/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 30 Days As A Muslim

SirZubair
04-08-2007, 11:31 AM
30 Days As A Muslim

watch the video, then post your comments please :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SirZubair
04-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Also, Watch :

After 30 Days as a Muslim

SirZubair
04-08-2007, 11:40 AM
In my opinion, that Tv Show has done muslims in America a MASSIVE favour.

At first, i thought "That guys an idiot..." but then slowly i realised "... i am an idiot for thinking he is an idiot,.. he is actually willing to learn.. "

Before anyone posts anything, lets be clear on one thing,.. He wasn't there to convert, he was there to learn.

Umm Yoosuf
04-08-2007, 11:43 AM
:sl:

I watched this before. I think the Muslims could have worked harder to give him Dawah, some things just won't answered for him. They should have sat with him and explained basic things to him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SirZubair
04-08-2007, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Yahya

I watched this before. I think the Muslims could have worked harder to give him Dawah, some things just won't answered for him. They should have sat with him and explained basic things to him.
Thats for sure. But when you compare what he KNEW and what he now KNOWS, the Muslims that were involved didn't do such a bad job.

Their mission was not to go from A - Z, their mission was to open up a doorway for America to find comfort in reaching out to American Muslims, and from what i've seen, they've done a bloody good job.

Snowflake
04-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I've seen this before. And at the time, my views were that the outcome was good and he realised that muslims aren't evil or terrorists as the media portrays them to be. It was good!

akulion
04-08-2007, 12:20 PM
well the thing about dawah nowadays is that people are doing it verbally more than through actions

Islam is not just all talk - but it is the actions which in the past effected so many people.

Like I can tell you this much, I am a born Muslim but I have always not been a good boy. So when I was down in my faith and being a bad boy...instead of reaching out to me the existing Muslim community (in the UK where I was living) would act holier than thou and turn away from me. And whats worse is when I had made the effort to integrate with them eventually, they were so set in their 'holier than thou' act that I felt like an outsider and decided to go my own way.

However in the end it was the best for me, since I didnt wana end up a guy who says 'init' in every other sentence :p

SirZubair
04-08-2007, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
I've seen this before. And at the time, my views were that the outcome was good and he realised that muslims aren't evil or terrorists as the media portrays them to be. It was good!
And insha'allah now we have one more Non-muslim Islam Defender 4life! :)

ummAbdillah
04-08-2007, 08:04 PM
salaam
manshallah he went from a critic of Islam to one that defends it!
if only all americans could have this experience :)
wa salaam

SirZubair
04-08-2007, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister-aisha
salaam
manshallah he went from a critic of Islam to one that defends it!
if only all americans could have this experience :)
wa salaam
One american heart at a time :)

ABWAN
04-09-2007, 05:46 AM
I saw this when this was shown on TV. I dont think the muslims did a good part (esp that Imam who kept saying the same thing and was literally acting). But I think Morgan did a good job in making the whole package look good. But I must say a non-muslim did a great job in showing Islam than the lady from 'little mosque'. Just my .02

SirZubair
04-09-2007, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
I saw this when this was shown on TV. I dont think the muslims did a good part (esp that Imam who kept saying the same thing and was literally acting). But I think Morgan did a good job in making the whole package look good. But I must say a non-muslim did a great job in showing Islam than the lady from 'little mosque'. Just my .02
'little mosque'? Was that a TV show? can that be found online? got any links?

SirZubair
04-09-2007, 06:21 AM
Found it :

http://youtube.com/results?search_qu...&search=Search

syilla
04-09-2007, 07:54 AM
lol...i already posted this

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...ys-muslim.html

SirZubair
04-09-2007, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
But you missed the 2nd part...

'After 30 Days as a Muslim' :exhausted

syilla
04-09-2007, 08:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
But you missed the 2nd part...

'After 30 Days as a Muslim' :exhausted
How come i can't watch the whole movie. :?

Can you try the link again bro?

SirZubair
04-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Give it sometime to load sis, maybe its the fact that its been viewed 99,908 times since its been uploaded.... i think afew people are watching it at once and so its not working very well.

like i said,.. 'i think'.

It works for me though...................... :?

siFilam
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
:salamext:
I watched the first video and some of the second one. I agree with sis Al-Mu'minah, they, the host family and the first Imam from Karbala Masjid, should have given him an actual Dawah. The family was more concerned with trying to correct his political views.
I think Muslims in America r out there giving Dawah and informing the people about Islam. Of course the media overshadows their efforts due to their inability to properly inform the viewers. I can’t recall the last time the media gave credits to the Muslim Scholar for condemning the terrorist activities.

wasalam
-SI-

FatimaAsSideqah
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM

I can't believe this..He just so idiot!:blind:

:w:

siFilam
04-09-2007, 09:02 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

there are more like, and sadly some Muslims act like him too.

wasalam
-SI-

FatimaAsSideqah
04-09-2007, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam

there are more like, and sadly some Muslims act like him too.

wasalam
-SI-

Yeah, that is true! :cry:

SirZubair
04-10-2007, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Who is?

siFilam
04-10-2007, 05:51 AM
Who is?
i think she's talking abt Dave. he kind of acted like an idot at the beginning.

wasalam
-SI-

SirZubair
04-10-2007, 07:38 AM

i think she's talking abt Dave. he kind of acted like an idot at the beginning.

wasalam
-SI-
Oh ok. Yeah, he did. But you can't expect any more or less from someone who doesnt/didn't know anything about Islam to begin with.

siFilam
04-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh ok. Yeah, he did. But you can't expect any more or less from someone who doesnt/didn't know anything about Islam to begin with.
yeah true. I really don't think its a good way to promote Islam. He didn't even get proper understanding of the value of prayer and other Islamic principles. They should've came to where I live. we got some strict and knowledgeable Imams, Mashallah.

wasalam
-SI-

shible
04-10-2007, 09:06 AM
I really wish to seee them but i am accessing net from my concern that has restrictions over many websites due to which i am not able to view it.

Well anyway soon i shall view it Bro

mohammed farah
04-10-2007, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
How come i can't watch the whole movie. :?

Can you try the link again bro?

watch it from here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHDedJJ6A6k

SirZubair
04-10-2007, 09:32 AM

yeah true. I really don't think its a good way to promote Islam. He didn't even get proper understanding of the value of prayer and other Islamic principles. They should've came to where I live. we got some strict and knowledgeable Imams, Mashallah.

wasalam
-SI-
I don't think the mission was to give him the insight of Prayer and Islamic principles, it was to give him a basic view of what a Muslim does on a daily basis, how muslims are Normal people.

He has understood the basics, insha'allah. Mission acomplished.

siFilam
04-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't think the mission was to give him the insight of Prayer and Islamic principles, it was to give him a basic view of what a Muslim does on a daily basis, how muslims are Normal people.

He has understood the basics, insha'allah. Mission acomplished.
Prayer is what the Muslims do on a daily basis. Its part of our lifestyle. so if person wants to gain full understanding of who the Muslims are, than the principles behind prayer needs to be explained. Through out that entire I clip I didn't see anyone explaining to him that we are not idol worshipers. Remember that was his first objection to praying with the Muslims. He stated the first commandment. Towards the end of that clip he learned about prayer from a piece of paper.
How can you explain Muslims without touching on Islam.
I think the director had good intentions. He wanted Dave to understand Islam which
would've obliviously cleared up his misunderstandings in the political arena.

wasalam
-SI-

SirZubair
04-10-2007, 09:54 AM

Prayer is what the Muslims do on a daily basis. Its part of our lifestyle. so if person wants to gain full understanding of who the Muslims are, than the principles behind prayer needs to be explained. Through out that entire I clip I didn't see anyone explaining to him that we are not idol worshipers. Remember that was his first objection to praying with the Muslims. He stated the first commandment. Towards the end of that clip he learned about prayer from a piece of paper.
How can you explain Muslims without touching on Islam.
I think the director had good intentions. He wanted Dave to understand Islam which
would've obliviously cleared up his misunderstandings in the political arena.

wasalam
-SI-
Reps !

Got your point, my apoligises.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.