/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some Wrong fatwa’s that contradicts with the verses of Quran & Sunna

Hemoo
04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I decided to make this article to give an Advice to every Muslim as the prophet (peace be upon him) said :

In the book of sahih Muslim:
narrated on the authority of Tamim ad-Dari that the Apostle of Allah (may peace and blessings be upon him) observed: Al-Din is a name of sincerity and well wishing. Upon this we said: For whom? He replied: For Allah, His Book, His Messenger and for the leaders and the general Muslims.

And before I begin I must set up some basics which are :

Originally to talk and mention someone behind his back is considered forbidden and it is known as being “Gheiba” Backbiting as in the hadith :

In the book of sahih Muslim:
Chapter : The prohibition of backbiting.

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Do you know what is backbiting? They (the Companions) said: Allah and His Messenger know best. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Backbiting implies your talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like. It was said to him: What is your opinion about this that if I actually find (that failing) in my brother which I made a mention of? He said: If (that failing) is actually found (in him) what you assert, you in fact backbited him, and if that is not in him it is a slander.

But there are six exceptional cases which it is allowed to do Backbiting “Gheiba”
See this link for detailed explanation from the book of Riyad-us-Saliheen by imam an-nawawi
http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/hadeeth/riyad/17/chap256.htm

one of this cases is to warn the Muslims from someone who commits innovations or speaks wrongly speeches concerning the Islamic laws.

And I would like to say that I will not speak about any scholar unless I know that some of the trusted scholars already has speaked and warned about this him. Because otherwise as the scholars say that “the flesh of the scientist are poisoned”

Many times I meet some Muslims and I find them having wrong thoughts as some one told me before “that he ask multiple scholar for fatwas and then he choose whatever fatwa he likes” and that is surely wrong doing and it’s a prohibited act.

Its like doing as the Jews and Christians do, as the following verse in the Quran was explained by the prophet :

In the Quran meaning translation (two translations) :

YUSUFALI: They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

PICKTHAL: They have taken as lords beside Allah their rabbis and their monks and the Messiah son of Mary, when they were bidden to worship only One Allah. There is no Allah save Him. Be He Glorified from all that they ascribe as partner (unto Him)!

And here is what the prophet said about this verse (I didn’t find a translation so I will do my best):

In the book of sunan al-tirmidhi the chapter of explanation of the Quran and sheikh Al-albany said this hadith is authentic:

narrated on the authority Adi bin Hatem said :I came to the prophet - may Allah’s mercy and peace be upon him - and in my neck there was a necklace (collar) of a golden cross so the prophet said:” O adi, throw away this idol” then I heard him reciting the verse of the Quran in sorat bara`a (another name of surat alTawba , and the companion Adi is referring to the previous verse 009.031 that I have quoted) then the prophet said they where not worshipping their rabbis and their monks but they were obeying them even when they make a prohibited thing as lawful or when they make an allowed thing as prohibited.

So we Muslims must seek the right knowledge and be careful while seeking this knowledge to make sure we are really walking in the right path because as the prophet said :

my community will be split up into seventy-three sects. (in the book of Hadith of Abu Dawud ,Tirmidhi and Musnad Imam Ahmed ,and the shiekh Alalbany mentioned this Hadith in his Authentic Hadith book)

and we all want to be from among the good sect and we want to be as the prophet and his companions used to be.

And concerning the fatwa ,there is a very important law that the scholars of FiQh say which is :

Do Not do an Igtihad (making a fatwa) that is against the verses of Quran and sunna.

And any one that does that is contradicting with the infallible verses and texts of Allah and his messenger.

And as we know there are two conditions for any deed to be right and accepted which are :

1- is to be a good deed with the following of the prophet muhammad (or else it will be bid`a or inventioned )

in the book of sahih muslim:
Chapter : Rejecting of the wrong things and the innovations (in religion).
Narated By 'Aisha said that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who does any act for which there is no sanction from our behalf, that is to be rejected.

2- is to the deed to be clearly and sincerely FOR Allah's sake not for any thing else (you can realize it in the first Hadith mentioned in Authentic Sahih Bukhary) it says:

Narated By 'Umar bin Al-Khattab : I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for.

So I will start soon by mentioning those wrong fatwas and the verses of the Quran and sunna that shows the right Islamic law.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
*puts hands together and says .. interresstinggg* :p

like you said ppl take diff fatwas and accept the one they like, thats wrong. ppl should accept the fatwa that is in accordance wit Quran & sunnah.

also nowadays ppl have their favorite scholars and jus follow them, which again i think is wrong:D we sud b more open minded and accept the view which is in accordance wit sharia:D

good post thou

Hemoo
04-11-2007, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

like you said ppl take diff fatwas and accept the one they like, thats wrong. ppl should accept the fatwa that is in accordance wit Quran & sunnah.

also nowadays ppl have their favorite scholars and jus follow them, which again i think is wrong:D we sud b more open minded and accept the view which is in accordance with sharia:D

good post thou
jazak allah khayran brother

and you are right in what you said but i will add that muslims should take into consideration the following hadeeth that came in both Bukhary and Muslim:

Narated By An-Nu'man bin Bashir : I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from these suspicious things saves his religion and his honor. And whoever indulges in these suspicious things is like a shepherd who grazes (his animals) near the Hima (private pasture) of someone else and at any moment he is liable to get in it. (O people!) Beware! Every king has a Hima and the Hima of Allah on the earth is His illegal (forbidden) things. Beware! There is a piece of flesh in the body if it becomes good (reformed) the whole body becomes good but if it gets spoilt the whole body gets spoilt and that is the heart.

In addition, we all know what the Quran said about the prophet (P.B.U.H):

Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire. (53.3) it is naught but revelation that is revealed to him (53.4)
&
With clear arguments and scriptures; and We have revealed to you the Remembrance that you may make clear to mankind what hath been revealed to them, and that haply they may reflect. (16.44)
&
Whoever obeys the Messenger, he indeed obeys Allah, and whoever turns back, so We have not sent you as a keeper over them. (4.80)

Hemoo
04-13-2007, 10:42 PM
It is so bad when I hear some people and scholars denying an authentic Hadeeth even if it is in Sahih Bukhary & Muslim, although the specialized scholars of Hadith such as IBN HAGGAR AL-ASKALANY said in his book of explaining the science of Hadith “the Muslim scientists have agreed to accept the authenticity of their books (the books of Bukhary & Muslim)”

So here are some authentic Hadeeth that has been wrongly denied by some scholars (sheikh yusuf alQaradawi rejected the following hadith’s only by his opinion in some of his books):

First Hadith in sahih Muslim:

Chapter: He who died with unbelief would be (thrown) into the Fire, intercession would be of no avail to him and the relationship of his favourites would not benefit him.

Anas reported: Verily, a person said: Messenger of Allah, where is my father? He said: (He) is in the Fire. When he turned away, he (the Holy Prophet) called him and said: Verily my father and your father are in the Fire.

Second Hadith in both Bukhary and muslim:

Narated By Abu Said Al-Khudri : Allah's Apostle said, "On the Day of Resurrection Death will be brought forward in the shape of a black and white ram. Then a call maker will call, 'O people of Paradise!' Thereupon they will stretch their necks and look carefully. The caller will say, 'Do you know this?' They will say, 'Yes, this is Death.' By then all of them will have seen it. Then it will be announced again, 'O people of Hell !' They will stretch their necks and look carefully. The caller will say, 'Do you know this?' They will say, 'Yes, this is Death.' And by then all of them will have seen it. Then it (that ram) will be slaughtered and the caller will say, 'O people of Paradise! Eternity for you and no death O people of Hell! Eternity for you and no death."' Then the Prophet, recited:

'And warn them of the Day of distress when the case has been decided, while (now) they are in a state of carelessness (i.e. the people of the world) and they do not believe.' (19.39)

That is enough for today...

However, it is useful to mention that basically to judge on a certain Hadith you must have a good knowledge of the ISNAD Science.

And definitely Imam Bukhary and Muslim did have a very good knowledge on the various sciences of the Hadith.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
04-14-2007, 01:14 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&
format_quote Originally Posted by hemoo
......he (the Holy Prophet) called him and said: Verily my father and your father are in the Fire.

can u pl. explain this hadith more ? I don't know what others said about this hadith ---it's very confusing to me :confused:

Prophet's father was an idol worshippers ???? If not , why he will go to hell ? What about Ma Ameena ?? Is she going to hell, too ?
( may Allah forbid )

Is it allowed for us to say , Allah knows best which specific person will go to hell unless his/her name is mentioned in Quran as a sinner ?

Hemoo
04-14-2007, 02:54 PM
Look sister,

I and you don't know the biography of both the father and mother of the prophet (P.B.U.H) so I can only say what the prophet says and you can refer to the books of explanation of the hadith for more knowledge.

So here are two hadith said by the prophet and they are mentioned in Sahih Muslim:

1-
Anas reported: Verily, a person said: Messenger of Allah, where is my father? He said: (He) is in the Fire. When he turned away, he (the Holy Prophet) called him and said: Verily my father and your father are in the Fire.

2-
Chapter: The Apostle of Allah (way peace be upon him) seeking permission from the Lord. The Exalted and High, for visiting the grave of his mother.

Abu Huraira reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) visited the grave of his mother and he wept, and moved others around him to tears, and said: I sought permission from my Lord to beg forgiveness for her but it was not granted to me, and I sought permission to visit her grave and it was granted to motel So visit the graves, for that makes you mindful of death.

So as Imam muslim said “intercession would be of no avail to him and the relationship of his favourites would not benefit him.”

Our religion does not allow that some one not to be punished after he kills or steals even if this man is related to the prophet because all Muslims are equal.

The prophet said:

Narated By 'Aisha : Usama approached the Prophet on behalf of a woman (who had committed theft). The Prophet said, "The people before you were destroyed because they used to inflict the legal punishments on the poor and forgive the rich. By Him in Whose Hand my soul is! If Fatima (the daughter of the Prophet) did that (i.e. stole), I would cut off her hand."

And we know that Abo Taleb (the prophet’s uncle) will be in hell because he refused to enter Islam even while he was dying.

And we can’t judge on any one to be in heaven or hell because there are no revelation comes to us but the prophet is infallible especially in what he says concerning Islam and the unknown future.

Finally, about Sheikh Yusuf AlQaradawi I would like to say to you that he is indeed a muslim scholar and after all he has good Islamic knowledge so my purpose from talking about him is that you be careful while listening to his lectures or reading his books and always try to get the Islamic knowledge from other scholars too.

Muslim Woman
04-14-2007, 04:49 PM

Salaam/peace ,

......I and you don't know the biography of both the father and mother of the prophet (P.B.U.H)

----errrr i know a little bit about them :hiding:

I never read about them that they were idol worshippers. So , if anybody believes that they won't go to hell , how it contradicts with Quran ????

Do u know , those who don't agree with this opinion that Prophet's parent will go to hell , what's their point ?

Is this opinion/hadith is found in Shahi Bukhari also ?

Hope , i m not irritating u much :nervous:

, about Sheikh Yusuf AlQaradawi I would like to say to you that he is indeed a muslim scholar and after all he has good Islamic knowledge so my purpose from talking about him is that you be careful while listening to his lectures or reading his books and always try to get the Islamic knowledge from other scholars too.

---ok , which Scholars fatwa do u recommend ? Do u have the link ?

NoName55
04-14-2007, 07:29 PM
hadeeth that came in both Bukhary and Muslim
I am not arguig about the rights and wrong of anyone's belief about who is hellboud or going to heaven. but I can't stand it when people just say hadith says this, bukhari say that, without actually giving book and hadith number. how can it be verified without a proper reference?

wa-salaam

Hemoo
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
first sister, any one who says something that contradicts with the saying of the prophet is indeed contradicting the quran because

in the quran translation :

the Quran said about the prophet (P.B.U.H):

Nor doth he speak of (his own) desire. (53.3) it is naught but revelation that is revealed to him (53.4)

and we could'nt have make the ablution or prayer or hajj ,etc without knowing the saying (hadith) of the prophet (P.B.U.H).

and i recomment to you these fatwa sites :
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/index.php?lang=E

http://english.islamway.com/ (good articles and audios)

and the muftis of saudi arabia are so good (as shiekh bin othaimen, bin baz, al elsheikh, also shiekh almunajid)

second brother :

this hadith is so well known between the scholars of islam and it is even mentioned in the 40 Nawawi

"Both legal and illegal things are evident but in between them there are doubtful (suspicious) things and most of the people have no knowledge about them"

and there is something in the computer world named search and find

so it is so easy for you to search for the hadith without having to read the whole book of bukhary and muslim (i always do that)

besides the numbering system of the hadith is different between a program and another so i can't give you an absolute number.

finally the two hadith of the mother and father of the prophet are in sahih muslim

one of them are in the book of funeral (mother hadith)

and the other is in the book of faith (father hadith)

Muslim Woman
04-15-2007, 01:34 AM

first sister, any one who says something that contradicts with the saying of the prophet is indeed contradicting the quran ]

..... how can we 100 % sure that Prophet (p) really said that ? To be a Muslim , is it a must for us to accept ALL Bukhari & Muslim Hadith ?

I don't think , expressing doubt about any specific hadith means contradicting with Quran .

[QUOTE]and i recomment to you these fatwa sites :

-----thanks a lot . Insha Allah , i will visit.

this hadith is so well known between the scholars of islam and it is even mentioned in the 40 Nawawi

---again this question comes in to mind: is it a must to believe in the 40 Nawawi ? ( for ignorant person like me , it's better if u explain why 40 Nawawi is so imp or if we are allowed to express doubt about any hadith even mentioned in it ).

thanks in advance

Ghira
04-15-2007, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE=Muslim Woman;714076]

..... how can we 100 % sure that Prophet (p) really said that ? To be a Muslim , is it a must for us to accept ALL Bukhari & Muslim Hadith ?

I don't think , expressing doubt about any specific hadith means contradicting with Quran .

and i recomment to you these fatwa sites :

-----thanks a lot . Insha Allah , i will visit.

---again this question comes in to mind: is it a must to believe in the 40 Nawawi ? ( for ignorant person like me , it's better if u explain why 40 Nawawi is so imp or if we are allowed to express doubt about any hadith even mentioned in it ).

thanks in advance

:sl:
I like this topic Hemoo I have a important comment. There are incorrect fatwas on jihad floating around that say give the weak hadith "the greatest jihad is to jihad nafs." It contradicts so many hadiths and ayahs of the Quran it is wrong.

To answer one of the question 'Muslim woman' asked:

The Quran and authentic Hadith have the same weight. The Quran ayah that reads "Indeed we have sent down the Dhikr (remembrance) and we will assuredly guard it from corruption."(Al Hijr:9) The scholars of Ahlul Sunnah wal Jammah agree that the Dhikr mentioned here is talking about the Quran AND the Sunnah of the Prophet (saw). Also in the Quran Allah (swt) says "Tell them (Oh Messenger of Allah) if you truly love Allah FOLLOW me and Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. Indeed Allah is forgiving, most merciful" So if Allah told us to follow his Messenger in the Quran he must give us the sunnah of the Prophet (saw) to follow. The ayah pertaining to this issue is numerous and if I find and write down all of them it will take a long time and I think you got the point. The Sunnah was collected by scholars of this Ummah who are as the Prophet said "Heirs of the Prophets". That is why one of the things he feared most for his ummah is "corrupt scholars". That is why the way that ignorance will prevail in the world is through the death of our scholars who pass on the authentic knowledge from generation to generation. I can go into further detail on this topic. The best book on this issue is called "The authority of Sunnah" by Jamal Zarbozo.

Hemoo
04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
jazak Allah khayran "Ghira" for your post

And sister Muslim woman:

It is not appropriate that any one goes around saying that this Hadith is wrong and that is wrong.

Only the big scholars of the Hadith science can verify the authenticity of the Hadiths

So it is not a pick and throw process

As you know that even in the Islamic sciences, there are many fields of specialization so the Fiqh scholars speak on fiqh and the hadith scholar speaks about hadith and so on.

It is so important to know that adding a fake hadith is like removing an authentic hadith

Because this will be like trying to alter and corrupt the real message of Islam.

Hemoo
04-16-2007, 10:07 PM
i also wanted to add that :

the same way that was used to preserve and transmit the Holy Quran to us was also used to transmit the sayings and traditions of the prophet (which is known as Hadith) and was also used with the Sunna books such as Sahih Bukhary & Muslim ,etc

Hemoo
04-18-2007, 12:25 AM
Sheikh Yusuf AlQaradawi has also gone against some of the hadith of the prophet and the Fatwa’s of the earlier scholars of Islam in the following issues:

1-in his book named (the Allowed and the prohibited) he said that if a man cuts his beard then it is not prohibited (haram) but it is only not preferred (makroh) and this fatwa is against the acting and saying of the companions and the four Imams and against what the prophet (P.B.U.H) said and did.

In both Bukhary and Muslim:

Narated By Ibn 'Umar : Allah's Apostle said, "Cut the moustaches short and leave the beard (as it is)."

2- some muslims say that the sheikh has also said that it is allowed for a woman to travel without a Mahram man (but I am not sure that he did say this fatwa) but here is the hadith of the prophet (P.B.U.H) concerning this issue :

in both sahih Bukhary and sahih Muslim:

Narated By Ibn Abbas : That he heard the Prophet saying, "It is not permissible for a man to be alone with a woman, and no lady should travel except with a Muhram (i.e. her husband or a person whom she cannot marry in any case for ever; e.g. her father, brother, etc.)." Then a man got up and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have enlisted in the army for such-and-such Ghazwa and my wife is proceeding for Hajj." Allah's Apostle said, "Go, and perform the Hajj with your wife."

So in this hadith the prophet said to the man to travel with his wife instead going with the army.

Also this hadith in sahih Muslim:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: It is not lawful for a woman who believes in Allah and the Hereafter to undertake a day's journey except in the company of a Mahram.

3- in one of his books he talked about the circumcision of the woman and he said that there is no evidence in the Quran and Sunna that it is an obligation or a desirable thing and that it is only an allowed thing.

and it is important to know that the Four mazaheb Imams has split in the state of waman circumcision to three verdicts (which are 1- it is an obligation 2- preferred 3- a noble trait) and here are some of the hadith in this subject:

in sahih Muslim ,book of Menstruation:

Abu Musa reported: There cropped up a difference of opinion between a group of Muhajirs (Emigrants and a group of Ansar (Helpers) (and the point of dispute was) that the Ansar said: The bath (because of sexual intercourse) becomes obligatory only-when the semen spurts out or ejaculates. But the Muhajirs said: When a man has sexual intercourse (with the woman), a bath becomes obligatory (no matter whether or not there is seminal emission or ejaculation). Abu Musa said: Well, I satisfy you on this (issue). He (Abu Musa, the narrator) said: I got up (and went) to 'Aisha and sought her permission and it was granted, and I said to her: O Mother, or Mother of the Faithful, I want to ask you about a matter on which I feel shy. She said: Don't feel shy of asking me about a thing which you can ask your mother, who gave you birth, for I am too your mother. Upon this I said: What makes a bath obligatory for a person? She replied: You have come across one well informed! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When anyone sits amidst four parts (of the woman) and the circumcised parts touch each other a bath becomes obligatory.
So this hadith shows that both the married man and woman are circumcised, and this is considered as the original state of every muslim.

Second hadith in both Bukhary and Muslim :

Abu Huraira reported: Five are the acts quite akin to the Fitra, or five are the acts of Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubes, cutting the nails, plucking the hair under the armpits and clipping the moustache.

and this hadith shows that it is recommended to do those acts of Fitra for both men and women.

4- It is good to mention that I have an audio record for sheikh yusuf alQaradawi in which he has said “may Allah have mercy on the latest pope (after he died) and may Allah COMPENSATE the Christians another better pope”

and of course many Muslim scholars has replied to what the sheikh Qaradawi said and one of them mentioned the oppressions that has been made on Muslims by the agreements of this died pope and some of his Anti-Islam attitudes.
And we have seen what did the new pope say about Islam.

5- He says that the music is allowed in Islamic laws and to reply on this Fatwa it is enough to mention the hadith of the prophet (P.B.U.H):

In Sahih Bukhary :

Narated By Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari : That he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.“

And it is also good to mention that the Four Mazaheb did say that the music is prohibited in Islam.

6- Also here are another wrong Fatwas given by him concerning the state of:

A) Drawing a human or animal (or anything with a soul) on papers and tableau is just a not preferred acting.

B) It is okay to congratulate the non muslims (such as christains) on their religious festivals (like Easter and Christmas)

C) In an Arabic magazine (named alraya). It mentioned that in an interview with the sheikh he said that he listens to songs by female Arab singers such as Fayrouz, Shadya and Om Kalthom.

So brothers and sisters in Islam I think that what I wrote is enough for giving the advice and warning the Muslims from doing what may lead to hell punishment.

Muslim Woman
04-18-2007, 04:17 PM

hemoo;716676][B].... some muslims say that the sheikh has also said that it is allowed for a woman to travel without a Mahram man (but I am not sure that he did say this fatwa)

--- i guess , u r talking about this fatwa.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...EAskTheScholar

Woman Traveling to Hajj Without Mahram.

....what was reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim from the hadith of `Ada Ibn Hatim that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) told him about the future of Islam and how its light will be spread throughout the earth. Among what he mentioned is: “The day is near when a young woman will travel from Al-Hira (a city in Iraq), going to the Sacred House with no husband accompanying her. She will fear none but Allah.”

This information does not only prove that this will happen, but proves its permissibility, because it was mentioned in a phrase praising the spread of Islam along with its sense of security.

It is incumbent upon us to look at traveling in our time. It is not like how traveling was in the past. It is no more filled with the dangers of the arid deserts, or awe of being encountered with thieves, highway robbers, etc. Now traveling is by various modern means of transportation that usually gather large amounts of people at a time, like ships, airplanes, buses, or cars that travel in caravans.

Thus, this provides plenty of confidence and reliability, removing feelings of fear for the woman, because she will not be by herself in any place.

Thus, in the light of the above, I see no objection to woman performing Hajj within such safe environment, which provides all the necessary security and contentment."

Allah Almighty knows best.

Hemoo
04-19-2007, 03:53 AM
jazaky Allah khayran sister for sharing this fatwa

first sister it is so important to differentiate between traveling for obligatory Hajj and other kinds of traveling.

but you have caused me to search in this issue a little further and i want you to read both those Fatwas from the islamqa site :

1-
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=81941&ln=eng&txt=wives%20Hajj

2-
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=3098&ln=eng&txt=woman%20three%20trav el

so after you read these Fatwas, you then can realize which is the real laws of islam. and the attitudes that pleases Allah the Almighty.

and i found another Fatwa with the title "Is it permissible in Islamic sharee’ah for a woman to be a ruler?"

here is the link :

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=20677&ln=eng&txt=woman%20three%20tra vel

i ask Allah to guide me and you and to increase our knowledge in islam.

Ameen

MustafaMc
04-21-2007, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Prophet's father was an idol worshippers ???? If not , why he will go to hell ? What about Ma Ameena ?? Is she going to hell, too ?
( may Allah forbid )
How is this hadith that Br. hemoo quoted different from the story of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) and his father in the Quran? I have read commentaries on these 2 ayat that who was referred to here was his uncle and not his father. They said that it was impossible for a prophet's father to be an unbeliever. Allah (swt) knows best, but I take the ayat literally.

Quran 60:4 You have an excellent example in Ibrahim (Abraham) and his companions. They said to their people plainly: "We are clear of you and your gods, whom you worship besides Allah. We renounce you. Enmity and hate shall reign between us forever until you believe in Allah, the One and Only God." But do not emulate what Ibrahim said to his father: "I will pray for your forgiveness, although I have no power to get anything for you from Allah." Their collective prayer was: "Our Rabb! In You we have put our trust, to You we turn in repentance and to You is our final goal.

Quran 9:114 Ibrahim (Abraham) prayed for his father's forgiveness only to fulfill a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of Allah he disassociated himself from him. The fact is that Ibrahim was tenderhearted, forbearing.

Ghira
04-21-2007, 02:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
How is this hadith that Br. hemoo quoted different from the story of Prophet Abraham (pbuh) and his father in the Quran? I have read commentaries on these 2 ayat that who was referred to here was his uncle and not his father. They said that it was impossible for a prophet's father to be an unbeliever. Allah (swt) knows best, but I take the ayat literally.

Quran 60:4 You have an excellent example in Ibrahim (Abraham) and his companions. They said to their people plainly: "We are clear of you and your gods, whom you worship besides Allah. We renounce you. Enmity and hate shall reign between us forever until you believe in Allah, the One and Only God." But do not emulate what Ibrahim said to his father: "I will pray for your forgiveness, although I have no power to get anything for you from Allah." Their collective prayer was: "Our Rabb! In You we have put our trust, to You we turn in repentance and to You is our final goal.

Quran 9:114 Ibrahim (Abraham) prayed for his father's forgiveness only to fulfill a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of Allah he disassociated himself from him. The fact is that Ibrahim was tenderhearted, forbearing.

To answer your question a person can make dua for your non-Muslim parents if they are alive. You can ask Allah to forgive, guide, help parents or any non-muslim who is alive. Once the person passes away you cannot make dua for Allah to forgive him because they died disbelieving in Allah and his Messenger (saw). The dua would be useless and you cannot make dua for them. In the case of The Messenger Muhammad (saw) his parents were dead and died as disbelievers from the previous hadith that Br. Hemo mentioned. In the case of Abraham (as) his parents were alive and he made dua for them.

MustafaMc
04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghira
To answer your question a person can make dua for your non-Muslim parents if they are alive. You can ask Allah to forgive, guide, help parents or any non-muslim who is alive. Once the person passes away you cannot make dua for Allah to forgive him because they died disbelieving in Allah and his Messenger (saw). The dua would be useless and you cannot make dua for them. In the case of The Messenger Muhammad (saw) his parents were dead and died as disbelievers from the previous hadith that Br. Hemo mentioned. In the case of Abraham (as) his parents were alive and he made dua for them.
Thank you for the clarification. That is my understanding as well.

ummzayd
04-21-2007, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=hemoo;716676]Abu Musa reported: There cropped up a difference of opinion between a group of Muhajirs (Emigrants and a group of Ansar (Helpers) (and the point of dispute was) that the Ansar said: The bath (because of sexual intercourse) becomes obligatory only-when the semen spurts out or ejaculates. But the Muhajirs said: When a man has sexual intercourse (with the woman), a bath becomes obligatory (no matter whether or not there is seminal emission or ejaculation). Abu Musa said: Well, I satisfy you on this (issue). He (Abu Musa, the narrator) said: I got up (and went) to 'Aisha and sought her permission and it was granted, and I said to her: O Mother, or Mother of the Faithful, I want to ask you about a matter on which I feel shy. She said: Don't feel shy of asking me about a thing which you can ask your mother, who gave you birth, for I am too your mother. Upon this I said: What makes a bath obligatory for a person? She replied: You have come across one well informed! The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When anyone sits amidst four parts (of the woman) and the circumcised parts touch each other a bath becomes obligatory.
So this hadith shows that both the married man and woman are circumcised, and this is considered as the original state of every muslim.

where is the evidence that ayesha ra or any other female companion was circumcised? if this had been the practice of the sahaba and indeed a sunnah, why did it die out, as most certaintly it is not a common or widespread practice amongst any except africans now?

jazakAllah khair for your efforts, I appreciate any response :)

Hemoo
04-23-2007, 03:08 AM
jazana Allah wa eyakum brothers and sisters.

concerning the evidence that ayesha ra or any other female companion was circumcised?

the evidence is that all arabs used to do it, circumcision was a common thing between them, it was a disgrace between them if a woman did not have circumcision.

and islam didn't forbid them from circumcising but stated that it is an act of rightious Fitra.

it is also good to mention that this process should be done with some regulations for it to beneficial and for preventing any injury.

and as for the second question

why did it die out?

well, it did not die out but there are many islamic laws which are being attacked by both some muslims and non-muslims and this is a normal thing to happen.

there will be always a struggle between right and wrong like what happened with the majority (if not all) of the prophets with their nations.

but the more you learn about the islamic laws the more you will know that there are many wrong acts which are common between muslims, so the act of ignorant muslims is not a good indication of the islamic laws.

thats why we need to learn from the sources and from the preserved texts which are Quran & Sunna.

if you observe the acts of muslims, you will find many of them swear by the prophet (they say "wennaby") wich means by the prophet or for his sake and this is totaly forbidden by the shariaa and the prophet himself said that " who ever swears by other than Allah then he has committed a sort of shirk (a minor polytheism)"

finally concerning the circumcision here are some good fatwas:

Circumcision of girls and some doctors’ criticism thereof
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=60314&ln=eng&txt=

the medical benefit of girl’s circumcision
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=45528

ummzayd
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
[QUOTE=hemoo;720929]jazana Allah wa eyakum brothers and sisters.

concerning the evidence that ayesha ra or any other female companion was circumcised?

the evidence is that all arabs used to do it, circumcision was a common thing between them, it was a disgrace between them if a woman did not have circumcision.

and islam didn't forbid them from circumcising but stated that it is an act of rightious Fitra.

it is also good to mention that this process should be done with some regulations for it to beneficial and for preventing any injury.

and as for the second question

why did it die out?

well, it did not die out but there are many islamic laws which are being attacked by both some muslims and non-muslims and this is a normal thing to happen.

there will be always a struggle between right and wrong like what happened with the majority (if not all) of the prophets with their nations.

Thank you for your reply brother but you said "the evidence is.." then provided no evidence just your own unsubstantiated statement.

There is no evidence that female circumcision in any form is required in Islam, no command of the Prophet pbuh, no evidence that females were included in the original covenant between Allah ta'ala and Prophet Ibrahim in the matter of circumcision and to portray female circumcision or non-circumcision as a battle of right and wrong seems very overdone.

As to your statement that female circumcision hasn't died out in the arab world I have arab relatives going back generations from traditional rural villages and they have no knowledge of this ever being a custom there. so where is female circimcision a common or widespread practice? Saudia? Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq? please tell me.

If you admit it is not (or no longer) common practice you cannot attribute this to it being 'attacked' by the ignorant.

Erundur
04-24-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

also nowadays ppl have their favorite scholars and jus follow them, which again i think is wrong:D we sud b more open minded and accept the view which is in accordance wit sharia:D

good post thou
How can you seriously type like that? I mean it has to get annoying at some point. :exhausted

Hemoo
04-25-2007, 05:30 AM
[quote=ummzayd;721798
Thank you for your reply brother but you said "the evidence is.." then provided no evidence just your own unsubstantiated statement.

There is no evidence that female circumcision in any form is required in Islam, no command of the Prophet pbuh, no evidence that females were included in the original covenant between Allah ta'ala and Prophet Ibrahim in the matter of circumcision and to portray female circumcision or non-circumcision as a battle of right and wrong seems very overdone.

As to your statement that female circumcision hasn't died out in the arab world I have arab relatives going back generations from traditional rural villages and they have no knowledge of this ever being a custom there. so where is female circimcision a common or widespread practice? Saudia? Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Iraq? please tell me.

If you admit it is not (or no longer) common practice you cannot attribute this to it being 'attacked' by the ignorant.
:sl:[/quote]

:w:

sister you didn't fully understand me

i meant that you can't consider an islamic law by just looking at the acts of general muslims because many muslims do wrong practices even in AQEEDA and belief so the laws of islam is taken mainly from the Quran & Sunna with the consideration of the Sayings of the Companions and the pious muslim scholar.

and i was generally talking about islamic laws when i said (the right and wrong) i didn't intent it to only be for the circumcision state.

i mentioned this hadith: (in both Bukhary and Muslim)

Abu Huraira reported: Five are the acts quite akin to the Fitra, or five are the acts of Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubes, cutting the nails, plucking the hair under the armpits and clipping the moustache.

this hadith obviously includes both men and women in those acts with the exeption of the clipping of moustache but both men and women should shave their pubes, cut their nails, at least shave the hair under their armpits, and they also should be circumcised .

and as i said earlier that the previous Imams and scholars has split in the state of waman circumcision into three verdicts (which are 1- it is an obligation 2- preferred 3- a noble trait)

so how can we accept that someone invents a new verdict,
does he have more knowledge than all previous scholars of islam or what ?.

i didn'y say that you must consider it being an obligation but at least consider what did the earlier pious scholars say.

concerning Prophet Ibrahim (P.B.U.H) we muslims are already following his steps as mentioned in the Quran :

003.095 (three translations)
YUSUFALI: Say: "Allah speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans."

PICKTHAL: Say: Allah speaketh truth. So follow the religion of Abraham, the upright. He was not of the idolaters.

SHAKIR: Say: Allah has spoken the truth, therefore follow the religion of Ibrahim, the upright one; and he was not one of the polytheists.

finally brothers and sisters in islam We shouldn't follow our desires and go against the the verses of the Quran and Sunna.

we shouldn't be ashamed from our perfect islamic laws in front of the non muslims
casue that is what is happening some muslims deny some of the islamic laws because they think it will not be acceptable by others.

we should only seek to be obedient to Allah alone.

Umm Safiya
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
The Shar'ee Stance on al-Qaradaawi

by Shaykh Abu Baseer at-Tartousi
Question

I have had this question for some time regarding Shaykh Yoosuf al-Qaradaawi, his books, thoughts and methodology. For in the beginning of my learning the Religion, I read some of his books and found them to be good. I was an Ikhwaanee at that time. But after a number of years my understanding and outlook increased, and I read much from the books of the righteous Salaf, where I found my direction that I had lost and Allaah Guided me to the Manhaj that I find to be true and the correct creed by which salvation is possible. During my searches on the website “Minbar of Tawheed and Jihaad” on the internet (Abu Muhammad’s website), I learned more and more about the Saved Sect and the major signs of the Victorious Aided Group, so I increased in my love and adherance to it. Everytime I read more pieces regarding Shaykh al-Qaradaawi, I realized the extent of his mistakes and what he had fallen into, most specifically in his understanding of democracy, freedom, and his position towards the rulers and Taaghoot, etc. But I also noticed that some people attack him with the harshest of labels, such as al-Kalbaawee (the dog), al-Jarbaawee (another mockery), and I heard an audio tape titled “Silencing the Barking Dog, Yoosuf al-Qaradaawi” [by Muqbil bin Haadi al-Waadi'i). Other labels included, al-Qirdaawi [i.e. the monkey], the deviant deviator, the scholar of deviance calling to the gates of Hellfire, etc.

So my question, if the Shaykh made mistakes, is it befitting of Ahl as-Sunnah wal-Jamaa'ah and those who call themselves Salafiyoon, the real ones and claimants, to swear about him, mock him, curse him, instead of opposing him and exlaining his mistakes in an academic soft fashion distant from accusations and attacks?!

My second question: What is our position as Muslims with regards to this Shaykh? Should we consider him a scholar who can be relied upon in his statements, and reject what is false? Or is he not befitting of such, but rather he is a deviant innovator? Does his innovation reach the level of sin or Major Kufr?

The third question: If the people of Ra’yi (opinions) differed with the people of Hadeeth, and they had differed from the longest of times, and permitted this difference, and were loving brothers, then why do we not permit it today and respect each other since the pure Shar' recognized such, like in the Hadeeth of Bani Quraythah? Isn’t this extremism, harshness, and exaggeration, like they claim?

Lastly, we hope from you, oh Shaykh to say a sufficient fulfilling word regarding this person so that we can be sure and certain in our position regarding him. May Allaah Bless you and Reward you the best of rewards.

Answer

All Praise to Allaah, Lord of the creation.

We don’t agree with using these sharp phrases mentioned in the question, whether with al-Qaradaawi or others. This is because a Muslim should not be one who curses, stabs, or swears. The Muslims should be better than this. But this does not prevent applying the Shar'i terms and rules, like declaring corruption or deviance or Major Kufr, etc., upon al-Qaradaawi for what he deserves, or upon others. This is the case if the person has some aspects which necessitate these labels and rules.

As for your question regarding the person of al-Qaradaawi:

I say: The man had a good beginning, and useful knowledge-based productions in the beginning stage of his educational and teaching life. But it is believed that later on he changed and retracted many of his views, and diverted a great divergence, unlike what we knew him to be in the beginning of his knowledge-seeking, and from what he's offered this religion. But actions are by their seals, and with what a man is sealed with, as is in the hadeeth, "Do not be over-impressed by a mans actions until you see with what he is sealed with, for a man may do good for all his life, had he died upon it, he would have entered paradise, but he changes and does what is bad," we ask Allah, the Most High, to keep us firm, and to grant us a good seal.

If you ask: How has he changed, and what has he replaced?

I say: His changing and replacing occurred in a number of ways and places

His closeness to the tawagheet and the oppressive rulers and his praise for them, and his defense of them; and this is well known about him, famous and is known by anyone who knows the least about this man!

He calls for democracy in its ideological shirki form, propagates it, and calls for the freedom of the apostate secularist parties and for allowing them to take authority in the land if the majority elect it, and we had replied to him on this point in our book, Hukm al-Islaam Fil-Demoqraatiyyah wat-Ta'adudiyyah al-Hizbiyyah [The Ruling of Islaam upon Democracy and Multi-Political Parties] in over eighty pages, which you could read and find out more about in particular.

It comes from his praise of the Rawaafid Shee'ah, his belittlement of our differences with them, his entering in their muwalaat [friendship, allegiance, etc], despite all that they commit from clear disbelief in the Book and the Sunnah and in their actions towards the companions of the Prophet, and other than it!

It comes from his pleas to leave the idols which were worshipped besides Allah in Afghanistan, submitting to the wishes and orders of the tawagheet who rule, who assigned him for this filthy task, that will always be considered a black spot in the life of this man, that cannot be cleansed except by deep regret, crying and repentance in front of the people!

It comes from his mockery of the Creator. He [al-Qaradaawi] is the one who stood on the pulpit on Friday, and said to the people, after he had praised the democracy of the accursed Israel, "Had Allah appointed himself to be elected, He would have not attained this number of votes"; i.e. 99.99% that is achieved by the Arab rulers.

When this statement was narrated to ash-Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen, he said, "This is apostasy," due to it incorporating mockery and the elevation of the creation over the Creator, "He must be asked to repent - to announce his repentance on the same pulpit that he made this disbelieving word of his - and if he doesn't repent, he is to be killed as an apostate." The Shaykh was correct in what he said, and this is what we say ourselves.

It comes from his making permissible what is known as prohibited by necessity in the religion of Allah:
· Like his permitting for a woman to sing in theatres and with the usage of music.
· [His permiting] of some of the prohibited commercial transactions, as came in the bulletin published by the European Committee for Verdicts and Research, that is lead by al-Qaradaawi, and in it came a summary of the advices that they reached in their second meeting, that was held in Ireland:

1. "The Committee permits the selling of alcohol and pork in the supermarkets that are owned by Muslims if there is a need to sell it, and the Committee states as a condition that those types of products are little in comparison to the general sales.

2. "The Committee declares it prohibited to sell alcohol in restaurants because it forms a large portion of the sales.

3. "The Committee permits the buying of homes, cars via banks and installments.

4. "The Committee permits the mixing of women and men in one place, like classes and lectures and the social gatherings, if done in accordance with the Shar'ee principles," and he considers the word 'free-mixing' to be new to Islaamic terminology.

5. "The Committee permits the eating of food that has little amount of prohibited ingredients, like pork and its fat, as long as it doesn't exceed 1%.

6. "The Committee stresses the importance of abiding by the laws of the country that one resides in.

7. "The Committee permits the participation in the local elections, as long as it benefits the Muslims".
I say: This is clear falsehood, where what is prohibited by Allah - by text and consensus - is permitted in unequivocal terms. They were all issued in the name of al-Qaradaawi, and with his signature and acceptance of it, and due to this, it has become commonplace in the European lands [to do the above], and there is no power or change except with Allah's help!

Due to these reasons and others, we say he has changed and replaced, permitted what Allah had prohibited, and fallen into the clear disbelief, and we do not see any obstacle from doing takfeer of him unless he repents openly and in address of the people, from all that has been mentioned of disbelief from this person, and is affirmed from him, and Allah knows best.

This judgement that we have issued here concerning this man is not a result of hastiness, or from the understanding of the extremists in takfeer, but rather it is after long comprehension in the obstacles, causes and results of doing takfeer, and after a long patient silence, after which we began fearing sinning by keeping quiet, especially since the fitnah of this man has become wide-spread and popular, and many have begun asking questions concerning him, his positions, statements and fiqh. So we found that it is necessary to express the Shar'ee ruling concerning this man, that we see, although [we understand] that this ruling may not be pleasing to a particular people who know nothing but partisanship to the man and his personality. And Allah is our account-holder and is best to rely upon.

If you ask: Why a public repentance?

I say: Because his announced his disbelief, and said the word of disbelief to the people, therefore he must repent and explain his repentance to the people, so that we recant this takfeer of him, and holding him as an apostate, as Allah, the Most High says: "Except those who repent, and do good, and explained [their repentance], then those I will forgive and I am the forgiving, the merciful".

As for your question regarding allowing love and closeness between Muslims regardless of these differences:

I say: This is needed and obligatory but when the difference is of a legitimate nature. This type of difference should not destroy the love that should exist between two brothers.

But if the difference is in the fundamentals and established principles, like Tawheed, the issues of Kufr and Eemaan, declaring Halaal the Haraam, or declaring Haraam the Halaal, from what is known by the necessity of faith, then this type of difference we cannot be silent about nor can love and respect remain to exist between the two opposing parties. So it is not like the first type of differences. Examples regarding this from the Sunnah and history of the Salaf are greater than being possibly gathered here in this answer.

And Allah knows best.

[Translator’s Note: This fatwa was issued before al-Qaradaawi’s appalling statements concerning the US crusade on Afghanistan, where he saw it permitted for a Muslim to join the US army and fight with it, as long as he is not on the front line! So ponder, dear brother, to level has this man reached in his misguidance! We ask Allah for protection for this ummah from this mans misguidances.]

Hemoo
04-26-2007, 05:43 AM
Jazaky Allah Khayran Sister "Umm Safiyah" for quoting this detailed Fatwa.

and i want to know the website of the sheikh Abu Baseer at-Tartousi and a biography about him to be able to get the good knowledge from his lectures and books.

and i hope that muslims accept the truth and be aware of the facts that can affect their Faith

i have heared a part of lecture of shiekh Yusuf alQaradawy and he was saying good things to expose the real faith of those Rafeda shiites.

so i hope that Allah guide him to what supports the real message of islam.

Hemoo
04-28-2007, 06:54 PM
and here is a Fatwa about the father and mother of the prophet (P.B.U.H)

Did the parents of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) become Muslim?

here is the answer :
http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=43045&ln=eng

Hemoo
05-02-2007, 11:58 PM
here is a good Question and its answer:

Does the command of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) mean that something is obligatory?

the answer here http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=72242&ln=eng

also about the men cutting their beards :

the Ruling of islam on shaving the beard.

http://islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1189&ln=eng&txt

and here is the full text.(note what did Imam Ibn Hazm Say)

---------------------

Ruling on shaving the beard

Question:
What is the ruling on shaving the beard or removing part of it?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.
Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.” There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo’: “This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis].”
Is it haraam (to shave it)? Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The Qur’aan, Sunnah and ijmaa’ (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the kuffaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside. Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians.” According to another version: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad) ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/133

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.