/* */

PDA

View Full Version : are there any secondary school teachers here?

noahs_arc
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
:sl:

i am very confused with what to with my life. i want to teach and right now am on a primary teaching degree course. however i was just wondering if there are any secondary teachers here who can shed some ligth on what kind of qualifications i would need to teach a secondary school subject.

thankyou :w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
04-06-2007, 07:29 PM
salaam
I would like to become a teacher as well, unfortunaly i have a long
way to go :(.
what do you like about the career sis? :)
wa salaam

SUMMAYAH
04-06-2007, 08:36 PM
ZAYD is a secondary school teacher...........but don't PM him! (...and I mean that!)
just ask him on here the next time he's online.........

chacha_jalebi
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
from what ive heard you jus need a degree and pgce oooo yeh:shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Helena
04-06-2007, 09:44 PM
well to become a secondary teacher...u will be teaching in a specific subject rite?

which sunject interests you? and do u have enough knowledge and qualification in that area?

because my friend currently is taking biology as her degree and has applied for PGCE...one year course...and will be teaching science in secondary school or sixth form...in biology or 3subjects....

czgibson
04-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Greetings,

I teach English at a secondary school.

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
from what ive heard you jus need a degree and pgce oooo yeh:shade:
That's right.

One alternative to PGCE you might want to think about is the Graduate Teacher Programme. There is more training on the job and less essay writing involved.

Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.