/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are U allowed to show ur hair to a Non muslim woman.

AnonymousPoster
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Are U allowed to show ur hair to a Non muslim woman. please provide daleel

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Md Mashud
04-05-2007, 04:25 PM
I do believe that it is permissable. Correct me If im wrong.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Take to look at this link: http://www.islamqa.com/special/index...eng&subsite=16

Sister of Islam

akulion
04-05-2007, 04:37 PM
male ? or female?

muslim female to non-muslim female: allowed but disliked (esp nowadays due to homosexuality amongst females and also the unreliable character of man non muslim women who may disclose your appearance to other men etc)

muslim female to muslim female: allowed

Muslim male hair showing to muslim female: allowed by what is normal (hair on head)

Muslim male hair showing to non-Muslim female: allowed by what is normal (hair on head)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ummAbdillah
04-05-2007, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by akulion
male ? or female?

muslim female to non-muslim female: allowed but disliked (esp nowadays due to homosexuality amongst females and also the unreliable character of man non muslim women who may disclose your appearance to other men etc)

muslim female to muslim female: allowed

Muslim male hair showing to muslim female: allowed by what is normal (hair on head)

Muslim male hair showing to non-Muslim female: allowed by what is normal (hair on head)
:w:
jazakallah khair for the info brother

AnonymousPoster
04-05-2007, 06:20 PM
I dont know but i've learnt that i should be covering my hair from non muslims .. Im not sure thats why im asking I have other family that say its allowed to show ur hair. what i have heard is that muslim woman should cover to non muslim woman like a man how u cover up to him. Allahu a3alam
????

AhlaamBella
04-05-2007, 06:33 PM
I've heard both that you can and you can't. Can't because they might tell other men how you look. Allah knows best.

Umm Yoosuf
04-05-2007, 08:31 PM
:sl:

I hope this helps:

A Muslim woman uncovering her hair in front of non-Muslim women

Question: Is it allowed for a Muslim woman to uncover her hair in front of non-Muslim women, especially if she describes the Muslim women to her male non-Muslim relatives?

Response: This question revolves around a difference of opinion concerning the interpretation of the verse: {Tell the believing women to lower their gaze and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornments except that which is apparent and to draw their veils over necks and bosoms and not to reveal their adornments except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husband's sons, their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women or the (female) slaves, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex}, [an-Noor 31]. There is a difference of opinion concerning the referent of the pronoun in the phrase, {their women}. Some say that it refers to the class of women as a whole. Some say that it refers to the described women only, that is, the believing women. According to the first opinion, a woman may uncover her face and hands in front f a non-Muslim woman. According to the second opinion, a Muslim woman may not do so. I am more inclined to the first pinion and believe it is more likely to be correct. That is because then a woman is in the presence of a another woman, it makes no difference if that woman is a Muslim or not, as long as there is no kind of temptation involved. However, if one fears something of that nature, such as the woman describing the Muslim women to her male relatives, then one must avoid such a cause and then the woman should not uncover her face or any part of her body in front of such a woman. This is true regardless of whether that troublesome woman is a Muslim or a non-Muslim.

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen
Fataawa al-Mar.ah

http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/...0000206_21.htm

anonymous
04-07-2007, 10:41 PM

Im another Sister who wishes to find out but is also wondering wiv da same Q's so i thought i might aswell add on here...
I am askin coz I got ma sisters weddin comin up and the servers are sikhs (NON-MUSLIMS)!!!

However, looking at these statements above and others i have heard of makes me think yh it's acceptable however PLEASE READ BELOW &

PLZ GIV ME REPLIES wiv atleast some evidences!...
Jazakallahu Qairan!!!

As mostly overall said above with some daleels of fatwa's:
The following below make me & some ova sista's i know of think :?
1. What if the non-muslim likes our dressing & goes out telling her husband which is basically describing us?? --> any suggestion:?
2. What if those non-muslim like our dressing and follow it outside and that, will we not get punished 4 it and whoeva eva admires from them may want it to and also wish 2 weat the same.... so on and so on... Does dat not lead us to havin all dose ppl's sins as we started it???--> any suggestion:?
..) NOTE: Some more wondering Q's which i may post up on here!!!

Jazakallahu Qairan 4 ur time Reading & Insha'allah replying
Will b w8in 4 replies 2 show 2 our otha sisters :inshallah

:wasalamex

FBI
04-07-2007, 10:56 PM

Well I guess it's kool unless the women who your showing it two plays for the other team then I kind of guess it might be a problem, but that's just my oppion!

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 10:19 AM
.....The last mentioned view that a Muslim woman is absolutely obliged to cover her entire body except her face, hands, and feet in presence of non-Muslim women seems to be a little extreme. We find no evidence in the sources to support such a conclusion. There are numerous instances of non-Muslim women, from both Jewish and pagan backgrounds, visiting the wives of the Prophet (peace be upon him), as well as other Muslim women, and yet, there is no mention anywhere that the Prophet (peace be upon him) ever ordered them to observe special rules of covering in their presence. If it had been necessary for them to do so, it is most unlikely that the Prophet (peace be upon him) would have failed to mention it to them plainly and clearly.

Therefore, the view of Maliki and Hanbali schools on this issue seems to be more consistent with the evidences of the sources, as well as the general spirit of the Shari`ah.

Having said this, however, it must be stated clearly: All scholars agree that while normal laws apply in normal circumstances, where there is a suspicion of seduction or temptation or inclination towards vices either due to corruption of society or moral perversion, Muslim women are obliged to take all necessary precautions and thus cover appropriately in order to safeguard their honor, dignity and chastity.”
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...nline-English-

also any particular reason why non muslims (assuming it's men) will be serving the food?

anonymous
04-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Jazakallah 4 all ur info,
May Allah bless u all my bro's & sis's 2 support ur sis's in islam!
Jazakallah Qairan!

*love4isl@m*
04-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Thnx a lot my brothers & sisters 4 ur knowledge and guide 2 us!
May Allah grant us All Jannah Al-Firdaws! ---> AMEEEEEN!:)

anonymous
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Sisters & brothers,
1 thing i'd like 2 share wiv u which i was told:
U know my sisters & brothers, there is different opinions of Q's which is according to their madhabs or ikhtilaafaat between da madhabs! so...
I think and as far as i hav researched The confusion of dis Question mayb arising 4rm the ikhtilaafaat 4rm da Ulamaa!
Basically none of them are wrong (Allah A3lam) so i would suggest u follow da 1 dat u feel is right & suitable to u my sisters and not only dat but then think 2 ur self...
"wait a min...which 1 is more appropriate & where am I gonna open my scarf & do I trust da pple/know them???":statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.