/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can't think of a topic!

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 02:29 PM
:sl:

I wanted to write an islamic article of my own. I write loads of essays on various things now I want to do one about Islam. But for the life of me I can't decide what to do.

I don't want a topid that is really vast, just short and simple for my first one. Please if you have any suggestions could you post them here please?

:w:
Khadijah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 06:19 PM
Anyone?

'Abd al-Baari
04-05-2007, 06:23 PM

Is it an islamic article for an muslim audiece or everyone?

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Everyone really. I want to put it on my site.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
04-05-2007, 06:25 PM
:salamext:

How about the fundamentals of Islam (the 5 pillars)

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 06:25 PM

Did you mean general Islamic article?

Sister of Islam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Muhammad

How about the fundamentals of Islam (the 5 pillars)
^ good thought!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Or basic of Islam? It is more easy for you to start...

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah sis. I'll brainstorm the fudamentals of Islam bro JazakAllah

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
Yeah sis. I'll brainstorm the fudamentals of Islam bro JazakAllah
Ok sister...and good luck for this! And do not forget do Dua before start it..:D

noodles
04-05-2007, 06:33 PM
If you are looking for a good research-based topic, then do compare and contrast essay on Islam and another religion. Any religion that interests you.

I've been meaning to start writing too, but I seem to think my writing-style is not up to that level where I can fully get my point across to the targeted audience.

There are also other good topics.

If you are interested in History, then perhaps you can compare the similarities between the sahabas times and modern times and advise people how they can improve their lives.

Etiquettes of eating, sleeping, talking etc etc. Could be very useful for people and most are interesting too if the essay is original.

Misconceptions of Jihad is also another controversial topic.

Hijab (although a popular topic) can be interesting if expressed through analogies.

'Abd al-Baari
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
How about giving some simple hadiths and some easy stuff that people can do to gain rewards and Allah swt's pleasure, like praying Surah Surah Kahf every friday will Inshallah protect the person from the fitnah of Dajjal

Hope it goes well for you Inshallah

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 07:21 PM
^^ thats a good idea. I'll try that see how the thought shower comes along.

Umm Yoosuf
04-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatulaah

How about the relaity of Tawheed. Many people don't understand the importance of Tawheed.

edil
04-15-2007, 03:16 AM
Salams sister you know you could consider writting about the purpose which would be usefull for both muslims and nonmuslims because its important to know the reason for your creation. If not, then you could talk about manners and emphasize the importance of it and how beneficial it would be to have it.

nurul3eyn
04-15-2007, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
If you are looking for a good research-based topic, then do compare and contrast essay on Islam and another religion. Any religion that interests you.

I've been meaning to start writing too, but I seem to think my writing-style is not up to that level where I can fully get my point across to the targeted audience.

There are also other good topics.

If you are interested in History, then perhaps you can compare the similarities between the sahabas times and modern times and advise people how they can improve their lives.

Etiquettes of eating, sleeping, talking etc etc. Could be very useful for people and most are interesting too if the essay is original.

Misconceptions of Jihad is also another controversial topic.

Hijab (although a popular topic) can be interesting if expressed through analogies.

yeh i do agree with bro noodles
it will be a good idea if you compare and contrast on certain things.

You can talk about the things that are prohibited in Islam and why.....For example alcohol it brings more health problems than good. (it has been proven by alcohol researchers that alcohol damages internal organs, such as the brain and the liver)

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/brain/a/aa000425.htm

Woodrow
04-15-2007, 03:44 AM
A good way to select a Topic is to first make a list of things in life that interest you. Keep it a short list. Only the first 10 things at the most that pop into your mind.

Now from that list selcet the ONE that you have the most knowledge about.

Now figure how to associate that with Islam, the process of making that association, will be your topic.

nurul3eyn
04-15-2007, 03:47 AM
Or

you can talk about women's liberation through Islam

You know how people believe that women are liberarted in the west
and the whole liberation movement began in the 20th century.

And actually in Islam the women liberation movement began 14centuries ago.

Awesome huh!
you probably know about this...but was just giving you a hint lol :)

You can write about that if you are interested
and i have some websites to help you
if you are interested inshallah.

~*~Serene~*~
04-15-2007, 10:23 AM
^ good one. Do you have any articles in mind?

I'm also working on an essay paper. I need it for a women studies Pop culture class. In class we focused on many things, such as th objectification of women in Western society and in the media. So i'd like to write paper on the hijab and it's liberation --->also connect it to popculture

Any ideas of thesis i should come up this? An argument?
I'll do the work of course. I just need to kick start in the right direction.

------
04-15-2007, 10:36 AM

The Hereafter? Types of Punishments in Hell and Types of Rewards in Heaven?

nurul3eyn
04-16-2007, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulekha
^ good one. Do you have any articles in mind?

I'm also working on an essay paper. I need it for a women studies Pop culture class. In class we focused on many things, such as th objectification of women in Western society and in the media. So i'd like to write paper on the hijab and it's liberation --->also connect it to popculture

Any ideas of thesis i should come up this? An argument?
I'll do the work of course. I just need to kick start in the right direction.
this is a cool website
hope it helps you inshallah :)

http://www.islamonline.com/cgi-bin/n...service_id=771

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.