/* */

PDA

View Full Version : who is an arab?

Sinbad
04-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Im always confuced in this. Syrians and Egyptians are suppose to be arabs right? When i asked an syrian if he spoke arabic he said no i speak my own language. And when i asked an egyptian about arabic food he said he didnt know they eat egyptian food and are not arabs.

The worst are the north africans that are all arabs they can get violent if you call them an arab. Tunisia is a typicall arabic nation to me, but they dont speak arabic but tunisian they say, and that they dont understand arabic.
And the classic, "they are not arabs".

Is this thrue? I know pakistanis et c are not arabs thats a known fact, but when reffering to the arab world you refer to people that say they are coptic, assyrian et c by race and tunisian e tc by language.

How is it really?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
iqbal_soofi
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Im always confuced in this. Syrians and Egyptians are suppose to be arabs right? When i asked an syrian if he spoke arabic he said no i speak my own language. And when i asked an egyptian about arabic food he said he didnt know they eat egyptian food and are not arabs.

The worst are the north africans that are all arabs they can get violent if you call them an arab. Tunisia is a typicall arabic nation to me, but they dont speak arabic but tunisian they say, and that they dont understand arabic.

Is this thrue? I know pakistanis et c are not arabs thats a known fact, but when reffering to the arab world you refer to people that say they are coptic, assyrian et c by race and tunisian e tc by language.

How is it really?
I guess in Egypt there're two kinds of people Arabs and locals. I know a an Egyptian friend who is an Arab. He once told that the people of the southern Egypt don't speak Arabic and are much different than us. There're plenty of Arabs in Egypt whose ancestors migrated into Egypt after it was captured by them.

I guess the same for Syria and other countries.

As far as Pakistan is concerned I've a little better idea. They history of that nation has been badly distorted by the invadvers and their followers who invaded that part of the world and looted their resources. They tried to dominate the locals by distorting their history which showed an ugly picture of the local people. Those among the locals who got educated in the institutions set up by invaders by the invaders, tried to dissociate themseleves from the local roots and made their relationship with the invaders who were superficially shown as beautiful nations. Now most of the educated Pakistanis don't consider themselves as Pakistanis. Some of them say that we came from Iran, some say we came from Afghanistan and some say that we came from Arab. This is not the fact. In fact the region where Pakistan is now used to be much rich in agricultural resources. These resources were developed by nobody but the wise and intellegent people of Pakistan. The invadors or the dacoits attacked them for nothing but to get hold on the resources of Pakistanis. It's a shame if the educated people associate themselves with the invading dacoits who came to loot their ancestors.

Sinbad
04-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Balüchs are an iranic people. You see Russia invaded Iran, Iran defeated Russia. Then Russia came back with modern weapons and brittish alliance, they took Iran on 2 fronts and split it up, Central Asia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, et c went to Russia. And Western Afghanistan and Pakistan went to England.

You see, Samarkand is a persian city in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan is a persian nation, they all speak persian, Baluchistan was stolen and is today half of Pakistan. These Areas where a part of Iran thousands of years.

then we got dravidian pakistanis, wich are indian muslims.

Sinbad
04-04-2007, 12:56 AM
And yes, i know youre talking about the coptics, im speaking of arab egyptians that speak arabic only that say they are not arabs.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
04-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Balüchs are an iranic people. You see Russia invaded Iran, Iran defeated Russia. Then Russia came back with modern weapons and brittish alliance, they took Iran on 2 fronts and split it up, Central Asia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, et c went to Russia. And Western Afghanistan and Pakistan went to England.

You see, Samarkand is a persian city in Kazakhstan, Tajikistan is a persian nation, they all speak persian, Baluchistan was stolen and is today half of Pakistan. These Areas where a part of Iran thousands of years.

yes - not all of the people in what is now pakistan are south asian (i think it's mostly only punjab). but they are certainly not arabs. the balochis, as you mentioned, as well as the pashtuns and sindhis are not arabs either. almost all of the languages are indo-european. but the few dravidians that you mentioned. (how they got "up there" i have no idea).

iqbal_soofi
04-04-2007, 01:24 AM

Where did you get this important historical information from?

Pakistan used to be a part of India when it was taken over by a British trading company named East India Company and then it was given under the British rule. Pakistan was never a part of Iran in history, although it had been a part of the Indian Empire which was ruled by invaders from Turkey and then Afghansitan. However, the central Asian states of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan had been a part of Turkish Khilafat for a long time before the breaking of the Khilafat by the joint efforts of the British and Saudis. It was then Russia took hold of these states. Arab was a big country ruled by the Turkish khalifas. After the breaking of Turkish Khilafat Arab was then divided into Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Syria. Iran, Afghanistan and India were ruled independently by Muslim rulers under the umbrella of the Turk Khilafat which was more of a psychological or spiritual nature than any material or practical significance. Turkey didn't play any part to stop the British East India Company taking over of India. India, Iran and Afghanistan did nothing worthwhile to stop the breaking of the khilafat.

Sinbad
04-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Part of India? There have never been a nation called india before 47, it was several states, even today it is, its only an union now.

Afghanistan lost, the terretories Iran lost are still persian speaking.
http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Histor...t_question.htm

Azerbajjan
http://www.answers.com/topic/history-of-azerbaijan

But to Balüchistan
Balochistan or Baluchistan is an arid region located in the Iranian Plateau in Southwest Asia and South Asia, between Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan. The area is named after the numerous Baloch (or Baluch, Balouch, Balooch, Balush, Balosh, Baloosh, Baloush) tribes, an Iranian people, who moved into the area from the west around A.D. 1000. All natives are considered Balochi even if they do not speak Balochi; Pashto, Persian, and Brahui languages are also spoken in the region. The southern part of Balochistan is known as Makran.

You want to see Balüchistan in 1808? heres a Map http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Images...a_1808_Map.jpg

Sinbad
04-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Before that the Russian stole central asia, the last part of Iran lost was Baharin, 20% persian speaking 80% shia, lost in the 70s.

Sinbad
04-04-2007, 01:54 AM
Central asia was lost before that, the last land lost was Baharin, 20% persians 80% shias total. Instead they have planted little unimportant nations like UAE? Jordan? Azerbajjan? "Divide and counqer", the west is good at it.

snakelegs
04-04-2007, 02:02 AM
there are separatist movements in frontier province and baluchistan. they don't think they have anything in common with the punjabis. not sure about sindh, but i think there also.

Woodrow
04-04-2007, 02:06 AM
I've actually found very few Arabs in North Africa. Most of the North Africans I met were of Berber, Phonecian, Roman, and Egyptian ancestry. I never met an Arab Tunisian, All that I ever met were Berber.

Tunisia has an interesting History. I don't know what Tunisians you met, but most of them claim to be Arab although less than 20% of the population is Arab.

Demographics of Tunisia

While the vast majority of modern Tunisians identify themselves as Arabs, they are mainly the descendants of Berbers, and to a lesser extent of Semitic peoples (Phoenicians/Canaanites; Arabs): less than 20% of the genetic material (Y-chromosome analysis) comes from the Middle East.[1] In addition people from numerous civilizations that have invaded, migrated to, and been assimilated into the population over the millennia.

Recorded history in Tunisia begins with the arrival of Phoenicians, who founded Carthage and other North African settlements in the 8th century BC. Carthage became a major sea power, clashing with Rome for control of the Mediterranean until it was defeated and captured by the Romans in 146 B.C. The Romans ruled in North Africa until the 5th century when the Roman Empire fell and Tunisia was invaded by European tribes, including the Vandals. The Muslim conquest in the 7th century transformed Tunisia culturally and linguistically, with settlements from around the Arab and Ottoman world, including numbers of Spanish Moors and Jews at the end of the 15th century. Tunisia became a center of Arab culture and learning and was assimilated into the Turkish Ottoman Empire in the 16th century. It was a French protectorate from 1881 until independence in 1956, and retains close political, economic, and cultural ties with France.
Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/demographics-of-tunisia

جوري
04-04-2007, 02:12 AM
this is completely off topic... but I believe you are the first Zoroastrian we have had on board?! Do you mind starting a thread about Zoroastrianism on the comparitive religion section?
Thank you!

Sinbad
04-04-2007, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
this is completely off topic... but I believe you are the first Zoroastrian we have had on board?! Do you mind starting a thread about Zoroastrianism on the comparitive religion section?
Thank you!
i have=)

جوري
04-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Thank you catch you there :)

p.s how come I don't see it? can you attach the link here pls.?
thank you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.