/* */

PDA

View Full Version : run,run,run

Nuseyba bintkab
04-04-2007, 09:20 AM
AssalmuAlaikum-inspiration story

long time ago, there was an Emperor who told his horseman that if he could ride on his horse and cover as much land area as he likes, then the Emperor would give him the area of land he has covered. Sure enough, the horseman quickly jumped onto his horse and rode as fast as possible to cover as much land area as he could. He kept on riding and riding, whipping the horse to go as fast as possible. When he was hungry or tired, he did not stop because he wanted to cover as much area as possible. He came to a point when he had covered a substantial area and he was exhausted and was dying. Then he asked himself, “Why did I push myself so hard to cover so much land area? Now I am dying and I only need a very small area to bury myself.”

The story is similar with the journey of our Life. We push very hard everyday to make more money, to gain power and recognition. We neglect our religion,health , time with our family and to appreciate the surrounding beauty and preparation for death.. One day when we look back , we will realise that we don’t really need that much, but then we cannot turn back time for what we have missed.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
umm-sulaim
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
walykum salaam wa Rahmatullah,

maasha'a Allah, how true! thx for sharin sis

wassalaam

khadija_121
04-04-2007, 12:19 PM
:sl:
jazakallah, nice lil story but it really made me think

lyesh
04-04-2007, 12:34 PM
:sl:
woww! masha Allah! may Allah make us all steadfast in deen! ameen

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!