/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Extremists Facing Asbos

England
04-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Extremists Facing Asbos

Religious extremists could be given Asbos under a new crackdown on those suspected of radicalising others.

They could be used for suspects police cannot charge with criminal offences.

Police are also calling on members of the public to use a hotline to tip them off about anyone they suspect of preaching hatred.

Attorney General Lord Goldsmith said he had been concerned for some time that not enough was being done to tackle the threat from extremist radicalisers.

"There is a small number of people that we are talking about but I don't think you can underestimate the influence that those people can have," he said.

Both police and the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) have set up new national teams to concentrate on the problem and work together more effectively.

The CPS has also drawn up new guidance for police and prosecutors outlining what charges are available under anti-terror and other laws to prevent people inciting hatred or violence.

But the guidance also deals with a range of "non-prosecution" options such as Asbos or powers to remove extremist material from the internet.

Lord Goldsmith insists they would not be used to curb freedom of expression.

"This is not about stopping preachers going to their Mosques, this is not about stopping people being able to express lawfully their opinions," he said.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...259244,00.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
England
04-05-2007, 09:12 PM
This is good news. Many times the police have arrested extremists but didn't have the power to charge them but placing ASBOs on them would give them all the power to arrest them.

azim
04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

If it wasn't dated as 10:20am, 5th April - the first thing I would have thought is april fools. Giving so called extremists asbos? I just cannot imagine a more useless way of dealing with the problem.

SirZubair
04-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Whats an Asbo? is it a magical trippin' candy of some sort?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uthman
04-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Anti-social behaviour order? I think that's what it is because some lad from my school got one.

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Asalaamu alaykum.

If it wasn't dated as 10:20am, 5th April - the first thing I would have thought is april fools. Giving so called extremists asbos? I just cannot imagine a more useless way of dealing with the problem.
How would you deal with the problem?

Trumble
04-05-2007, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Giving so called extremists asbos? I just cannot imagine a more useless way of dealing with the problem.
I agree.

Such people are either guilty of inciting religious hatred in which case they should be prosecuted, or they are guilty of nothing at all in which case they should be left alone. There can be no middle ground describable as "anti-social behavior" to which, I assume, an ASBO is supposed to relate.

wilberhum
04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I agree.

Such people are either guilty of inciting religious hatred in which case they should be prosecuted, or they are guilty of nothing at all in which case they should be left alone. There can be no middle ground describable as "anti-social behavior" to which, I assume, an ASBO is supposed to relate.
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASBO
I think it should be a crime. I wish us yanks had something like this.
But then you Britts are always a jump ahead of us in this area.

England
04-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I think the ASBO is great. Anyone that preaches hatred or anti-Britain should be executed for treason. But the courts will let them get away with some speeches as it isn't chargeable so the police have taken it in their own hands. They have given them Anti-Social Behaviour Orders and if they continue they can be arrested and sent to prison for, I think, 6 months.

Sabbir_1
04-05-2007, 10:14 PM
The BNP are the ones who need ASBO.

England
04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
My mistake. They can be imprisoned for upto 5 years if they continue :)

Trumble
04-05-2007, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
I Anyone that preaches hatred or anti-Britain should be executed for treason.
So who gets to decide whether a individual is "preaching hatred or anti-Britain", or merely exercising their right of free speech? And why might they decide it? If you really need an example of that line of thought in action think 'Robert Mugabe'.

Keltoi
04-06-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure about this idea. I understand that inciting violence and hatred should be stopped, but who decides what speech crosses the line? I'm sure the idea comes from a honest point of view, but these kinds of laws are way too easy to manipulate for various reasons. Perhaps it is a good idea, but I'm just uncomfortable with anything that involves curbing free-speech, and I'm not a flaming liberal either.

Khan-Ghalgha
04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Man, this dude on the photo is like a perfect boogeyman, I think new age children scary stories should go like this: Once upon a time, there was a horrible monster(extrimist muslim) terrorist with one eye and hook instead of a hand. He was planning to bomb the Kingdom, but the king have summoned his best knights(anti-terrorist squad) and they caught him and put him in jail and Kingdom was safe for now, but there were many other monsters(potential muslim terrorists) who should be caught and king made a law... and so on

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 11:57 AM
*sighs* whatever happened to freedom of speech? People are way too over sensitive

Cognescenti
04-06-2007, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khan-Ghalgha
Man, this dude on the photo is like a perfect boogeyman, I think new age children scary stories should go like this: Once upon a time, there was a horrible monster(extrimist muslim) terrorist with one eye and hook instead of a hand. He was planning to bomb the Kingdom, but the king have summoned his best knights(anti-terrorist squad) and they caught him and put him in jail and Kingdom was safe for now, but there were many other monsters(potential muslim terrorists) who should be caught and king made a law... and so on
That is quite good.

Can we hear the chapter about when the undergound carriages were blown up? Please.

S_87
04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
:sl:

so called extremists? there are real extremists within the ummah!

AhlaamBella
04-06-2007, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

so called extremists? there are real extremists within the ummah!
sis amani, may I ask, what is your understanding of an 'extremist'?

Muezzin
04-07-2007, 12:51 PM
If they're habitually causing grief for their neighbours or the neighbourhood, slap an ASBO on 'em whatever race, religion or sexual orientation they are. That's what ASBOs are for.

Whether they work is a whole other debate, what with chavs boasting about them like status symbols...

Cognescenti
04-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Guys:

I don't think most Americans know what an ASBO is.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by achnod
I don't have a clue.
Anti Social Behaviour Orders..(ASBO)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-so...ehaviour_order

Take to look at this link..it is meaning of ASBO

:w:

S_87
04-07-2007, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
sis amani, may I ask, what is your understanding of an 'extremist'?

a person whos extreme in religion.
a person who doesnt think twice of killing innocent people.
as stated by Muhammed :arabic5:
Beware of Excessiveness. the former nations were destroyed because of their excessiveness in religion.
Ahmed

FBI
04-07-2007, 04:08 PM

why r people backbiting here their follow muslim brother, lets not take the moral high ground and completly disregard what islam says on backbiting

AhlaamBella
04-07-2007, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

a person whos extreme in religion.
a person who doesnt think twice of killing innocent people.
These people don't kill because of extreme in religion. They kill because they believe it's right. Others kill for the heck of it.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2007, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

why r people backbiting here their follow muslim brother, lets not take the moral high ground and completly disregard what islam says on backbiting
Who have done this? :?

S_87
04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
These people don't kill because of extreme in religion. They kill because they believe it's right. Others kill for the heck of it.

the man who killed Ali Radhiallahu anhu also believed he was doing right :)
and what was he? an extremist- kharij...
and today they STILL exist. and they beleive they are doing right.
check this out
http://www.islamicboard.com/sects-di...-qataadah.html

FBI
04-07-2007, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
Who have done this? :?

read through page one

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2007, 04:24 PM
read through page one
It mean some of them who have done backbitted on Azim?? If it is, Allah Ta'ala forbids!

May Allah Ta'ala protect us from the whispered of Shaytan!

wilberhum
04-07-2007, 05:49 PM

Evil flourishes where good men are silent.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.