/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What if you are all wrong?

Sinbad
04-06-2007, 09:32 PM
My good muslims, this queston might be offencive to some of you. So if you are easily offended please dont read this.

We have the universe of billions and billions of galaxies. And in each galaxy we have billions of billions solar systems. One of these solar systems have a life form, that life form is called humans. They are the only reason the entire universe exist, the universe was created to host these people.

And in their world they have an old book that explains it all. And tells them that the universe is only temporary after death they will go to a big garden i another world.

This is pretty much islam what if youre wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
04-06-2007, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sinbad
Nothing. We die as good-hearted, honest and honorable people (well that is the aim at least, though I do admit that many of us, myself included, have a long way to go).

:)

p.s; That is a very big if

barney
04-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Why have a whacking great universe just to house us?

Thats totally nuts. There is surely a few billion other life supporting planets.

siFilam
04-06-2007, 09:39 PM
My good muslims, this queston might be offencive to some of you. So if you are easily offended please dont read this.

We have the universe of billions and billions of galaxies. And in each galaxy we have billions of billions solar systems. One of these solar systems have a life form, that life form is called humans. They are the only reason the entire universe exist, the universe was created to host these people.

And in their world they have an old book that explains it all. And tells them that the universe is only temporary after death they will go to a big garden i another world.

can't be wrong, this is the difference between belief and disbelief. then there is degrees or levels of faith. I am certain I'm not wrong. May Allah increase our Imaan and give us steadfastness. Ameen.

-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by barney

Thats totally nuts. There is surely a few billion other life supporting planets.
I do not have the answer, but I know of one who does. [Hint: Gee Oh Dee]

:D

strider
04-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I second what bro aamirsaab said.

noodles
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM

So we can watch stars all day and predict the weather.

And so we can send rockets into space and spend our time trying to figure out if some life exists beyond our Solar system.

Note: You may take it from a humorous POV or a really serious one. :statisfie

Sinbad
04-06-2007, 10:02 PM

There is life in other planets its been proven, but its nothins special bacteria from mars et c. Intelligent life i dont belive in. Maybe small mamal type of animals in another galaxy.

But thats not important. Why of all reasons there might be makes islam right? No really all the planets out there, why should the second largest religion on planet earth, a little unsignificant planet on the outskirts of a small galaxy called the milky way have the answer?

snakelegs
04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
i'm curious - why do you ask - are you right?

barney
04-06-2007, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
can't be wrong, this is the difference between belief and disbelief. -
Without getting into a long debate, I'd just point out that faith isnt knowlage. It's Faith.

I have Faith in my car starting tommorow, But I might be wrong. It sounded a little ropey today. I'll find out in the morning.

Talha777
04-06-2007, 10:25 PM
And among His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth
(30:22)

The seemingly incomprehensible vastness of the cosmos is a testament to the Power of Allah Taala. We humans and our planet are just an insignificant speck in the grand scheme of things which Allah Taala has created and designed. People may ask why would Allah go through all the trouble to create so many galaxies, planets, and solar systems if we are the only ones who have life and intelligence. I always answer "What trouble?".

But if you think about the Earth, it has been positioned in so precisely, that if it were a little closer to the sun we would all burn, and if it was a little farther we would all freeze. The design of Allah Taala is so precise so as to sustain life on this planet. All of these things are signs of His Power and His existence.

wilberhum
04-06-2007, 10:27 PM
There is life in other planets its been proven,
I don't think you understood what was found?
See my signature.

siFilam
04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Without getting into a long debate, I'd just point out that faith isnt knowlage. It's Faith.

I have Faith in my car starting tommorow, But I might be wrong. It sounded a little ropey today. I'll find out in the morning.
you can't have faith without knowledge. If I didn't know Allah, His Qualities, His Beautiful Names, His Attributes, His Messengers and His Books then I couldn't have believe therefore I would be faithless. Don't separate the two. car and God are two different subjects. that was a bad example.

And Allah knows best.
-SI-

barney
04-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Sure it's no trouble. But It's a bit pointless.

If you wanted to paint your house theres no need to paint the whole city as well.

We could bumble along on a 15000 mile circumfrance sphere heated by one star and be just as happy.

barney
04-06-2007, 10:34 PM
you can't have faith without knowledge. If I didn't know Allah, His Qualities, His Beautiful Names, His Attributes, His Messengers and His Books then I couldn't have believe therefore I would be faithless. Don't separate the two. car and God are two different subjects. that was a bad example.

And Allah knows best.
-SI-
Well as i say, I'm not going to go into depth, but you dont actually know Allah. Nobody does except Allah. You have a faith built upon your readings and have chosen to beleive.
Faith is different from Beleif, But neither has anything to do with Knowlage.

Talha777
04-06-2007, 10:34 PM

If you wanted to paint your house theres no need to paint the whole city as well.

We could bumble along on a 15000 mile circumfrance sphere heated by one star and be just as happy.
Maybe for you it is pointless, but you are not the All-Knowing God. Allah says in the creation of the heavens and earth are a sign for the people. The vastness of outer space is definitely a sign. This is something which requires deep reflection and wisdom. You can think about all those blades of grass and shrubs in the bushes, or all those grains of sand and rocks in the desert and question what is their purpose? Maybe they have one and maybe they dont, but of a surety, all of the creation of Allah is a sign of His Power.

barney
04-06-2007, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talha777

but of a surety, all of the creation of Allah is a sign of His Power.

Oh I beleive in a creating entity(s). Just that faith isnt knowlage.:)

iqbal_soofi
04-06-2007, 10:52 PM

And Allah knows best.
-SI-
Where there's no knowledge, there's Allah.

or

where there's less knowledge, there's more Allah Allah.

Learning
04-06-2007, 10:54 PM

If you wanted to paint your house there's no need to paint the whole city as well.

But here you are missing the point.

You do not paint the whole city as if you did it would take you days if not months or even longer and then you would even have to buy all the paint as this is to show you have no power.

But rather for Allah he has no trouble in doing whatever he wishes so creating such a vast universe for us is just showing us the power he has.

Talha777
04-06-2007, 10:54 PM
The faith of Muslims is not blind. Our beliefs are not merely beliefs they are facts.

Say thou: "This is my way: I do invite unto Allah, on evidence clear as the seeing with one's eyes, I and whoever follows me. Glory to Allah. and never will I join gods with Allah." (12:108)

The evidence for our faith is as clear as believing in something with one's own two eyes.

Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!"
(17:102)

wilberhum
04-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Our beliefs are not merely beliefs they are facts.
Yes it is a fact that you believe.

barney
04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
If you were debating with a religious person, or one that shared your faith or another then thats fine.

But just quoting that the Quran says it's all fact is, to a unbeleiver, circular logic. the Quran says in many many Surah, that it's the Truth, that people will say that the Prophet is making it up, and that he was just repeating stories of old. It's very adamant on being perceived as fact, but as I say, KNOWLAGE, is different. I know that I had pork chops for tea tonight with peas & Gravy. Thats a fact. I beleive that the sun will come up tommorow. It might not.

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kora...size=First+100

6.25] And of them is he who hearkens to you, and We have cast veils over their hearts lest they understand it and a heaviness into their ears; and even if they see every sign they will not believe in it; so much so that when they come to you they only dispute with you; those who disbelieve say: This is naught but the stories of the ancients.
[6.26] And they prohibit (others) from it and go far away from it, and they only bring destruction upon their own souls while they do not perceive.
[6.27] And could you see when they are made to stand before the fire, then they shall say: Would that we were sent back, and we would not reject the communications of our Lord and we would be of the believers.

Woodrow
04-06-2007, 11:37 PM

First of all glad to see you came back. I must say you have a bit of an interesting outlook on life. Very good question>

Only problem, it is not an actual question. It is a supposition of a hypothetical situation. The only problem with hypothetical suppositions is they have no answer, as the question itself is without limits.

Getting back to your fianal comment:"This is pretty much islam what if youre wrong?"

The only reasonable answer to your question: is "So what" not a single thing in the world would change. we would still all be responsible about the choices we make in life.

Now on a persoanal note. I have no doubt that the universe is as Allah(swt) has revealed it to us.

Sinbad
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
You belive that islam is the answer to all, cause it says so in the quaran.

Thats a very good point!

Skywalker
04-07-2007, 11:06 AM
Who's to say that there aren't billions of other civilzations just like our own scattered around the universe, and even in other dimensions, that have received the same message from Allah, and presented with the same choice of following His path or not?

My opinion is that it's quite possible that they exist, but since they aren't mentioned in the Qur'an, it's very unlikely that we will ever meet them.

- Qatada -
04-07-2007, 11:18 AM
You belive that islam is the answer to all, cause it says so in the quaran.

Thats a very good point!

The answer to your question is simple, God created us:

He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving;- [Qur'an 67:2]

He created this world for us, for our benefit. Where we would dwell for a temporary amount of time. This world would be a test to see if we would be obedient to the Creator, He would send us messengers from among ourselves with clear signs who would distinguish between right and wrong. I.e. what is good in the sight of Allaah, and what isn't liked in the sight of Allaah. They would warn us of the day when we will be raised back to life by the One who created us from nothing, and be questioned on our obedience and belief in Allaah and His Messengers'.

If you wonder why Allaah doesn't show Himself, - Allaah doesn't show Himself to us in this world, otherwise the concept of a test isn't really a test if the answers are given away is it?

Allaah has created many different forms of life; mankind, jinn, angels, and there are also other forms of life which we do not know of, yet they are a creation of Allaah. If you believe in a Creator, then it's easy to believe that He has power over all things, and He can create things which we do not know of and things which we do know.

The Qur'an is the truth because it is the revelation of Allaah revealed to His final Messenger, peace be upon him. The Criterion between good and evil, truth and falsehood, falsehood is the way of satan, and surely falsehood is weak, and without a doubt it will perish when Allaah wills. On that day the truthful will be rewarded for the good they did to please Allaah, whereas those who rejected their Creator, His Message and His signs - they will be the losers, and they will wish they could return back to this world to submit to Allaah. But by then it will be too late.

Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the Wakil (Trustee, Disposer of affairs, Guardian, etc.) over all things.

To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth. And those who disbelieve in the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah, such are they who will be the losers.

Say, [O Muhammad], "Is it other than Allah that you order me to worship, O ignorant ones?"

And indeed it has been revealed to you (O Muhammad SAW), as it was to those (Allah's Messengers) before you: "If you join others in worship with Allah, (then) surely (all) your deeds will be in vain, and you will certainly be among the losers."

Nay! But worship Allah (Alone and none else), and be among the grateful.

They made not a just estimate of Allah such as is due to Him. And on the Day of Resurrection the whole of the earth will be grasped by His Hand and the heavens will be rolled up in His Right Hand. Glorified is He, and High is He above all that they associate as partners with Him!

And the Trumpet will be blown, and all who are in the heavens and all who are on the earth will swoon away, except him whom Allah will. Then it will blown a second time and behold, they will be standing, looking on (waiting).

And the earth will shine with the light of its Lord (Allah, when He will come to judge among men) and the Book will be placed (open) and the Prophets and the witnesses will be brought forward, and it will be judged between them with truth, and they will not be wronged.

And each person will be paid in full of what he did; and He is Best Aware of what they do.

And those who disbelieved will be driven to Hell in groups, till, when they reach it, the gates thereof will be opened (suddenly like a prison at the arrival of the prisoners). And its keepers will say, "Did not the Messengers come to you from yourselves, reciting to you the Verses of your Lord, and warning you of the Meeting of this Day of yours?" They will say: "Yes, but the Word of torment has been justified against the disbelievers!"

It will be said (to them): "Enter you the gates of Hell, to abide therein. And (indeed) what an evil abode of the arrogant!"

And those who kept their duty to their Lord will be led to Paradise in groups, till, when they reach it, and its gates will be opened (before their arrival for their reception) and its keepers will say: Salamun 'Alaikum (peace be upon you)! You have done well, so enter here to abide therein."

And they will say: "All the praises and thanks be to Allah Who has fulfilled His Promise to us and has made us inherit (this) land. We can dwell in Paradise where we will; how excellent a reward for the (pious good) workers!"

And you will see the angels surrounding the Throne (of Allah) from all round, glorifying the praises of their Lord (Allah). And they (all the creatures) will be judged with truth, and it will be said. All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

[Qur'an Al Zumar - The Troops] (39: 62-75)

Sinbad
04-07-2007, 11:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
Who's to say that there aren't billions of other civilzations just like our own scattered around the universe, and even in other dimensions, that have received the same message from Allah, and presented with the same choice of following His path or not?

My opinion is that it's quite possible that they exist, but since they aren't mentioned in the Qur'an, it's very unlikely that we will ever meet them.
yeah i belive so to, not in islam but. If God is ethernal, why would he just create us and then say its over? What did he do the ethernity before us and ethernity after us?

- Qatada -
04-07-2007, 11:37 AM
yeah i belive so to, not in islam but. If God is ethernal, why would he just create us and then say its over? What did he do the ethernity before us and ethernity after us?

What happened before Allaah created the creation? Allaah knows best. In regard to the eternity afterwards - the people of hellfire will dwell within there forever, and the people of paradise will dwell in paradise forever, in the company of their Lord and His Mercy.

There is knowledge which Allaah hasn't revealed to us because we simply don't need it, what will happen once we find out what happened before the creation of jinn and men? Will it help us strive forward on our journey to get closer to our Creator? Or will it remain the same? If it would benefit us, Allaah would reveal it, whereas it doesn't.

Yeah, maybe the dwellers of paradise can ask Allaah what happened before? Right now - we don't have the answer so we simply agree with what Allaah told His Messengers', this will benefit us on getting closer to the Creator, and in the end - without a doubt our return is to Him where we will be questioned on whether we obeyed the Messenger sent to us. So that should be your main aim before death overtakes you. Then insha Allaah (God willing) you can strive to enter His paradise and you can ask as much questions as you want. Whereas the people who disbelieved in Allaah and His messengers will dwell in the fire forever, and they will never see their Lord since they were blind to His call in this world. We seek refuge in Allaah from that.

Peace.

- Qatada -
04-07-2007, 11:46 AM
:salamext:

May Allaah make us the dwellers of His paradise.

Here's a short 10min vid on the meeting the believers will have with their Creator in Paradise: [all authentic from Qur'an and Sunnah]

A Meeting with Allaah.

Media Tags are no longer supported

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQXHDW79NHk

Woodrow
04-07-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out where you got the idea that we believe we are all that Allah(swt) created?

We know that he also created the Angels and the Jinn, We know that his creation is not limited by what we can see or will ever see, We can not even begin to imagine what else he has created throughout the universe. If it is his Desire, there may be billions of populated worlds. There is nothing to indicate that he stopped with us.

Muezzin
04-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Strictly speaking, this kind of thing belongs in another section. Since this section is in my 'jurisdiction', however, I'll let this topic continue so long as people don't get carried away with the debate.

My own personal view is each man walks his own path. Others might try to persuade him to walk their path, but it's the man's decision, and nobody else's, which path he walks.

Basically, live and let live.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.