/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Answered Prayers

barney
04-07-2007, 03:00 AM
Howdy.

Open to all faiths.
What Prayers have you had answered in a reasonably congient fashion.
Example: Praying for help with a Harvest and a neighbour lends you his tractor out of the blue without you asking.

How did this cement your faith.

Likewise, What Prayers have you had rejected,(in the sense that you receive the opposite)
Example: Praying for Success in Exams and you fail every one of them really badly.

Did this weaken your faith?

Cheerz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
04-07-2007, 03:08 AM
For me personally, prayer isn't an exercise in asking for material things, success, etc. I pray for other people's well being, for forgiveness, and in praise. It's hard to say what prayers have been "answered", because many times God gives you what you need, not necessarily what you want. Just my opinion and experiences talking.

Talha777
04-07-2007, 03:24 AM
I've had so many prayers of mine answered I don't know where to begin. Perhaps the most crucial one is when I prayed desperately to Allah Taala to lift me out of a terrible state I was in and He answered my prayers almost over night. I've prayed for critically ill people to recover and they have, again almost overnight. The power of prayer is real and undeniable. So much so that every distress or decision that I am confronted with, I pray to Him to give me guidance and help, and He does.

don532
04-07-2007, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Howdy.

Open to all faiths.
What Prayers have you had answered in a reasonably congient fashion.
Example: Praying for help with a Harvest and a neighbour lends you his tractor out of the blue without you asking.

How did this cement your faith.

Likewise, What Prayers have you had rejected,(in the sense that you receive the opposite)
Example: Praying for Success in Exams and you fail every one of them really badly.

Did this weaken your faith?

Cheerz
Well howdy.

With material things that concern me, I have learned to pray for God's will and the wisdom and patience to accept whatever the outcome. The result is usually better than I would have known to ask for. He feeds and takes care of the birds of the field. He will take care of me also.

I have personally witnessed a relationship problem where one person hated another. My acquaintance in prayer told God of his feelings toward the other person. A reconciliation resulted, initiated by the person my acquaintance had such bad feelings for.

I have also personally witnessed people who have truly struck bottom...physically, emotionally and spiritually, genuinely cry out to God in prayer for help (not for money or other material things) and they get it. I have seen this in my brief exposure to the recovery community, in the form of the irresistible desire to practice an addictive behavior be relieved. As a younger man, I would have doubted these things took place. My mind has been changed and my faith cemented after seeing such things.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
:salamext:

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every supplicant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way. [Qur'an 2:186]

`Aishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) is reported to have said, "No believer makes du`aa (supplication) and it is wasted. Either it is granted here in this world or deposited for him in the Hereafter as long as he does not get frustrated."

Dua' (Supplication) & its relationship with Destiny
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...p-destiny.html

PS: Kool thread. :)

Zulkiflim
04-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Salaam,

For me i do not normally ask for material needs.

But every 5 times a day,i pray to Allah to give me strength to strengthen material need,to horde thing and to simple be more giving.

Greed is an evil thing and I pray that i shall be able to give with the right hand without my left hand knowing.

snakelegs
04-08-2007, 04:09 AM
many people are surprised to learn that some agnostics pray.
i am not sure that god is a personal god, so i do not ask for anything.
i pray for world peace and stuff like that, but mostly i pray to thank god because there is so much beauty in the world, so much that is awesome in nature, and so much that is wonderful in my life, i simply have to.

barney
04-08-2007, 04:54 AM
I'll chip in.

At times where I need guidence and it's nothing that anyone can help with, I'll pray. Not for material things, that's totally silly. Oooh! I'll have a nice new car cheers! LOL Right. A deity hearing that would, I think probably drop one on my head.

I'm praying to a creator, whovever-whatever it is.
I've no idea if it can help.
I'm not sure if it can hear, and I'm doubtful that it can.
But I think asking when all else fails cant hurt. ( at this point, rather strangly, I'm aware of any misdemeanours I have done in my life, and rather than ask for forgiveness, just ask the entity to accept me as I am.)
So...do i deserve to be a devout disciple of Agnosticism?
The Athiests would excommunicate me in a heartbeat!

snakelegs
04-08-2007, 05:04 AM
agnostics are a very diverse lot - so yes, of course you qualify. some believe in god and some don't, some believe in an afterlife and some don't, some pray and others don't etc etc. in my life as an agnostic, i didn't really believe (or not believe, for that matter) in god. but in recent years, i have gradually come to believe in god - but i am still a bonafide agnostic.
the defining point is that we believe that ultimately there is much that is simply unknowable. we believe this and that, but we are aware that we do not know and we are ok with that.
hope that makes sense.
so..... you're in! congrats!

barney
04-08-2007, 05:22 AM
W00t!

Whats the dogma for it! I totally need Dogma.

mahdisoldier19
04-08-2007, 07:37 AM
You know i got a few tickets in 1 row, about 4. I got free of all of them at one shot, but i did pray alot. How do you like that! In NY getting away with 4 tickets? Now thats hard work!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.