/* */

PDA

View Full Version : got bad chest pain..not enough to clarify it as heart attack

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:30 PM
:cry:

all day today ive had this bad chest pain, on the left side....almost to easy to say that its deffinetly my heart.:cry: the chest pain comes and goes evry half an hour or so and i would describe it as a very very sharp pain. it feels like a blade cutting into my heart.

after the sharp pain a little numbness or weakness follows in my left arm.:cry: no im not hallucinating, its definetly happening. i dnt no why, but i dnt think its serious enough to go to the A&E or phone a doctor. it just dsnt seem like a heart attack or anything...but it sure feels like a heart condition.

my sisters were telling me, its probably a lung infection....but i dnt think its my lungs. i just know it. because the pain dsnt come with me breathing in and out...but with my heart beat.:cry:

im scared....and more because its worse now...but i always get these pain every 5-6months or so. i know i should have visited the doctors by now. but i didnt because everytime it only lasted half the day.

what shall i do ? its easter sunday....and bank holiday 2mrw...i feel bad going to the hosp....incase its nothing...& they could use their time on ppl with worse condition. their probably short of staff...i dnt want to hassle them.:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Hana*
04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
The amount of time it took to type what you did...you could have been at the emerg. That's what it's there for. We can't help you on the net, sister. Go to a dr.

Hana

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
:sl:

Oh no, sister! I will pray Dua for your condition..you can phone NHS direct 24 hours about your condition and they will tell you what to do..or they might tell you to go to the hospital because it sound serious..

I bet it is where your heart has problem..not lungs..I know about it

May Allah Ta'ala heals your illness!

:w:

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:39 PM
yeah i think ill phone them for a appt on tuesday.

the only problem these pain go by a day or so...

if it dsnt go tomorrow...i might visit the A&E....

i hope i dnt need any blood tests...im not to keen on them...

gp's are pointless really....hey wnt take me seriously...they'll think im only 20 so why would i have a heart condition? i dnt want to be shamed up..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
04-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Well if you have sharp chest pains and the pain follows onto your left arm, thats one of the symptoms of a heart attack

I don't wana scare you sister!

May Allah (Swt) ease your pain! Ameen.

But you need to see a doc ASAP.

Get well soon :)

Peace.

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
The amount of time it took to type what you did...you could have been at the emerg. That's what it's there for. We can't help you on the net, sister. Go to a dr.

Hana
i dnt feel this is enough to go emerg 4. its not a continous pain...plus i dnt wana worry my family.

make dua for me inshaallah

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Oh no, sister! I will pray Dua for your condition..you can phone NHS direct 24 hours about your condition and they will tell you what to do..or they might tell you to go to the hospital because it sound serious..

I bet it is where your heart has problem..not lungs..I know about it

May Allah Ta'ala heals your illness!

i was looking for nhs direct today...do u no the number?

its 0845 ????:?

afriend
04-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Don't be silly...this is not about being shamed up. Heart conditions can become fatal over time.

Have you been involved in any strenuous exercise that could have strained your heart muscles?

Or, have you been eating enough food throughout the day? Sometimes the heart become weak due to lack of glucose sources in the body.

Or it could be LBD...Either way, you should go into A&E!

NHS direct: 0845 4647

*Hana*
04-08-2007, 10:43 PM
I will make dua for you sister, of course, but your family would be far more upset if you didn't have it checked and it turned out to be serious.

Sister, age doesn't matter. My father had heart problems in his teens. Go to Emerg. and let them decide what the problem is.

Wasalam,
Hana

جوري
04-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Dear sister... did you not suffer a grievous loss just yesterday with the death of a beloved family member? I think you have been through quite a bit of an emotional upset.

I'd advise you to call 911 or equivalent in England I believe it is 999? Meanwhile just sit down try to breathe using your abdominal muscles no more than 12 to 14 breaths a minute (deep breaths not shallow ones) and take an Aspirin... put it under your tongue until it dissolves... Pls don't take an Aspirin if you are less than 14 years of age... Drink a glass of water and just concentrate on your breathing a bit... if still unwell in the next 10 minutes than call the emergency service in your country...

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
Well if you have sharp chest pains and the pain follows onto your left arm, thats one of the symptoms of a heart attack

I don't wana scare you sister!

May Allah (Swt) ease your pain! Ameen.

But you need to see a doc ASAP.

Get well soon :)

Peace.
no sister...dnt worry...i get this so often..& ive thought about that too...

i no its time to visit the gp...i cnt till tues...bank holiday mon...

and its not too severe to call it an emerg and hassel the emrgency dept i dnt think

thanks

afriend
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
Dear sister... did you not suffer a grievous loss just yesterday with the death of a beloved family member? I think you have been through quite a bit of an emotional upset.

I'd advise you to call 911 or equivalent in England I believe it is 999? Meanwhile just sit down try to breathe using your abdominal muscles no more than 12 to 14 breaths a minute (deep breaths not shallow ones) and take an Aspirin... put it under your tongue until it dissolves... Pls don't take an Aspirin if you are less than 14 years of age... Drink a glass of water and just concentrate on your breathing a bit... if still unwell in the next 10 minutes than call the emergency service in your country...
No wait aspirin could have an undesired affect...Don't resort to medication unless instructed by your doctor :eek:

It's 999 btw lol

barney
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
The Forums cant really help with medical problems. What you have sounds like Angina, a constriction or blockage of the vessels to the heart. It's treatable with medication, but whatever it is, you need to get down to the hospital and get it checked out As Soon As Possible.

Forget about bothering the Doctors. Its their JOB.
If you are English, the Doctors will probably be attending to drunks so your condition is more important.

As for worrying your family, they will be more worried if a treatable illness goes untreated because of fears of upsetting them. Get down there and get it treated. Sorry if this sounds blunt, but it's important.

Best wishes

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM

In most people, the most common symptom of coronary artery disease is the type of chest pain called angina, or angina pectoris. Angina usually is described as a squeezing, pressing or burning chest pain that tends to be felt mainly in the center of the chest or just below the center of the rib cage. It also can spread to the arms (especially the left arm), abdomen, neck, lower jaw or neck. Other symptoms can include sweating, nausea, dizziness or lightheadedness, breathlessness, or palpitations. Sometimes, when coronary artery disease causes burning chest pain and nausea, a patient may mistake heart symptoms for indigestion.

There are two types of chest pain related to coronary artery disease — stable angina and acute coronary syndrome.

Many people with coronary artery disease, especially women, do not have any symptoms or have unusual symptoms. In these people, the only sign of coronary artery disease may be a suspicious change in the pattern of a test called an electrocardiogram (EKG), which records the heart's electrical activity. The test can be done at rest or during exercise (exercise stress test). The stress test is able to detect the problem in the coronary artery because exercise increases the heart muscle's demand for blood. The body can't meet this demand when the coronary arteries are significantly narrowed. In areas of the heart affected by narrowed coronary arteries, the heart muscle starves for blood and oxygen, and its electrical activity changes. This altered electrical activity is reflected in the patient's EKG results.

If the problem is not discovered, the first symptom of coronary artery narrowing may be a heart attack. A person who has a heart attack has a 15%chance of dying before receiving medical attention.

Possible tests include:

An EKG — An EKG is a record of the heart's electrical impulses. It can identify problems in heart rate and rhythm, and it can provide clues that part of your heart muscle isn't getting enough blood.

Blood test for heart enzymes — When heart muscle is damaged, enzymes leak out of the damaged muscle cells into the bloodstream. Elevated heart enzymes suggest a heart problem.

An exercise stress test on a treadmill — An exercise stress test monitors the effects of treadmill exercise on blood pressure and EKG and can identify heart problems.

An echocardiogram — This test uses ultrasound to produce images of the heart's movement with each beat.

Imaging test with radioactive tracers — In this test, a radioactive material is injected and is taken up by the heart muscle, which helps certain features show up on images taken with special cameras.

A coronary angiogram (a series of X-rays of the coronary arteries) — The coronary angiogram is considered the most accurate way to measure the severity of coronary disease. During an angiogram, a thin, long, flexible tube called a catheter is inserted into an artery in the forearm or groin and then is threaded through the circulatory system into the coronary arteries. Dye is injected to show the blood flow within the coronary arteries and to identify any areas of narrowing or blockage.

• Quit smoking.
  • Eat a healthy diet.
  • Reduce your high blood LDL cholesterol ("bad cholesterol").
  • Reduce high blood pressure.
  • Lose weight and exercise to prevent diabetes.

Hope it is correct for your condition, InshAllah!

جوري
04-08-2007, 10:50 PM
ASA could have potentially bad side affect if she is young enough to develop (reye syndrome)-- I think she just listed she is 20? one low strength 81mg ASA will not have a bad side affect at her age unless she is known to have allergies to it.. and might actually alleviate her symptoms.... I doubt very much it is a heart attack. I can't DX anyone over the net without a thorough exam and History but her age group it is a complete rarity to develop a heart attack.. furthermore I know the dear sister has been through quite alot recently with the death of a young female family member...

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

Don't be silly...this is not about being shamed up. Heart conditions can become fatal over time.

Have you been involved in any strenuous exercise that could have strained your heart muscles?

Or, have you been eating enough food throughout the day? Sometimes the heart become weak due to lack of glucose sources in the body.

Or it could be LBD...Either way, you should go into A&E!

NHS direct: 0845 4647
no not been exercising for some time now...and actually i ate lunch at 8pm today...late i know...but my routines changed lately.

thanks for the nhs direct...i will call them lator if i need to. i think i'll take their advice 1st.

thanks for ur advice

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
I will make dua for you sister, of course, but your family would be far more upset if you didn't have it checked and it turned out to be serious.

Sister, age doesn't matter. My father had heart problems in his teens. Go to Emerg. and let them decide what the problem is.

Wasalam,
Hana
ok...i think i will have to visit them..

thanx

afriend
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
ASA could have potentially bad side affect if she is young enough to develop (reye syndrome)-- I think she just listed she is 20? one low strength 81mg ASA will not have a bad side affect at her age unless she is known to have allergies to it.. and might actually alleviate her symptoms.... I doubt very much it is a heart attack. I can't DX anyone over the net without a thorough exam and History but her age group it is a complete rarity to develop a heart attack.. furthermore I know the dear sister has been through quite alot recently with the death of a young female family member...
:ooh: hey sister...are you doing medicine too? :D What level are you studying at the moment?

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 10:57 PM
^^ yeah...pure''' and right''' are very ....mmm....seems like they're docs!

ok...pains gone for now...but left arms numb....ive typed this msg with one hand

جوري
04-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I am at an internship level-- how about you?
Anyhow I think we are hijacking the sister's thread, I hope she is doing better now Insha'Allah

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 10:59 PM

your pain might coming back...don't take pain killers because they not working good!

You have do something very quick before take to worse.

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia;708112[B
]Dear sister... did you not suffer a grievous loss just yesterday with the death of a beloved family member? I think you have been through quite a bit of an emotional upset. [/B]

i did loose some1 close yes2day....ur right...but ive had this condition about a yr now....todays just been the worst..

thank for ur advice above...actually i was looking for asprin 2day....i work in a surgery...so i recalld some pt's like this...but didnt have the guts to take it

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Anyhow I think we are hijacking the sister's thread, I hope she is doing better now Insha'Allah
no sis...i got as much advice as i needed..u can discuss ur achievements...i dnt mind...lol

ok....if th sharp pain comeswithin the hour..ill call nhs direct....numbness aint going though...

afriend
04-08-2007, 11:04 PM
:-[ Yeah...Insha'Allah.

And I'm at no official level...i'm still in school :-[ But my dad lent me his 'Clinical Medicine - Kumar and Clark 3rd edition' Book....It's pretty good. I'm trying to master it before uni level :D Wish me luck!

جوري
04-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I am sorry for your loss dear sister... I understand it has been a difficult year... If you have had this pain for a year you should check it out. just to get a clean bill of health...

Any PT. that presents with chest pain here in the U.S receives (MONA)
morphine, oxygen, nitroglycerin and Aspirin... until they run some tests to rule out other causes... so I was hoping you'd take in some nice deep breaths and an Aspirin-- until you check this out--which I hope you will!

I think you'll be alright now Insha'Allah---

I hope I can take my leave of absence already --I have said my goodbyes a thousand times lol

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 11:06 PM

Hope it won't scare to you but I will be honest!

Seek emergency help immediately if you have chest pain, even if you think that you are too young to be having heart problems. In patients whose chest pain signals heart attack, prompt treatment can limit heart muscle damage.

You should not waste precious time hoping that your chest pain disappears. About 15% of people having a heart attack die soon after chest symptoms begin and never reach the hospital alive.

Take a break every ten minutes and get the boold flowing. Do shoulder stretches and rotation type exericses. If it hurts stop. It is neither normal nor healthy.

Make sure you are not collapsing the left arm against the rib cage. you should have a space in the arm pit zone.

جوري
04-08-2007, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
:-[ Yeah...Insha'Allah.

And I'm at no official level...i'm still in school :-[ But my dad lent me his 'Clinical Medicine - Kumar and Clark 3rd edition' Book....It's pretty good. I'm trying to master it before uni level :D Wish me luck!

well... I don't believe in luck, but I believe in hard work.. and I believe when you commit yourself insha'Allah you'll make it. So get off the forum and go study lol

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:07 PM
^^^ thanks sis....& all.....im off now...i'll let u guys no if anything happens...

btw...even if the sharp pain goes...shall i visit my gp?

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by deen_2007
^^^ thanks sis....& all.....im off now...i'll let u guys no if anything happens...

Yes sister, of course! Very very important! Better safe than nothing!

:D

afriend
04-08-2007, 11:10 PM

yeah, they'll run checks for you...Just to be on the safe side.

All the best insha'Allah.

well... I don't believe in luck, but I believe in hard work.. and I believe when you commit yourself insha'Allah you'll make it. So get off the forum and go study lol
:D Insha'Allah :p

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:11 PM
ok...thaks all again...& bye 4 now....

chacha_jalebi
04-08-2007, 11:12 PM
sister put ya hand on the pain and recite

"aoothu billahi wa qudratihi min shari ma ajidu wa uhaa thiru"

thats the pain for dua in hadiths,

but 1st get to DRs or go to A+E thats 24 hrs and u get a free ride :D in a ambulance

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 11:12 PM
ok...thaks all again...& bye 4 now....

May Allah Ta'ala sents many many blessings be upon you!

Allah Hafiz!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
sister put ya hand on the pain and recite

"aoothu billahi wa qudratihi min shari ma ajidu wa uhaa thiru"

thats the pain for dua in hadiths,

but 1st get to DRs or go to A+E thats 24 hrs and u get a free ride :D in a ambulance

You just missed her and same as me!

:-[

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:14 PM
^^^ LOL...i wanted to leave...but iread ur msg...couldnt help but reply...struggled with my left hand too.....

a free ride...made me laugh...nah couldnt do that...others =might have a more need for it....besides...the royal london hospital is just 10mins walk away from wer i liv....

thanks for the dua...i needed that

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
^^^ LOL...i wanted to leave...but iread ur msg...couldnt help but reply...struggled with my left hand too.....

a free ride...made me laugh...nah couldnt do that...others =might have a more need for it....besides...the royal london hospital is just 10mins walk away from wer i liv....

thanks for the dua...i needed that
Shoo shoo LOL..you need to rest big time!!

Allah Hafiz!

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:16 PM

You just missed her and same as me!

:-[

no u didnt...look im using both my hands to reply to u...cos sis today u hav been so lovely to me...may allah reward you for ur effort & all obove....

ok...bak 2 one hand....c ya:w:

deen_2007
04-08-2007, 11:17 PM
pk bye all.....bye....

FatimaAsSideqah
04-08-2007, 11:18 PM
no u didnt...look im using both my hands to reply to u...cos sis today u hav been so lovely to me...may allah reward you for ur effort & all obove....

ok...bak 2 one hand....c ya:w:
Aww sister thanks you! No problems..if you have any problems then we will be here! :D

May Allah Ta'ala sents blessings and mercy be upon you!

Allah hafiz

chacha_jalebi
04-08-2007, 11:19 PM
theres more ways to be thankful lik hittin that green button on my post:p na jokin shokin:D but seriously sis get it checked out. all the best

Snowflake
04-09-2007, 01:20 AM
The pain you describes isn't a heart attack hun. God forbid, a heart attack causes crushing pain the middle of the chest. Only in Bollywood does it occur on the left :p

But what you describe still needs to be checked out as it could point to God forbid, a heart problem like angina. With angina, pain can occur on the left side of the chest and radiate to shoulder, arm, jaw and throat. Long lasting pain should always be checked out. I pray it's nothing serious. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala keep you healthy and safe. Ameen.

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 07:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
theres more ways to be thankful lik hittin that green button on my post:p na jokin shokin:D but seriously sis get it checked out. all the best
i run out of rep power yes2day...u can check ur rep now! :D #

alhamdullilah...i used the dua u gave...& the pain eased away yes2day late night....i feel normal today :) ...but still im going to visit my gp tomorow...thats if i can get a appt first! :rollseyes ....(gp's eh?)

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
The pain you describes isn't a heart attack hun. God forbid, a heart attack causes crushing pain the middle of the chest. Only in Bollywood does it occur on the left :p

But what you describe still needs to be checked out as it could point to God forbid, a heart problem like angina. With angina, pain can occur on the left side of the chest and radiate to shoulder, arm, jaw and throat. Long lasting pain should always be checked out. I pray it's nothing serious. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala keep you healthy and safe. Ameen.
salam sis...ur right i knew its not a heart attack hence it says it in my title...:D ....but im worried becos i get it so often...& it cud be any heart condition...ur right i will get it checked out with my gp....

its best i notify them of the condition so its on my record.....god forbid i might need it lator....

thanks all for ur support

FatimaAsSideqah
04-09-2007, 07:21 PM
i run out of rep power yes2day...u can check ur rep now! :D #

alhamdullilah...i used the dua u gave...& the pain eased away yes2day late night....i feel normal today :) ...but still im going to visit my gp tomorow...thats if i can get a appt first! :rollseyes ....(gp's eh?)

I am pleased to hear that you come back and you are feels better! Alhamdullilah! Hugs, sister..

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 07:22 PM

I am pleased to hear that you come back and you are feels better! Alhamdullilah! Hugs, sister..

aww...thanks sister...u wer one of the ppl who made me feel a lot better yes2day...hugs back...:statisfie

FatimaAsSideqah
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
aww...thanks sister...u wer one of the ppl who made me feel a lot better yes2day...hugs back...:statisfie

Aww sister..no problem! Hey also thanks be to Allah Ta'ala as well..:statisfie

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 07:27 PM
^^ yep..i thanked him a lot...

noodles
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I know I'm very late to advise you in any situation, yet I will continue to do so whenever I find the time, because god knows I could've been eating noodles yesterday whilst you were suffereing (No joking matter)

Most likely case, it is Angina. Here is an article for you to differentiate between heartburn, Angina, lung problems etc.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/...na_WhatIs.html

Perhaps you need to do a blood test to check your cholesterol. I find that a lot of people find they have these health problems after an attack happens.

I had cholesterol problem when I was 13 years old, and that's saying something. Alhamdulillah, I took precautions while eating and limited myself to the Doctor's recommendations.

If you notice that you have an irregular heart-beat, then that is one sign that an attack is going to follow.

Anyway, that is the advice my family doctor gave me and I've been taking precautions ever since.

I hope this informations helps in someway or the other for you. If not may others benefit from it.

(I find that copying and pasting articles usually makes the person who is following the posts, ignore it. So perhaps if people must post articles, then maybe they should Bold, Italicize or Underline the important parts)

Phoenix CG
04-09-2007, 07:54 PM
you're not anemic are you? You might want to get that checked otu.

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noodles
I know I'm very late to advise you in any situation, yet I will continue to do so whenever I find the time, because god knows I could've been eating noodles yesterday whilst you were suffereing (No joking matter) LOL...joker

Most likely case, it is Angina. Here is an article for you to differentiate between heartburn, Angina, lung problems etc.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/...na_WhatIs.html

Perhaps you need to do a blood test to check your cholesterol. I find that a lot of people find they have these health problems after an attack happens.

I had cholesterol problem when I was 13 years old, and that's saying something. Alhamdulillah, I took precautions while eating and limited myself to the Doctor's recommendations.

If you notice that you have an irregular heart-beat, then that is one sign that an attack is going to follow.

Anyway, that is the advice my family doctor gave me and I've been taking precautions ever since.

I hope this informations helps in someway or the other for you. If not may others benefit from it.

(I find that copying and pasting articles usually makes the person who is following the posts, ignore it. So perhaps if people must post articles, then maybe they should Bold, Italicize or Underline the important parts)
aww...thank you bro for posting ...thanks for the link...i'll have a look at it..insha'allah
yep i gota see the doc tomorow...hope he/she takes me seriously....
:exhausted

angina?....looks like a lot of ppl have described that....what im thinking is...if my pains eased off now...have they got chance of tracing it now? :?

....get back to me once u've finished eating ur noodles..:D

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Phoenix CG
you're not anemic are you? You might want to get that checked otu.
no...im not...im sure...cos im not over or under weight..

overall i think i need a big blood test...oh no! i hate them :blind:

H4RUN
04-09-2007, 09:40 PM

Sharp pains on left side aka heart side, but not enought to say its a full on heart attack?...Seems just like the kind of situation i was going through last summer..
I used to get frequent pains near the 'heart' region... and one time, i had major major sharp pains for no reason that i knew of...just out of the blue knife stabbing pains..One time at night about 2am it was so extreme i couldnt do anything, just lay in bed pressing against my chest trying to somehow block the pain, i shouted for help but i think the others were in deep sleep or i just couldnt shout loud enough....

For a moment i thought this may be 'my time'.. when i breathed it did not help the cause, so if i stopped breathing it would mean less pain...I could not bare the pain, it was just excruciating....Alhumdulillah i survived that night all alone...

I was told to get it checked out from a friend before, but i just couldnt be bothered, after that night i made my mind up, it had to be done....After some checks from the GP i found out what was the matter...Alhumdulillah i did not have any heart condition of any sort:) It could have just been caused by damaged or bruised internal tissues...The kind of thing that can happen when just playing around with mates, ie hitting each other for fun lol...Or whilst doing some physical stuff like rugby...

and erm here i am to get on some people nerves 10 months down the line:)
So it may not be a heart condition sis..im assumin you havent seen the doc yet....or have you?

Peace

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 09:55 PM
^^ brother harun....im very happy for you...im happy it didnt turn out to be something major...thanks to allah

yes...ive learnt by creating this thread that im not the only one with sharp pain in my chest...near my heart...and ive also learnt that it could be something major as well as something minor too.....what ever it is..ive learnt ...i need to get it checked out...

just pray for me all....lets see when i can get to see the dco...hope they take me seriously....im actually going to force them for a blood test referral....otherwise they'll tell me it gastric or something...cos they'll just wana get rid of me,,,,,

جوري
04-09-2007, 09:55 PM
Anemia -- has positively nothing to do with being over or under weight-- that is a misconception... Aside from that you can have a bazillion causes of Anemia including:
Iron deficiency anemia <<< the most common cause.
Sickle Cell Anemia
Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia
Pernicious anemia
Thalassemia <<< my nephew has this
Microcytic hypochromic anemia - Aplastic anemia - Hemolytic anemia - Sideroblastic anemia
Anemia of chronic disease...
--the brother here actually raises a very important point... Someone in your age group can have a very plausible cause for anemia -- refer to number one..Can you think of at least one way you might be losing blood? (I am sure you can!) If it is severe enough -- it can in fact cause heart problems -- as Anemia reduces the amount of oxygen the blood carries, so that the heart must work harder to provide the same amount of oxygen to tissues. So you can't really rule out or attest to a particular cause until you actually have it checked out... I am willing to bet that you are neither suffering from Angina nor a heart attack.. unless you have history of Familial hypercholesterolemia-- with several members dropping dead in their twenties...
I find even valvular disease to be more plausible than a heart attack at this stage-- and the possibility of any of them in you are remote -- but no one can sit here diagnosing you or speculating.. you still need to go run some tests...
Also--BTW heart attacks in young women,diabetics and the elderly are usually silent --
you can even just have a bad stomach cramps that will mimic a heart attack--gas severe enough it can press on the diaphragm and give you refered pain in the shoulders and the arms through the phrenic nerve - so what is the point of everyone passing an opinion if you don't go confirm it with a professional? You see how the possibilities are endless? and some of them very harmless?

I am sure they will take you seriousely.. if they don't they can lose their license.. at least that is the case her in the U.S...

wassaalaam
Hope you are feeling better.. the next time I see a reply to this thread in my mail box-- it will be with some good news Insha'Allah

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 10:00 PM
thanks for that pure'''(sory forgot the rest) ....omg..thanks for clarifying amnesia.....ok ill note that to my doc too....

loosing blood...erm no i cnt think of any,....

anyway sis...thanks for all the help....(i havnt forgotten the rep...)

جوري
04-09-2007, 10:10 PM

loosing blood...erm no i cnt think of any,....
Women lose 0.6 mg of iron per day through menstruation. an estimated 25% of women lose up to 0.9 mg of iron through menses.
The most common cause of iron deficiency anemia is through menstruation...

I am not suggesting it is what you have.. I am suggesting that common things are common and rare things are rare.. a young lady in her twenties is more likely to be iron deficient than in a heart attack....
So go get the million dollar workup... come tell us how you fare

:W:

Annie
04-09-2007, 10:32 PM
salams sis
you should definetley get it checked out, from my experience never ignore it,just take my advice and inshallah il make dua for you
wasalam

Snowflake
04-09-2007, 10:49 PM
salam sis...ur right i knew its not a heart attack hence it says it in my title...:D ....but im worried becos i get it so often...& it cud be any heart condition...ur right i will get it checked out with my gp....

its best i notify them of the condition so its on my record.....god forbid i might need it lator....

thanks all for ur support
awww mashaAllah.. ur back safe and sound! :statisfie

lol I know it was in the title but just wanted to erase any doubts.. cuz I'm so caring :p

I've been to A&E 6 times with suspected heart attack (severe chest pains)! ;D

The last time I had an ECG the doctor said, well if I wanted to show my students a perfect ECG, I'd show them yours! rofl :haha:

needless to say I haven't been back since

P.S. Don't delay getting checked out if you don't get any pain for a while. Still do it, inshaAllah.

deen_2007
04-09-2007, 11:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
awww mashaAllah.. ur back safe and sound! :statisfie

lol I know it was in the title but just wanted to erase any doubts.. cuz I'm so caring :p

I've been to A&E 6 times with suspected heart attack (severe chest pains)! ;D

The last time I had an ECG the doctor said, well if I wanted to show my students a perfect ECG, I'd show them yours!
rofl :haha:

needless to say I haven't been back since

P.S. Don't delay getting checked out if you don't get any pain for a while. Still do it, inshaAllah.
omg..if u can go 6 times and come out happy as ever...i have no barriers to stop me now!

weldone..on ur ECG....:thumbs_up ....thanks sis...for being so caring...:p

Hawa
04-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Hope you've been to the Doc by now!
A few years ago (I was 18) I had similar symptons, it all started with a sharp pain, kind of like the one Brother Harun described, only I passed out from the pain (in school of all places) and when I regained consciousness my left arm was swollen, I went to a "Doctor" who told me I had angina (funny how a lot of people have mentioned it in here!).

I went to another Doctor for a second opinion and he said I had a lung infection (lol someone else mentioned that in here), so off I went to yet another Doc who said I had a heart condition...after a million tests I just gave up..
I learnt to ignore the pain and alhamdulillah haven't felt it in years..

Moral of the story, never mind what the quacks say!

On a serious note though, go see a Doctor, just don't believe what they tell you. Hope I haven't confused you any further :)
May Allah make everything easier for you.

Al-Zaara
04-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Asselamu aleykum,

I hope too you've been to the doctor by now. :)

I have had similiar pains, not too extreme. My pain didn't last too long, just a couple of seconds. I went to the doctor they couldn't find anything, they were assuming this may be 'cause of stress. Alhamdulillah haven't had it in a couple of months, so maybe it's over by itself, maybe it was stress.

I'm going to the doctor soon again inshaAllah, and ask about this one more time.

Maybe you are stressing? If so, take a nice break. :D InshaAllah, you'll soon be fully recovered.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.