/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you know all about Somatization Disorder?

جوري
04-06-2007, 12:19 AM
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000955.htm

Just thought this would be an interesting read.... :-[

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohammed farah
04-07-2007, 01:33 PM
No! this is the first I have heard of it!

strider
04-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I didn't either.

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2007, 02:14 PM
:sl:

I haven't heard of it before..:-[

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
04-07-2007, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
:sl:

I haven't heard of it before..:-[

I guess it is nothing for you or anybody else to be embarrassed about. There are many medical complaints that the average person on the street would never have heard of unless they or somebody they knew happened to be inflicted with it.

Muezzin
04-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Ah, so it has nothing to do with the drug Soma as in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'.

جوري
04-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Actually this medical complaint can go well undiagnosed for decades -- as it is a diagnosis of exclusion.
I am not suggesting anyone goes to their friend or family member.. with a check list--you have two gastrointestinal problem, one neurological and another of a different nature and therefore you must be suffering from somatization disorder.

But it can be quite debilitating when one is dependent on pain killers and has a poor rapport with their health care provider and lives like that for years just thinking they have a terminal illness that has gone undiagnosed.

So you are absolutely right-- there is nothing to be embarrassed about, you didn't know this-- but now you do..... And when you meet with a friend or a loved one that seems to have many complaints that have gone on for years, yet there is nothing organically wrong with them... you might suggest that the problem is psychiatric in nature rather than a pathophysiological one... And that they should seek a different kind of health care provider....

peace dear bros. and sisters.

wassaalaam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2007, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Actually this medical complaint can go well undiagnosed for decades -- as it is a diagnosis of exclusion.
I am not suggesting anyone goes to their friend or family member.. with a check list--you have two gastrointestinal problem, one neurological and another of a different nature and therefore you must be suffering from somatization disorder.

But it can be quite debilitating when one is dependent on pain killers and has a poor rapport with their health care provider and lives like that for years just thinking they have a terminal illness that has gone undiagnosed.

So you are absolutely right-- there is nothing to be embarrassed about, you didn't know this-- but now you do..... And when you meet with a friend or a loved one that seems to have many complaints that have gone on for years, yet there is nothing organically wrong with them... you might suggest that the problem is psychiatric in nature rather than a pathophysiological one... And that they should seek a different kind of health care provider....

peace dear bros. and sisters.

wassaalaam

JakahAllah Khair for interesting new thing and increase our knowledge!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.