/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "And such are the days..."

Pk_#2
04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
Bismillah

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

In light of current events, and the apparent ease with which the Children of Israel - the killers of the Prophets and the breakers of covenants - kill and maim even the infants sitting in their strollers, I invite you to ponder over the following incident:

'Uthman bin Shaybah - of the tribe of Bani 'Abd ad-Dar - was the custodian of the Ka'bah, and was the carrier of its keys. One day, he opened up the Ka'bah for the leaders and heads of Quraysh, to find the Messenger of Allah amongst those waiting to enter it. 'Uthman (then a mushrik) pushed the Prophet in the chest, saying to him: "You are not worthy of entering!" So, the Prophet said to him: "O 'Uthman, what would you think if, one day, you were to see these keys in my hands, with me doing with them as I please?" 'Uthman responded: "That would be the day that Quraysh will be destroyed and humiliated."

Not even ten years passed until the Messenger of Allah was holding onto the covering of the Ka'bah, looking at the massive number of people who had surrendered and submitted themselves to him and his army, saying to them: "O Quraysh! What do you think I should do with you?" He was saying this with the flashbacks and memories of thirteen years of pain and torture that he had suffered at the hands of those whose lives were now in his hands; memories that he could not bear to relive: of thorns being thrown in his path, of intestines being placed on his back while prostrating in that very location only years before, of the starvation, of the humiliation in front of his family and Companions - and now, he is asking them: "What do you think I should do with you?" He then walked over to 'Uthman bin Shaybah, and took the keys to the Ka'bah from his hand.

SubhanAllah.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
unknown_JJ
04-14-2007, 09:58 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

SubhanAllah.
jazaki allah for the post

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

'Abd al-Baari
04-14-2007, 10:02 PM
:sl:

Subhanallah
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

AabiruSabeel
04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
:sl:
"What do you think I should do with you?"
You haven't written the Quraish's reply...

This is taken from Ar-raHeekh Al-Makhtoom (The Sealed Nectar -by Safiurrahman Mubarakpuri):
Our Prophet sallahllahu 'Alaihi wa Sallam called for ‘Uthman bin Talhah, the janitor of Al-Ka‘bah, from whom he took the key. He went in and saw images of Prophets Ibrahim and Ishmael, [AWS], throwing divination arrows. He denounced these acts of Quraish and ordered that all idols be dismantled, images and effigies deleted. He then entered the sacred hall to face the wall opposite the door and there again performed devout prostrations, and went around acclaiming Allah's Greatness and Oneness. Shortly afterwards, he returned to the door-way and standing upon its elevated step, gazed in thankfulness on the thronging multitude below and delivered the following celebrated address:

"There is no god but Allah Alone. He has no associates. He made good His Promise that He held to His slave and helped him and defeated all the Confederates along. Bear in mind that every claim of privilege, whether that of blood, or property, is under my heel, except that of the custody of Al-Ka‘bah and supplying of water to the pilgrims. Bear in mind that for anyone who is slain, even though semi-deliberately, with club or whip, for him the blood-money is very severe: a hundred camels, forty of them to be pregnant.

"O people of Quraish! surely Allah has abolished from you all pride of the pre-Islamic era and all conceit in your ancestry, (because) all men are descended from Adam, and Adam was made out of clay."

He then recited to them the verse:

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you near Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. one of the Muttaqoon i.e. pious and righteous persons who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden), and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." [Al-Qur'an 49:13]

He further added:

"O you people of Quraish! What do you think of the treatment that I am about to accord to you?"

They replied:

"O noble brother and son of noble brother! We expect nothing but goodness from you."

Upon this he said:

"I speak to you in the same words as Yusuf (the Prophet Joseph) spoke unto his brothers: He said: "No reproach on you this day," [Al-Qur'an 12:92] go your way, for you are freed ones."

As for the door-keeping of Al-Ka‘bah and supplying of water to pilgrims, the Prophet [pbuh] ordered that these jobs remain in the hand of ‘Uthman bin Talhah and that the key will stay with him and his descendants for ever.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
:salamext:

mashaAllah

thats mentioned in mufti ismail menki's "quranic revelations" talk, its amazing :D

DAWUD_adnan
04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
SubhanAllah!

- Qatada -
04-15-2007, 06:40 PM
:salamext:

subhaan Allaah, is there a source for it? :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.