http://islamicawakening.com/viewnews.php?newsID=5269&]

LOL people next thing theyll do unpredictable! we shud test weapons on BUSH!

NooralHaya
07-29-2005, 08:49 PM
what site has what kinds of twisted views?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mary
07-29-2005, 08:55 PM
lol complete nutter...

Ataraxis
07-29-2005, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mary
lol complete nutter...
:sl:
Heh..ditto..crazy. No way would I voluntarily put myself up for that. eek.:zip:
:w:

Ra`eesah
07-31-2005, 08:32 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by NooralHaya
what site has what kinds of twisted views?
nevermind it my mistake i was thinking of another site...

Gaf_G
07-31-2005, 04:20 PM
heh heh u think a taser gun is bad u guys ever heard of a microwave gun? basically as the name suggests it fires high frequency microwaves at ppl to cause extreme pain... more info check out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/ixworld.html

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 08:47 PM
You wanna see funny taser videos? I'll give ya funny taser videos! :D

Man, she had that coming

p.s. Gaf_G, are those things like pain in 30 seconds or your money back?

Rabi'ya
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
Its disgusting that we have to use this on anyone...even criminals....Its upsetting

Wsalaam

Rabi'ya:rose:

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Its disgusting that we have to use this on anyone...even criminals....Its upsetting
It's better than guns.

Rabi'ya
07-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Hmm this is true, still upsetting tho...ive got a thing with pain:( i know nobody likes it, but it just upsets me to think of anyone being in pain....im too soft:(

Rabi'ya:rose:

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
Hmm this is true, still upsetting tho...ive got a thing with pain:( i know nobody likes it, but it just upsets me to think of anyone being in pain....im too soft:(
Nothing wrong with disliking pain.

That said, I've no qualms about causing pain (not literal injuries necesarily) to those who have hurt others.

mary
07-31-2005, 09:07 PM
Salaam
OMG ITS SO DISTRESSING TO HEAR, its barbaric, awww horrible
Wasalam

minaz
07-31-2005, 09:20 PM
That's bilal for ya!

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 10:26 PM
You want to find out what a flip-flop upside your head feels like, minaz? :p

Uthman
08-01-2005, 07:17 PM

My mum's friends' friend's son is called Bilal. :)

I have this thing about pain too. :( Pain can be quite painful. :(

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:01 PM

It's when you find pain pleasurable that you should really get worried.

minaz
08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
like you picking at your acne :p

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:06 PM

Minaz, I get the feeling with your constant calls for a good smacking that you have masochistic tendencies yourself :p

Seriously, I still think tasers are better in the hands of Brit cops than guns. They're a bit too trigger-happy for the latter.

minaz
08-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Jean Charles de Menezes

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Care to elaborate on that random espoundment?

I doubt a copper would have shot him eight times with a taser gun. One shot would put him out for the count, they'd have found out he was innocent, and most importantly, he'd still be alive.

Uthman
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. :)

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:44 PM

When life gives you tasers, zap someone :)

Uthman
08-01-2005, 09:45 PM

When life gives you Minaz, call for Muezzin :)

minaz
08-01-2005, 09:46 PM
abuse that's all I ever get these days

Uthman
08-01-2005, 09:47 PM

When life gives minaz abuse, all point and laugh :)

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:48 PM

When threads get random, use this smiley: :offtopic:

Uthman
08-01-2005, 09:50 PM

When threads don't get random, don't use this smiley: :offtopic:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.