/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it so hard to do?!?!?!

------
04-06-2007, 08:16 PM
:salamext:

What I do not understand, is why some Muslims say, "We read Jummah prayer, that's enough, We'll go to heaven in the end anyway!" :skeleton:

Wallâhi I can't even understand how or why they think like that, when they know that the first thing they will be judged of on judgement day is Salâh (Prayer), and if they fail that then they will go to hell... :phew

What are your views on this, brothers and sisters, and how do we give dawah or advice to such people?

Please share. Jazak Allâh Khayr.

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
04-06-2007, 08:21 PM
salaam
What I do not understand, is why some Muslims say, "We read Jummah prayer, that's enough, We'll go to heaven in the end anyway!"
I have'nt heard muslims i know say this alahamdulilah, but subhanallah Muslims need to know that Islam does not issuse Jannah tickits. Jannah is earned through good actions! :)
wa salaam

strider
04-06-2007, 08:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

What I do not understand, is why some Muslims say, "We read Jummah prayer, that's enough, We'll go to heaven in the end anyway!" :skeleton:

Wallâhi I can't even understand how or why they think like that, when they know that the first thing they will be judged of on judgement day is Salâh (Prayer), and if they fail that then they will go to hell... :phew

What are your views on this, brothers and sisters, and how do we give dawah or advice to such people?

Sounds very much like complacency. It is common knowledge that only believers will be entered into Jannah. Even the worst sinner who is a believer will inshaAllah be entered into Jannah after being reprimanded for his/her sins. But who wants to enter hell, even if it is for a second?

siFilam
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Its sad sisters, May Allah forgive us. Ameen. I know Muslims who hope to go to Jannah yet they don't pray. When I advised them to pray they said Allah is Merciful. We need to have balance of both hope and fear. Hope that Allah will have Mercy on us and that He will save us from His punishment. Our actions are the not the means of entering Jannah, only the Mercy of Allah, 'Az wa Jal. Fear to keep us away from sining and constantly repenting.

This is a good article regarding this topic:
Love, Fear and Hope
From 'ad-Da'wah illallaah'
http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/purification/0051.htm

May Allah forgive our sins and shortcomings and grant us His Mercy. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
04-06-2007, 09:23 PM
salaam

lol der r few ppl that go 2 jummah salaah and dont pray any ova salaah, but 1st we sudnt judge them, we got talk to them on a level:D

the best dawah ya can giv to someone who dont pray is tel them the hadiths in which RasoolAllah (saw) says " the difference between muslims and kuffar, is our performing of salaah"

u can say that if they not doin all salaah, they wil b included in kuffar accordin to that hadiths:D that sud propa effect them

and remem sis we can warn, but only Allah can guide em

------
06-12-2007, 12:03 PM

Yeh tru that....we can only do our part about warning them.

F.Y.
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Its sooo hard. I agree. Actions speak louder than words - if they see you doing it - inshallah they will get hidaayah too. If we are in their face about it (and it easily becomes this way because we are so emotional and WANT THEM TO CHANGE NOW NOW NOW!) they will just get cheesed off. Who wants someone ordering them around or telling them what they should be doing? They probably get enough of that at home or from others.

Its hard - but its important to be patient and give them time. If you talk about the beauty of Allah and his deen too, without getting all hyped, that should set them thinking. Make dua for them - get up at Tahajjud. Invite them to pray with you. When they do pray - make a big deal of it between the two of you "Wow! Thats great - you'll see how it'll change your whole being man!"
Thats what i think.

More suggestions would be great!
Peace

Malaikah
06-12-2007, 12:18 PM
:sl:

I think the reason might be that they have affirmed the truth with their tongue but they have not felt it with their heart. If the iman has not reached their heart, how can they fear? I think it just hasn't hit them that it is reality... they need something to really make it hit home.

Tell them if they can stand thousands, perhaps millions of years in the fires of hell? They can't even stand to be burned on a small patch of skin with a cigarette, so how can they stand hell for even a second?

The problem with these kind of people is that they are too obsessed with the materialist life of this wold, perhaps they don't have enough knowledge about Islam, or they Islam as being so many 'harams' that they feel they would never be able to be a good Muslim even if they tried because it will make life 'boring'...

Everyone is different, we should approach them with kindness and reminders, but with sternness too... depending on the person. And of course, time and patience and prayer to Allah!

F.Y.
06-12-2007, 12:25 PM
How do we actually show them that Islam is not just a bunch of harams?

Malaikah
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM

Well it is hard, because from their perspcective, they won't understand that a life with out girls/guys/music/movies/tv etc can be fun... it is something they have to experience for themselves to understand it...

And I guess you can tell them, okay, look, when Allah makes smething haram, He makes other things halal, so He made zina haram but He made marriage halal... etc

I guess it is different from person to person, but you have to take them through it slowly slowly... like maybe first give them a nice Islamic book about something that doesn't tell them 65% of their life style is major haram... maybe go for a book that shows how to develop a good Muslim character, one of those lovey dovey type things, you know lol. The stories of the Prophets is a great place to start...

Get them interested, get them hooked... look at the bigger issues, don't start talking to them about hijab or something if they don't even pray... you gotta work up to it, let them feel the love for Allah and Islam and eventually they will work up the guts to start reading about halal and haram and start taking their own slow steps to getting away from haram and closer to halal...

It won't be the same for every person though...

- Qatada -
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM

The tactic that that i see is the Makkan and Madani period technique, the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) taught them how to love Allaah, His Messenger, the truthfulness of the hereafter, judgement day, paradise, hellfire, within Makkah, it made them love the deen and get attatched. It changed their inside - softened their heart, and once they were firm on the deen and whole heartedly into it - the major commandments of the halaals/haraams came within the Medinan Period.

So using wisdom, we gota make them love Islaam. Most think it's just a basic set of rules, but in reality these are a blessing. So we give them heart-softeners first, we explain to them the reality of Islaam and gradually help them make salaah. Once they become used to this, then they are prepared to change their lifestyle.

Ask any person who's become practising whole-heartedly, and you'll realise they went through a gradual process. I.e. if you go upto someone and say "THAT'S HARAAM, YOU FAASIQ/SINNER!" they going to distance themselves from you right?

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh*hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

[Qur'an 3: 159]

Don't you know that the majority of the Jews obeyed Allaah out of excessive fear? The christians became misguided and had excessive hope and love to the effect they turned away from their book? But the Muslims are in between - hope, fear, love which is balanced. We are the balanced ummah.

So use your wisdom. Treat these brothers and sisters like new reverts, teach them the basics because many don't know them. They have questions but they think they're not allowed to ask.

Instill the love of Allaah, His Messenger and show them you care, and that's why you don't want them to do wrong - because sinful acts are forbidden so they don't harm us. Show them the harms of that bad and the benefits of the good, and be patient with them.. sometimes you need to be gradual and patient, because they may be changing inside, they just waiting for the right time to change. If they jump into it in one go - then they likely to jump out the exact same way. But if they enter gradually, then they are likely to remain firm on it and change aspects of themselves gradually so they don't overburden themselves.

I had a friend in high school who never knew how to pray, atleast i think he never. What used to happen is that when we prayed Jummuah, he used to just do the movements without saying the words i think. The mates would laugh at him for not knowing how to pray - would that bring him closer to Allaah? No.

When we went college, we had many friends who had started practising Islaam. He started joining in because he felt the odd one out. He would be taught in kindness, because we want to bring him closer to Islaam - not distance him. So why embarrass him if our main intention is to draw him closer to Allaah? Rather we make him comfortable with us so if he is unsure of anything - he can ask and we can tell him that it's nothing embarrassing, and he will feel happy that he has mates who care.

The Messenger of Allaah treated the people with honor, even if someone was a high class or low class person - so the man would feel proud of being muslim and getting that respect. That's what you want to give other people. Don't feel your better than this person, because it might be that you die in an evil state (we seek refuge in Allaah), and it might be that this person dies in the state of Islaam. So always be humble yet honorable;
And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

[Qur'an 25:63.]

16:125 Call unto the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching and reason with them in the best manner. Verily your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path and and best knows He as to who are the rightly-guided.

41:34 The good deed and the evil deed cannot be not equal. Return an evil deed with one that is good. Then he between whom and thyself was mutual enmity shall become as though he were an intimate friend.

And Allaah knows best.

Musalmaan
06-12-2007, 01:13 PM
:sl: well bro fi sabilillaah :) has put some really beautiful quotes to it.

i think after observing others (as well as myself) that it is not just a matter of knowing too much haraam stuffs in deen. Once imaan enters in heart then these haraam acts do not really become a big deal, rather become a way through which a slave of Allah knows knows how to please Allah through it.

I've seen ppl. coming to the way of Allah by knowing the rewards for amaal (actions), i have seen ppl. coming to the way of Allah by really getting fear of death and hell etc, but i cldn't see them persistence in the way of Allah,
only those who truly start in this way after believing firmly as Allah as His True ord and carries out act by having love and strong relationship with Him (imaan), then i see them not just following the way, but also preaching other to this wonderful way. they always feeling of ALlah's presence every time.

Its all about imaan entering into the heart, and it is by Allah.

...(to b continued)

------
06-12-2007, 01:27 PM

Some good advice coming....

One question though...can women give info about Islam to men? (women and men are Muslim)

F.Y.
06-13-2007, 01:38 AM
One very good thing i learned is that harshness or sternness is really not the way to go.

For example some people wake others up for Fajr like this:yelling, "You lazy little thing! Get up before I bring a jug of water and splash it all over you, and put the light on and drag your bedcovers from you!"

Or you can go, "Oh Saabir! (patient one!), wake up for fajr" - in a calm, soothing, nice voice. If you compliment them like this "oh saabir" - that person may come to think they really are patient, and might make more of an effort to wake up.

Bro Fi - what are some ways we can help others to love Allah and Islam like you said? Some friends we may have -we might not see everyday and that makes it a bit harder. But what sorts of things do you think we could do that would show others the beauty of Islam and Allah?

Peace

Malaikah
06-13-2007, 02:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
For example some people wake others up for Fajr like this:yelling, "You lazy little thing! Get up before I bring a jug of water and splash it all over you, and put the light on and drag your bedcovers from you!"

Jug? Don't you take out the garden hose?

lol kidding, but that is really a good point!

------
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM

Erm can anyone answer my question?

one question though...can women give info about Islam to men? (women and men are Muslim)

skhalid
06-13-2007, 12:09 PM
the 5 pillars of Islam..........nearly all have to be fulfilled to enter Jannah....one exception is HIjj because not all can afford it and some die before they get the chance, but Shahada,Salah,Saum,Zakaa are essential.
Also other aspects like beleiving in Allah,his angels,the holy book (Qur'an) and knowing that all bad and good cannot occur without Allah's agreement?!(not sure if its an approprite word to use but oh well) and many more due to our actions so they can take that back! P.S. Being muslim is one aspect which gives a chance of entering Jannah)

- Qatada -
06-13-2007, 02:09 PM

Some good advice coming....

One question though...can women give info about Islam to men? (women and men are Muslim)

Try checking this fatwa insha Allaah:

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=13791&ln=eng&txt=

I don't know if it applies though since the situation is different with youths. Allaahu a'lam.

- Qatada -
06-13-2007, 02:51 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y
what are some ways we can help others to love Allah and Islam like you said? Some friends we may have -we might not see everyday and that makes it a bit harder. But what sorts of things do you think we could do that would show others the beauty of Islam and Allah?

It depends on how much knowledge your friends already have, if your friends are just normal people who have heard alot of things from their parents, but never really known the concept of what Islaam really is (from authentic sources.)

I.e. before i looked into Islaam properly, i never even had access to what the Qur'an meant, and when i did - i still never knew what it totally meant because i never knew the biography of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.) I remember i saw Surah Ar-Rum (The Romans) and i was amazed at the surah title, but when i looked into it there wasn't really much about the Romans. Which got me abit confused.

So what i would do first is mention abit of facts (from Authentic Sources; Qur'an/Sunnah) on Islaam to my mates every now and then which make them think differently from another angle. For example, if they get hurt - then i could try to tell them that this is a Mercy from Allaah because there is a hadith in Sahih Al Bukhari that;

Whatever befalls a Muslim of sorrow, grief, exhaustion, fatigue or harm, Allah will forgive him his sins for that. This is true even for a thorn that penetrates his foot.” (Bukhari & Muslim)
If they still are effected by the fact of good/bad deeds, then this may effect them in a positive way insha Allaah and make them draw abit closer to Allaah's Mercy.

Now again, it depends on your friend - if he/she has that little bit of pride in the fact that they're muslim and have that innocence, and they still recognise the concept of good/bad deeds - then continue in giving them small tips which will make them think about life from different angles.

Continue giving them amazing facts, narrate to them stories which you may have heard i.e. shocking stories of death, good/bad endings, and info like that because this makes them think about death more often, which makes them strive to be more prepared and willing to change themselves.

For example i posted in another thread;

There was a lecture i heard last year, and in this lecture the brother discussed good and bad endings of people.

There was a man who was waiting to go on a date with his girlfriend, i think he was muslim. He was waiting for her somewhere, but for some reason - she was taking a really long time. He was so desperate to meet her, why was she taking so long? After a while, she came. He was WELL HAPPY! He got so happy, he fell down and.. prostrated to her. What? Yeah, he did that.. but guess what? He never got up after that again. He died in that state. May Allaah protect us. You know what's shocking? We will be raised on the day of judgement on the last position we were in.

Here's a good one though.

There was a woman who was getting prepared on her wedding day. The people were putting her makeup on her, her gel and all that women wear on one of their most special days of their life. She finds out its maghrib salaah (prayer.)

"I need to do my wudhu.."

"You've got your makeup on now, you can't do that now.."

"I have to pray salaah!"

She got up and ran to do her wudhu. She washed off her gel, her makeup. Starts praying maghrib salaah.

What's the last thing she does?

She moves her head to the side to finish her prayer; "Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulah..." the angel takes away her soul.. thats the last words that come out from her mouth..

Or even the story of Burseesah which is so shocking subhan Allaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...e-do-read.html

People like stories. So small stories and ahadith related to daily life have a great impact on that person, if they face a similar situation again - they think differently, and therefore react differently, maybe in a way which they will strive to draw closer to Allaah?

You can also narrate to them ahadith on hellfire and paradise and their reality (i.e. if Allaah created this world mixed with good/bad - it's easy and logical for Him to create a world with pure good, and pure evil in the hereafter etc) from authentic sources, and the person will be amazed. Why? Because they are recieving info from authentic sources, and you have to tell them that you are getting it from real ahadith to make them more amazed (instead of them thinking its tales from your parents or something.)

Once you show them amazing stories of great figures in our Islamic history and what they went through, they realise one time or another that the heroes of today aren't really heroes at all.. infact their just a delusion. It makes the person realise that they have to change themselves, narrate to them ahadith i.e. Allaah loves a good deed, even if it's small, so long as it's continuous.

So this person might strive on changing his/herself gradually, even if it's small aspects in their life. And then if you show them that you're teaching them in kindness, if they are ever wanting to ask a question - you can show them that you're willing to answer them with open arms, so they won't feel embarrassed.

Infact, this is something that's missing in society today - lack of trust and comfort, everyone thinks that being harsh is kool, and you have to show them that i'm ready to hear you out, and if you're ever afraid, i want to help. This will lead to them asking questions and trusting you, and if you don't know the answer - tell them you will look for it (which is a positive thing because they will realise you don't make anything up, but you are serious, and wanting to find answers from trustworthy sources. Then you can even ask here on the forums.)

Now you might not be able to change them totally, however you have given them a safety net, so even if they do fall - they have Islaam - a secure bed to fall onto. With their questions answered, and all they need to do now is walk forward. You pray to Allaah to guide them, and the best way for someone to be practising is to have muslim friends which they can always return back to, to express themselves, and to clear up any doubts are confusion they may have.

So the more contact, the better. Like i stated earlier, the time when my mate started praying Salaah more was when all the other mates did, and he felt that he HAD to and if he never - he would be the odd one out. Which encouraged him in the good.

Going all the way back to the Surah Rum issue, i only truelly understood the concept of what the Qur'an was when i understood the life of Allaah's Messenger (peace be upon him.) So you should explain that, and how revelation came down gradually in different situations, the authenticity of the Sunnah and how it's not just 'fairy tales' but based on authentic sciences etc. How Islaam was dominant and the superpower in the world for centuries, uptill the 1800's (something which the west tries to hide alot out of pride.)

You make them feel proud of being a muslim, and explaining the great benefits which come through it, how Allaah gives an easier life to those who believe, the concept of giving up something for the sake of Allaah, and Allaah replacing you with something better. The concept of Allaah never overburdening a soul with what it can't bear. Doing something for the sake of the creation at the expense of Allaah's wrath would mean that this creation would in the future turn against you also and criticise you, whereas Allaah is sufficient for you and has a great reward in store for the believers etc.

If you are able to mould them into understanding how Islaam is superior, and how falsehood will die and perish - then they'll realise that what they're upon isn't really something to strive for. Infact it's their loss, and if they strived for Allaah, it would make them winners in this life and the hereafter.

And Allaah knows best.

If you still have more questions, or unsure of what i said - please do ask.

Musalmaan
06-14-2007, 10:52 AM

Erm can anyone answer my question?

one question though...can women give info about Islam to men? (women and men are Muslim)
yes, they can if needed.

In the social life women participated in calling for good things, ordering that good deeds be done and forbidding bad deeds as Allah Almighty says:

The Believers, men and women, are protectors, one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His Mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise. (At-Tawbah:71)

Musalmaan
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musalmaan
yes, they can if needed.

In the social life women participated in calling for good things, ordering that good deeds be done and forbidding bad deeds as Allah Almighty says:

The Believers, men and women, are protectors, one of another: they enjoin what is just, and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His Mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise. (At-Tawbah:71)

There are special injunctions regarding women, and the mixing of men and women, that must be observed in any da'wah activity and under any circumstances:

a) Proper hijab between men and women must be observed at all times.
b) Women cannot travel without a male companion who is her mahram.
c) Women cannot intermix freely with men who are not directly related to her.
d) Women cannot exit from their homes except by permission of those who are in charge of them and care for them, i.e. their husbands or fathers.

A very good article onto the question that has been asked

http://www.themodernreligion.com/women/women-dawah.html

------
06-14-2007, 03:41 PM

Yeh but then get the police on you :-\

Yanal
06-28-2007, 11:39 PM

Asalam alkum tomorrow is the first day of my summer holidays and yet i pray sometimes but not regurly can someone give me how t od owadu and what si the minumun rakat in every prayer i have not been praying please help me and pray for me

Yanal
06-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Found this article but i need the answers of my question
Question:
What is the Importance of Prayer ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

The importance of the prayer in Islam cannot be understated. It is the first pillar of Islam that the Prophet (peace be upon him) mentioned after mentioning the testimony of faith, by which one becomes a Muslim. It was made obligatory upon all the prophets and for all peoples. Allah has declared its obligatory status under majestic circumstances. For example, when Allah spoke directly to Moses, He said,

"And I have chosen you, so listen to that which is inspired to you. Verily, I am Allah! There is none worthy of worship but I, so worship Me and offer prayer perfectly for My remembrance." [Taha 13-14]

Similarly, the prayers were made obligatory upon the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) during his ascension to heaven. Furthermore, when Allah praises the believers, such as in the beginning of surah al-Muminoon, one of the first descriptions He states is their adherence to the prayers.

Once a man asked the Prohpet (peace be upon him) about the most virtuous deed. The Prophet (peace be upon him) stated that the most virtuous deed is the prayer. The man asked again and again. The first three times, the Prophet (peace be upon him) again answered, "The prayer," then on the fourth occasion he stated, "Jihad in the way of Allah." [This is form a hadith recorded by Ahmad and ibn Hibban. According to al-Albani, the hadith is hasan. Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani, Sahih al-Targheeb wa al-Tarheeb (Beirut: al-Maktab al-Islami, 1982), vol. 1, p. 150]

The importance of prayer is demonstrated in the many of the Prophet’s statement. For example, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"The first matter that the slave will be brought to account for on the Day of Judgment is the prayer. If it is sound, then the rest of his deeds will be sound. And if it is bad, then the rest of his deeds will be bad." [Recorded by al-Tabarani. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol.1, p. 503.

The importance of the prayers lies in the fact that no matter what actions one performs in his life, the msot important aspect is one’s relationship to Allah, that is, one’s faith (imaan), God-consciousness (taqwa), sincerity (ikhlas) and worship of Allah (`ibaadah). This relationship with Allah is both demonstrated and put into practice, as well as improved and increased, by the prayer. Therefore, if the prayers are sound and proper, the rest of the deeds will be sound and proper; and if the prayers are not sound and proper, then the rest of the deeds will not be sound and proper, as the Prophet (peace be upon him) himself stated.

In reality, the prayer is performed properly – with true remembrance of Allah and turning to Him for forgiveness – it will have a lasting effect on the person. After he finishes the prayer, his heart will be filled with the remembrance of Allah. He will be fearful as well as hopeful of Allah. After that experience, he will not want to move from that lofty position to one wherein he disobeys Allah. Allah has mentioned this aspect of the prayer when He has said,

"Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds" (al-Ankaboot 45). Nadwi has described this effect in the following eloquent way,

Its aim is to generate within the subliminal self of man such spiritual power, light of faith and awareness of God as can enable him to strive successfully against all kinds of evils and temptations and remain steadfast at times of trial and adversity and protect himself against the weakness of the flesh and the mischief of immoderate appetites. [Nadwi, p. 24]

The overall affect that the properly performed prayers should have upon humans is described in other verses in the Quran:

"Verily, man was created impatient, irritable when evil touches him and niggardly when good touches him. Except for those devoted to prayer those who remain constant in their prayers…" (al-Maarij 19-23).

As for the Hereafter, Allah’s forgiveness and pleasure is closely related to the prayers. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,

"Allah has obligated five prayers. Whoever excellently performs their ablutions, prays them in their proper times, completes their bows, prostrations and khushu` [Khushu` in the prayer is where the person’s heart is attuned to the prayer. This feeling in the heart is then reflected on the body. The person remains still and calm. His gaze is also lowered. Even his voice is affected by this feeling in the heart. For more details on this concept (as well as the difference between it and khudhu`), see Muhammad al-Shaayi, al-Furooq al-Laughawiyyah wa Atharahaa fi Tafseer al-Quran al-Kareem (Riyadh: Maktabah al-Ubaikaan, 1993), pp. 249-254.] has a promise from Allah that He will forgive him. And whoever does not do that has no promise from Allah. He may either forgive him or punish him." [Recorded by Malik, Ahmad, Abu Dawud, al-Nasa’I and others. According to al-Albani, it is sahih. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 1, p. 616.] ]

The prayers are a type of purification for a human being. He turns and meets with his Lord five times a day. As alluded to above, this repeated standing in front of Allah should keep the person from performing sins during the day. Furthermore, it should also be a time of remorse and repentance, such that he earnestly asks Allah for forgiveness for those sins that he committed. In addition, the prayer in itself is a good deed that wipes away some of the evil deeds that he performed. These points can be noted in the following hadith of the Prophet (peace be upon him):

"If a person had a stream outside his door and he bathed in it five times a day, do you think he would have any filth left on him?" The people said, "No filth would remain on him whatsoever." The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said, "That is like the five daily prayers: Allah wipes away the sins by them." (Recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)

In another hadith, the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,

"The five daily prayers and the Friday Prayer until the Friday prayer are expiation for what is between them." (Recorded by Muslim.)

Jamaal al-Din Zarabozo

------
01-24-2008, 04:49 PM

*BUMP

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.