/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tsunami in future?

Khaldun
01-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Assalamu Alykum

A very good friend of mine told me that the tsunami in asia caused the world to spin a bit faster and it tilted 2 degrades more then it used to....and he was telling that what if in the future a even bigger tsunami would accour cause the whole rotation of the world around its axle to go opposite side.... causing the the sun to raise from the opposite side!

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until the sun rises from the West: and when the people see it, then whoever will be living on the surface of the earth will have faith, and that is (the time) when no good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
01-04-2005, 12:55 PM
:sl:

Indeed -- Subhana'Allah,

"Scientists believe that a shift of mass toward the Earth's center during the quake caused the planet to spin 3 microseconds faster and to tilt about an inch on its axis."

Source
:w:

root
01-04-2005, 03:53 PM
We should not get too carried away with the earths rotation of axis and speed. Since it is only a probability and not fact, and the figures are too miniscule to record any changes.

What is interesting though is that the risk of the tsunami was known, was probable and known many years ago but none of the countries effected had any system in place. Citing, the lack of money to finance such a system. Since the wave took 4 hours to cross the ocean and in reality quite a small tsunami, how many lives would have been saved. This fair criticism in particular is asked upon India.

It's good to hear that the British prime Minister has called upon other leading countries to cancel the debt's of the effected countries which ammounts to nearly 3 billion dollars. About time too I would say.

Though the biggest threat is not from within, but in the vast's and coldness of space that could deliver a truly cataclismic tsunami

Khaldun
01-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Peace

Stating a thought/opinion is not getting "carried away" dear root, and I would expect some one like you to know this :)

However its intresting to see in the ways you think, so what do you think was the reason why not more drastic actions were taken?? If not by the underdevelopeed country why not at least by the more better of countries?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
root
01-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Stating a thought/opinion is not getting "carried away" dear root, and I would expect some one like you to know this
No, not at all. I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

However its intresting to see in the ways you think, so what do you think was the reason why not more drastic actions were taken?? If not by the underdevelopeed country why not at least by the more better of countries?
I would hardly call a Nuclear capable country "Underdeveloped". and other countries seen the danger here and took steps to put a warning system into place. India too considered it but found it to be too expensive at 10 Million Dollors, rising to 20 million to have good communications with populations in remote areas.

Afterall, with an annual increase on India's defence budget rising over 5 consecutive years from 14 Billion Dollars annually to nearly 18 Billion. Does questions not have to be asked to India why they turned down a tsunami warning system, and the lives it could have saved by issueing warnings, hours before it actually hit?

Though I do not in anyway, be-little the devestation caused and the cost to human life!

Khaldun
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Peace

you misunderstod what i meant...when i said underdeveloped i meant, not as developed as other countries in the west such as U.S.A France etc.

And you managed to leave my question un answered :)

root
01-04-2005, 09:37 PM
so what do you think was the reason why not more drastic actions were taken?? If not by the underdevelopeed country why not at least by the more better of countries?
I pesonally, as my original post expressed wonder why India had not put such a system in place when it was Aware of the dangers, those same dangers that the majority of countries have in place. And if this answer is based on the 20 million, why they failed to act, or indeed find the money since they have spent a sizeable ammount on "Defence".

If your suggesting why did the "Developed" countries do something. Why would you expect that?

Khaldun
01-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Peace

Why would you expect that?
No I am agreeing with you on this, it just goes to show how the world works 'tis sad but true

tawbah
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
:w:

Among the major signs of the Hour will be three such events, as described in the hadeeth of Hudhayfah ibn Usayd (may Allaah be pleased with him), according to which the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The Hour will not begin until you see ten signs… (including) three events where the earth swallows up, one in the East, one in the West, and one in the Arabian Peninsula." (Reported by Muslim, 18/27).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.