/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fox Attacks: Black America & Barack Obama

mohammed farah
04-05-2007, 07:52 AM
Fox News Channel does it again. Their antics remain unfair and biased they have consistently attacked Black people, leaders, and cultural institutions. Fox also has an awful record of airing bigoted views and highly problematic framing around race issues.

Fox attacks obama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouKJi...%2Fnode%2F1603

Fox Attacks Black America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY04g...%2Fnode%2F1603

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muezzin
04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
To tell the truth, I found some of the comments about the videos more offensive. It's unsettling how many racists crawl out of the woodwork to spout their hate when these kinds of videos show up on YouTube. The videos are edited, and could be misleading for all I know - the comments are people around the world showing their true colours.

Keltoi
04-05-2007, 01:17 PM
FOX news and the Congressional Black Caucus are joining together to put on the first presidential debate. What the highly edited video doesn't tell you is that CNN, MSNBC, and the network news channels covered the same stories. When a person runs for president everything about their life will be examined by the media. It has nothing to do with "racism".

mustafaisb
04-05-2007, 07:15 PM
:salamext: I can honestly say that is horrible some of the things they said. Ketoi I really don't know what video you watched. They are racist. Here is one comment, "I've been working with these people for 20 years. They get up everyday and kill people and then go eat chicken afterwards." How much more racist can you get than that!!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
04-05-2007, 08:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mustafaisb
Here is one comment, "I've been working with these people for 20 years. They get up everyday and kill people and then go eat chicken afterwards." How much more racist can you get than that!!!
Erm, **context alert** He - presumably a law enforcement officer of some kind - was talking about OJ Simpson. The comment had nothing to do with racism, and everything to do with the fact he (OJ Simpson) is a cold-blooded killer who got away with it.

I certainly agree some of the comments made were racist, though. But, and I'm certainly no fan of Fox, that does not mean the network is racist. Certainly in the case of news interviews it is the racism itself that becomes the news.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.