/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ma'idah restaurant

afriend
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
:sl:

New Restaurant opened in East London recently...Haven't had the chance to go yet...

http://www.maidah-restaurant.co.uk/

Looks pretty sharp :shade:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
04-08-2007, 10:26 AM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Nice advertising..

so...urm maybe baby bro could treat me one day! :D

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

afriend
04-08-2007, 11:47 AM

:rollseyes....Can hardly treat myself! :D

amirah_87
04-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Aaah that place looks good subhanAllah!!

If only i saw this a day ago before i was headed to a Mashed up restaurant in green street! :D QadarAllah.

Thanx for the info.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
04-08-2007, 01:05 PM

would that happen to be Al-Kebabish lol...

yeah its pretty high class and with class comes an extremely expensive menu :hiding:, it's opposite the LMC. So it's quite easy to find too.

amirah_87
04-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Wa alaykum as salaam,

No not the Kebabish... I forgot it's name, we just happened to walk straight in. :-[ It's opposite Dulhan's.

It's opposite the LMC? :eek: so why'd they say it's in Bethnal Green? :? .. isn't the LMC in whitechapel?

Hawa
04-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Salam
I have had the pleasure of stuffing my face in Maidah, the food is fantastic, a bit pricey however. It's a great place for a get together, they have private dining which is perfect for sisters..

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 01:27 PM

Look very classy! Is it halal resturant?:?

afriend
04-08-2007, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
Wa alaykum as salaam,

No not the Kebabish... I forgot it's name, we just happened to walk straight in. :-[ It's opposite Dulhan's.

It's opposite the LMC? :eek: so why'd they say it's in Bethnal Green? :? .. isn't the LMC in whitechapel?
it's on bethnal green road. LMC is on Bethnal Green Road too...:D
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Look very classy! Is it halal resturant?:?

yes it is :)

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 01:48 PM
it's okayish.... a bit too bright & stark for my liking.

If I had a restaurant, I'd have suspended lighting with dimmers on all tables.. so everyone can adjust it to their liking. Cool eh?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 01:51 PM
it is great, but sadly I am living far away from this resturant and I am living in Glasgow...:cry:

Maimunah
04-08-2007, 01:51 PM

say a say wearning niqaab, would she be able to eat in a place like that?

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 01:54 PM
yeah exactly.. A few screens here & there or even better a small screened off area would've been a nice idea.

we need muslimah interior designers! :D

chacha_jalebi
04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
they do private lounges dont they?

someone pay me to go there and il write a critics review:D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

Hope you will put good critics!:statisfie

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm beginning to think someone of you have shares in it! :lol:

don't pvt lounges have to be hired? U can't just go into one for a meal for two right?

afriend
04-08-2007, 02:04 PM

Depends where you're at bro....I'm not paying for a flight ticket :rollseyes :p

I'm beginning to think someone of you have shares in it!
;D LOL!! No not me....Maybe chacha does :p

don't pvt lounges have to be hired? U can't just go into one for a meal for two right?
My uncle and aunty went there recently, I think you just have to ask...

FatimaAsSideqah
^ Lol.

Hawa
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
yeah exactly.. A few screens here & there or even better a small screened off area would've been a nice idea.

we need muslimah interior designers! :D

They have private rooms in the basement, complete with Ipod docks and phone service, plus you can adjust the heating in the room...

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Ahh that's cool then! (I say that as if I'm going) :rollseyes

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 02:08 PM
IF you can afford!!:blind:

amirah_87
04-08-2007, 02:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Gee, I always refered to that areas as whitechapel! :X

They have private rooms in the basement, complete with Ipod docks and phone service, plus you can adjust the heating in the room...
What's the point in that? :?

say a say wearning niqaab, would she be able to eat in a place like that?
Most places like this have seperate cut off sections for families and all, you should ask if you could be seated there.

chacha_jalebi
04-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Depends where you're at bro....I'm not paying for a flight ticket :rollseyes :p
lol im kinda near, you can jus top up moi oyster card for me :p :D

LOL!! No not me....Maybe chacha does :p
:rollseyes lol who started the thread, i think iqram bro is promotin a family business :D

chacha_jalebi
04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
i think they have ipod docks so you can play nasheeds lol,

what type of food they do?

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=chacha_jalebi;707758]
:rollseyes lol who started the thread, i think iqram bro is promotin a family business :D
def something fishy going on

IF you can afford!!
I'll say ima critic for a food magazine :uuh: :p

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=Muslimah_Sis;707767]

def something fishy going on

I'll say ima critic for a food magazine :uuh: :p

Go ahead, Sister! Be good critic! We don't want harm to Iqram!:statisfie

afriend
04-08-2007, 02:19 PM

lol who started the thread, i think iqram bro is promotin a family business

Ah shucks ^o) they're onto us!!

Ok, before anybody gets the wrong idea (and asks for discounts)...The point in me opening this thread is because I'm going there soon (Insha'Allah) just so I know what I'm in for :p

ummAbdillah
04-08-2007, 04:32 PM
salaam
it look very posh.... too posh for moi
lol. But its nice to see halah restaurants doing well :)
wa salaam

Maidah
04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
beleive it or not, by now the restaurant has gained a lot of promotion here, post a thread, ppl will read about it and then consider going there. The owners must be very happy, and the credit should go to the person who started the thread. Way to go bro!!!!! :D

noodles
04-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Maidah, did you go to Maidah :X

Sorry couldn't help it :blind:

Maidah
04-08-2007, 05:00 PM
^ very funny.......not:mmokay:

no i haven't but maybe i should, i might get discount cuz of the name.....:D

'Abd al-Baari
04-08-2007, 05:20 PM

^lol^ :D:D:D

Jazakallah for sharing bro Iqram, Mashallah it looks good but too far for me, Inshallah next time i'm in London....

afriend
04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah
beleive it or not, by now the restaurant has gained a lot of promotion here, post a thread, ppl will read about it and then consider going there. The owners must be very happy, and the credit should go to the person who started the thread. Way to go bro!!!!! :D
lol I deserve an all you can eat buffet for two there :p Don't you think? ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

^lol^ :D:D:D

Jazakallah for sharing bro Iqram, Mashallah it looks good but too far for me, Inshallah next time i'm in London....
:) Be sure to let me know...Maybe we can link up

zubairusman
06-03-2007, 12:28 AM
Asalaaam'alaykum wa rahmatullah to everyone on this thread.

Brother Iqram, jazakallah khair for starting it. Maidah you're quite right, as one of the the mangement team at Ma'idah Restaurant, I do feel really happy that you are discussing the restaurant. :D

Brother Iqram, how did you enjoy your visit to the restaurant?

Muslimah Sis - jazakallah for all the comments and great interior design tips :-) Keep them coming. Just to address some of the issues that you bought up. The bright lighting is actually really only for the artwork, photos don't come out very well otherwise. The restaurant has mood lighting which dims automatically as the day progresses. Insha'allah you'll find it to your liking.

Interesting for you to mention screens for the upstairs area. We are already investigating this option sister. We in the process of sourcing something which is aesthetically compatible with the restaurant. Insha'allah we'll have something soon. :)

We don't charge extra for the private dining rooms as long as you have enough people. Although we wouldn't typically allow a couple in the private rooms, we often make exceptions during quieter periods. If its not in use we're more than happy to accomodate couples and sisters.

On the topic of food critics. You can check out a review of the restaurant by a renowned food critic in the industry. You can also check out user reviews at Toptable, London Eating and Zabihah.

We are a HMC approved restaurant and we use the most premium meat cuts and poultry at the restaurant. We only use fresh ingrediants, no food colourings, MSG or any other preservatives or enhancers. This is reflected in the silght premium in our prices. We find that this is really something that customers value today.

Sister Aisha, please don't feel that the restaurant is too "posh" or inaccessible for you. It was built with the Muslims in mind because there are no good places, especially for young Muslims to dine at. They often require one to compromise aspects of our faith. Ma'idah was built with that in mind and for everyone.

Finally I extend my an invitation for you all to come to Ma'idah. Please ask for me (Zubair), if I am there I will do my best that you have a good experience.

Wasalaam'alaykum

'Abd al-Baari
06-03-2007, 08:59 AM

since this thread is back up and a member of the Managment for the restaurant is here let me just say what a great idea to call the name 'Ma'idah'
The table laid with food lol :D

Ma'asslama

zubairusman
06-03-2007, 10:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah2907

since this thread is back up and a member of the Managment for the restaurant is here let me just say what a great idea to call the name 'Ma'idah'
The table laid with food lol :D

Ma'asslama
Jazakallah Khair brother Abdullah. Lets just say that it wasn't by accident! You would be shocked if you know how much effort was put into finalising that name. When used in its looser form it can mean table by itself - which is also one of the features of the restaurant. The ability to choose the option of raised or floor seating in the private dining rooms. :)

Wa'alaykum'asalaam

iwuvaziaf
06-03-2007, 11:39 AM
mmmm... another thread on foood.. i love foood! and another yummy-ish restaurante... bring on the increase in muslim businesses.. I was gettin bit bored of tayyabs.. and they were benefiting too much as that was one of the only nice restaurants (not fast food) around whitechapel area...

yeah its pretty high class and with class comes an extremely expensive menu , it's opposite the LMC.
do they have a good selection of juices? I have tried the juices of Barakah which is like right beside LMC.. Rainbow is just mmmmmmmmm heavenly (am a juice-aholic) wish i could say the same for the food though.. not as impressive as the look of the restaurant...

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
If I had a restaurant, I'd have suspended lighting with dimmers on all tables.. so everyone can adjust it to their liking. Cool eh?
dimmed lighting.. bit like lazat/lazaat in Gants Hill, i guess.. but there isnt any segregation there.. they're quite busy in the nights but quiet in the day so the girlies can still munch.. almost like havin a whole restaurant all to themselves..

For Ma'idah restaurant... InshaAllah, may they keep their high standards and keep strengthening the ummah! We must do everything for the sake of Allah! Prophet Muhammad (SAW) stated, The highest level of intellect after having faith in God is to be of service to God's creation. May Allah's barakah help them succeed, Ameen.

I have not tried the restaurant so if any of the girlies wanna hook up with me n aziaf.. it'll be fun! inshaAllah! PM me or ma girl!

Salamaleykum..

Fi

Helena
07-15-2007, 11:40 PM

yes it is :)

:giggling: ...huh....:confused: .....

let moi correct u inshAllah....am very familiar with this place.....

ELM (east london mosque) is built nxt to LMC ( london muslim centre)....which is located in Whitechaple.....and not in bethnal green.....

u are probably confused as there are two diff restaurants opened with similar names...

meedah drill newly opened beside LMC and mai'dah opened in bethnal green...more near to bricklane...

...erm havnt tried it yet.....family and friends have given neg review...:hmm:

Salaam
07-16-2007, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
meedah drill newly opened beside LMC and mai'dah opened in bethnal green...more near to bricklane...
its not Maidah Drill but Grill

Maidah Grill is behind East London Mosque and London Muslim Centre which is in Whitechapel.

Maidah Restaurant is on Bethnal Green Road

they are about 20 minutes walk from eash other. both places look great from the outside and the inside, a lot of money has been invested on both of them.

Maidah
07-16-2007, 04:04 AM
Finally I extend my an invitation for you all to come to Ma'idah. Please ask for me (Zubair), if I am there I will do my best that you have a good experience.

Wasalaam'alaykum[/QUOTE]

Thanx for the invitation don't know bout the others on the forum but i will deffo do my best to pay a visit to Ma'idah along with family and friends, and you bet the first person we will look for is Mr.zubair:smile:

Abdul-Raouf
07-16-2007, 04:55 AM
Hey all ... this one is very cheap.... eat here...:D

syilla
07-16-2007, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Hey all ... this one is very cheap.... eat here...:D
thats not cheap :uuh:

Helena
07-18-2007, 12:31 PM
yesterday my family went to ma'ida in bethnal green. MashAllah the service and decor was great!

I have to admit tis food is expensive..perhaps we ordered too much between 4ppl and the bill came up to £80.:ooh: ...

We had three diff starters which was malai chicken, grilled lamp chops and aloo tikki.....lamp chops was great...spicy and delicious...

main dish:

we had chicken korma, aubergine bartha, chikcen tikka masala, chicken chow mein, meat jalfrezi, and awalki chicken creamy. 4 pilau rice and 3 white rice.

Over all the chicken tikka masala was spicy and tasted perfect..same with aubergine, korma, meat. The only disappointed curry was chicken alwaki...tasteless, creamy, more like desert then a curry!

Abdul-Raouf
07-18-2007, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK
yesterday my family went to ma'ida in bethnal green. MashAllah the service and decor was great!

I have to admit tis food is expensive..perhaps we ordered too much between 4ppl and the bill came up to £80.:ooh: ...

We had three diff starters which was malai chicken, grilled lamp chops and aloo tikki.....lamp chops was great...spicy and delicious...

main dish:

we had chicken korma, aubergine bartha, chikcen tikka masala, chicken chow mein, meat jalfrezi, and awalki chicken creamy. 4 pilau rice and 3 white rice.

Over all the chicken tikka masala was spicy and tasted perfect..same with aubergine, korma, meat. The only disappointed curry was chicken alwaki...tasteless, creamy, more like desert then a curry!
Ooooooooooooooh my tongue got twisted... hearin those dishes :happy:

Helena
07-18-2007, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Ooooooooooooooh my tongue got twisted... hearin those dishes :happy:
glad to hear.....they have pretty large menu......it can be hard to choose.....

...oh yeah we sat in a private cabinet..downstairs ( poor waiter was running up and down)...cudnt try the dessert...man i was fool!...

overall i wud give 7/10.....food is delicious..when its spicy/hot for me...

...nxt time wud def go inshAllah...

enaya
07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
i went to the maidah resturant in whitechapel the one behind east london mosque last fridsay, is it that one or is it some other one anywayz the food there OMG it filled me up so much i didn't eat for the rest of the day and the DESSERT MMMMMM LOVED IT WILL MAKE YOUR MOUTH WATER the food was wiked and the amount of food does equal to the price of the food (order the tuvac sis one). i recodmend everyone goes there its so good and theres segration and everything so islamic anywayz have a nice time if anyone goes you'll love it trust me (especially the dessert order a mouse chocolate one omg the way its served youd want in your wedding dessert lolzzzzzz)

Salaam
07-18-2007, 03:18 PM
the best thing about these two restaurants is that they are both HMC Approved.

Helena
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salaam
the best thing about these two restaurants is that they are both HMC Approved.

OUI...i agree with ur statement...

my nxt visit will be mae'dah grill ...the one located behind ELM inshAllah..

sis enaya...wot did u eat from the starter or main dish?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.