/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i can't pray at my school

Yanal
04-07-2007, 12:24 AM
what should i do i am 11years old i like to pray but when it is dhur i am at school i don't know what to do post her e i have to pray asr

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
04-07-2007, 01:07 AM
i think you need to talk to your teacher/adviser and explain the requirements of your religion. you might find something useful on this thread:

http://www.islamicboard.com/cyber-co...my-school.html

Eric H
04-07-2007, 03:25 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Yanal;

The same God hears the prayers of Hindu, Christians, Muslims and all other people.

I have found it to be a profound experience praying with people of other faiths. In a way we have to pray with each other and for each other and this gives a greater sense of bonding and peace. I do not fear loosing my faith as a Catholic, and I do not believe that God will punish us for praying with people of other faiths. After all the same God created each and every one of us, in the hope of spreading, justice, peace, mercy, forgiveness and love.

In many ways I find a greater joy praying with people who back in history would have been bitter enemies with me and we would have tried to kill each other instead of praying together. This sense of praying together has given me a greater understanding of one God.

I believe you can be true to your faith and also pray with others.

Christian denominations have been struggling with this for some time, I sense at the moment a growing need for more people of more faiths to pray together.

I am not a Muslim so please follow what is right for you, I would not like to be the cause of any conflict with your beliefs.

In the spirit of praying for peace on Earth

Eric

AnonymousPoster
04-07-2007, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
what should i do i am 11years old i like to pray but when it is dhur i am at school i don't know what to do post her e i have to pray asr
:sl:

postpone it till you get home

Book 2, Number 0408:
Narrated Ali ibn Shayban:
We came upon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in Medina. He would postpone the afternoon prayer as long as the sun remained white and clear.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
04-07-2007, 03:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester
:sl:

Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 2: Number 0408:
Narrated Ali ibn Shayban:
We came upon the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) in Medina. He would postpone the afternoon prayer as long as the sun remained white and clear.

book name added

AbuAbdallah
04-07-2007, 10:38 AM
salaam,

Just make sure that you pray dhuhur before the time for 'asr comes in. If you intentionally miss one prayer, then you are committing a great sin.

Skywalker
04-07-2007, 11:01 AM
If there are other Muslim students around (who pray), you could go together and ask a guidance councellor or somebody to get you permission to pray in some place in the school.

Otherwise what you can do is just find some empty room at recess or any place that's clean and pray there. It's easier when you have other people praying with you, but if you're on your own, just ask permission from anyone to give you access to any room during recess.

Eric, I think our ways of prayer are a little different than that of other religions. Plus I don't think others have the obligation to pray 5 times a day at specific times...

Natural
04-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Bro,
I tend to agree that it is probably best to pospone it until you get home. I was taught that even if you miss a prayer, you may make it up as long as you go in order of the prayers.

AbuAbdallah
04-08-2007, 04:03 AM
Allah most High says: Then there succeeded them a generation which neglected prayers and followed lusts. They will meet with destruction (Ghayy), excepting the one who repents and believes and acts righteously. (Quran 19:59-60)

Ibn abbas (RAA) explained that it does not mean that they completely abandoned prayers, but that they delayed them to the end of their prescribed times. Sa'id bin Musayyab, a great Imam following the generation of the Companions, elaborated on this, saying: "A person neglects if he delays the noon prayer up to the afternoon prayer time, afternoon prayer up to almost sunset prayer time, sunset prayer up to evening prayer time, and evening prayer up to morning prayer time, while delaying morning prayer until just before sunrise. If anyone dies without repentance while continuing in this manner, Allah has promised Ghayy for him, and that is a valley in Hell which is very deep and has foul food."

Allah Most High says: Woe to the worshippers who are unmindful of their prayer. (Quran 107:4-5)

Saad bin Abi Waqqas said: "I asked Allah's Messenger (SAW) about the meaning of 'unmindful,' and he replied: 'It is delaying it (the prayer) up to the end of its prescribed time.'" (Bazar)

Natural
04-08-2007, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbuAbdallah
Allah most High says: Then there succeeded them a generation which neglected prayers and followed lusts. They will meet with destruction (Ghayy), excepting the one who repents and believes and acts righteously. (Quran 19:59-60)

Ibn abbas (RAA) explained that it does not mean that they completely abandoned prayers, but that they delayed them to the end of their prescribed times. Sa'id bin Musayyab, a great Imam following the generation of the Companions, elaborated on this, saying: "A person neglects if he delays the noon prayer up to the afternoon prayer time, afternoon prayer up to almost sunset prayer time, sunset prayer up to evening prayer time, and evening prayer up to morning prayer time, while delaying morning prayer until just before sunrise. If anyone dies without repentance while continuing in this manner, Allah has promised Ghayy for him, and that is a valley in Hell which is very deep and has foul food."

Allah Most High says: Woe to the worshippers who are unmindful of their prayer. (Quran 107:4-5)

Saad bin Abi Waqqas said: "I asked Allah's Messenger (SAW) about the meaning of 'unmindful,' and he replied: 'It is delaying it (the prayer) up to the end of its prescribed time.'" (Bazar)
I am not arguing with your point brother. I am very cognizant of offering timely salat to Allah (SWT). I simply saying that if circimstances beyond your control prevent you from praying on time, I was taught you can make them up later. I wanted to let the brother know that we all encounter situations and circumstances beyond our control...no need to stress out about it if you have no control over it.

Yanal
04-12-2007, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
If there are other Muslim students around (who pray), you could go together and ask a guidance councellor or somebody to get you permission to pray in some place in the school.

Otherwise what you can do is just find some empty room at recess or any place that's clean and pray there. It's easier when you have other people praying with you, but if you're on your own, just ask permission from anyone to give you access to any room during recess.

Eric, I think our ways of prayer are a little different than that of other religions. Plus I don't think others have the obligation to pray 5 times a day at specific times...
there are tons of muslims but they don't pray

Yanal
04-12-2007, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Natural
Sis,
I tend to agree that it is probably best to pospone it until you get home. I was taught that even if you miss a prayer, you may make it up as long as you go in order of the prayers.
sister i am a brother not a sis

Alexius
04-12-2007, 03:39 AM
If I were in your shoes, I would probably talk to the teacher/guidance counselor about it. If you're not satisfied with their response, then take it to the principal. If you're still not satisfied, then go to the headmaster. If your still not satisfied, then go to the board. From there, you could even release the intolerance to the press, or just practice civil disobedience and bring a prayer rug to school with you, lay it out and pray during class, but I do not recommend the last step unless you want your face plastered all over the news...

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius:statisfie

NoName55
04-12-2007, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alexius
If I were in your shoes, I would probably talk to the teacher/guidance counselor about it. If you're not satisfied with their response, then take it to the principal. If you're still not satisfied, then go to the headmaster. If your still not satisfied, then go to the board. From there, you could even release the intolerance to the press, or just practice civil disobedience and bring a prayer rug to school with you, lay it out and pray during class, but I do not recommend the last step unless you want your face plastered all over the news...

Prayers and petitions,
or simply do it when you get home! does he need to get in to all that fitna at his age?

wa-salaam

north_malaysian
04-12-2007, 04:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alexius

Prayers and petitions,
contact al Jazeera....!!!! :okay:

Natural
04-12-2007, 06:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
sister i am a brother not a sis
Honest mistake...my apologies brother. I was just trying to offer my humble advice. No harm intended.

Ma'asalaama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.