PDA

View Full Version : Police 'Trained Guns At Boy, 12'

NooralHaya
07-29-2005, 03:09 PM
ANYONE HEAR ABOUT THIS ?

Police 'Trained Guns At Boy, 12'
Source: TimesOnline

By Sean O'Neill

UNDERCOVER armed police trained their guns at a 12-year-old Somali boy and pushed his grandmother against a wall, allegedly causing her to suffer a heart attack, the child’s mother claimed yesterday.

The incident is alleged to have happened on Harrow Road, northwest London, last Friday, the same day that officers shot dead Jean Charles de Menezes on an Underground train at Stockwell.

Aziza Hassan was walking with her son, Ahmed Omar, and her mother, Kadija Hassan, 74, to a mosque when they were surrounded by the plain- clothes officers. It is understood that the family was under surveillance because police were trying to trace Mrs Hassan’s estranged husband, Abbi Omar, 41.

Ms Hassan claimed: “They were shouting, telling us to put up our hands and pointing guns at my son. My mother put her hand around Ahmed to protect him. She was afraid he was going to be shot. One policeman grabbed her and pushed her against a wall quite heavily.” Ms Hassan said that her mother had a minor heart attack and an ambulance had to be called. She is still in hospital. The family has contacted a solicitor and is considering suing for compensation alleging police harassment.

Ms Hassan said: “What happened with the bombings was a horrible thing but they should not treat a 12-year-old boy and his grandmother like that.”

She said that officers were looking for her former husband who went abroad on July 15 and has not been in contact since. Ms Hassan said: “They said he may have links with the four men they showed on television, but I don’t think so. I cannot speak for him. I have nothing to do with him.”

Scotland Yard said its Directorate of Professional Standards was trying to find out more details about the incident.

A spokeswoman said: “Whilst we have received no formal complaint we are concerned about reports of this allegation. We would welcome any information about it from the community.”

http://islamicawakening.com/viewnews.php?newsID=5283&

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mr. Baldy
07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
aslaam alkyum,

astugfirullah, no tolerance for muslim women and children now. but ofcourse any muslim remotley religious is a terrorist.

wa alkyum aslaam

Muezzin
07-29-2005, 04:28 PM
:sl:

More trigger-happy coppers, eh? Flippin' crazies.

:w:

A7med
07-29-2005, 05:25 PM
:omg: THESE PEOPLE DO ANTTHING TO KILL OTHERS :'(

sorry just had to say
:offtopic: Total Posts: 522 (90.39 posts per day) !!!! :offtopic:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
07-30-2005, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brown clown
:sorry just had to say
:offtopic: Total Posts: 522 (90.39 posts per day) !!!! :offtopic:
...eh?

mary
07-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Thats so sad id hate to live in London now, the interogation appears to b much worse over there given all that has occured im glad i never went to uni in london. At one point it was my ambition!

Genius
07-30-2005, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
...eh?
The girl that started this thread.

Nakisai
07-30-2005, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baldy
aslaam alkyum,

astugfirullah, no tolerance for muslim women and children now. but ofcourse any muslim remotley religious is a terrorist.

wa alkyum aslaam
would you act the same way i truly think so. not saying what they have done is right but we need not to keep saying things like that what are you said that just pulling a Religious card. They do that enough don't you think?

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Yeah, all these 'religious cards' and 'race cards'. It's crazy man.

Why can't we just play snap?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.