/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doa for loneliness

sakina
04-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm so much feeling lonely that is shaking my heart and mind to pieces and my stomach into a balloon of food. Although I have friends and relatives, I miss my parents, my favourite aunt, who already gone. I have fixed myself from problems and falls too many times before, now I get weak. I know only ALLAH SWT can help me. But I need encouragement, positive and wise, religious advise. Tell me the doa for me to be strong and independent again.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
04-08-2007, 01:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sakina
I'm so much feeling lonely that is shaking my heart and mind to pieces and my stomach into a balloon of food. Although I have friends and relatives, I miss my parents, my favourite aunt, who already gone. I have fixed myself from problems and falls too many times before, now I get weak. I know only ALLAH SWT can help me. But I need encouragement, positive and wise, religious advise. Tell me the doa for me to be strong and independent again.

Salam dear sis,

You know hun, it might just be my point of view, I don't know, but I feel that loneliness isn't something that can be fixed by human company, but rather the continous rememberance of Allah subhanwa ta'ala.

When we are closer to Allah, He is closer to us. And when we are not close to Him, then we will still feel lonely even in a crowd. It's the constant awareness of Allah's presence that makes us feel we are not alone. See, when Allah is at the forefront of our minds, our soul becomes so content that even in solitude it finds peace and contentment. How can anyone be lonely when they have Allah with them? : )

Read the Holy Qur'an. Read it's meanings. Study matters of Islamic Jurisprudence (very interesting) and occupy your mind. Wordly stuff cannot satiate the hunger that our soul has to worship it's Creator. If worldly things could fill that void, then people who have everything would never feel lonely.

As for duaa sis, it goes hand in hand with the effort to change/do something.

“Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)” Quran: 13:11

If you want to be strong and independant, duaa isn't enough. You have to work towards being what you want and ask Allah to make it easy for you. The thing that stops most people from doing what they want is nothing but themselves.

You have to do your best, i.e. make the effort and put your trust in Allah that He will grant you success in what you are striving to do.

"Trust in Allah, but tie your camel first."

All the best sis,

:w:

- Qatada -
04-08-2007, 01:41 PM
:salamext:

May Allaah make this life and the next easy for you, and the ummah. ameen.

Here's a good site with duas' from the Sunnah:

http://makedua.com/

razu
04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sakina
:sl:
SIS

HV u do u r Thahjood .. if not try it ....!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Annie
04-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Salams sis
if you are feeling lonley then i would advise you to pray tahajud namaz,

sakina
04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Salam friends,
thank you for your replies. Although I get confuse sometime, alhamdulillah I'm blessed by ALLAH with good commonsense so I pick myself up, but it is easier if I receive emotional support. I leave for work in the morning but when time permits I pray tahajud. Will put more time and effort now to prayers and doa to ALLAH, and surrender to HIS will.

I would find it easy to tell people what to do even if they have the same problem, but when it is myself feeling self pity and lonely, in need of someone close to standby me, then I feel the reality painful pinch.

masalamah
sakina

Kittygyal
04-15-2007, 10:38 AM
salamualikum.

Easy. Get a cat or even a teddy hold it right near your heart and squeeze it, shed tears on it if have to let it all out. Reciting the Qura'an can NEVER make you lonley.

Anywho i won't say much because above me there have been some wonderful advice, inshallah sis have trust in Allah subhwnatallah and don't give up, read your daily salah along with ask for forgivness from allah subhnwatallah he is testing you so you rely on him inshallah. Have sabr because sabr leads you to the doors.

Chin up hun and be strong. Read the Qura'an more often inshallah. Start listining to it aswel

don't feel lonley cause am here if you need any help inshallah :D

Allah will help you my deary

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.