/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping duas

akulion
04-09-2007, 04:42 AM
I am going to bed :)

Salam alaikum and see you all tomorrow or whenever I visit again...

With this I pronounce the official "goodnight thread open!"

( I have a feeling next post is gona be a mod saying and I pronounce it closed - lol )

Anyways so...before I go I would like to know what are some good duas to say at night before you sleep?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Malaikah
04-09-2007, 05:01 AM
:sl:

Good night!!!

I'm not a mod. :D

I know of some, but I don't know how they go... sorry. You can read ayatul kursi but that isn't a dua. :X

------
04-09-2007, 09:47 AM
:salamext:

‘When retiring to his bed every night, the Prophet (S) would hold his palms together, spit in them, recite the last three chapters of the Qur’aan and then wipe over his entire body as much as possible with his hands, beginning with his head and face and then all parts of the body, he would do this three times.’

The Prophet (S) also said: ‘When you are about to sleep recite aayat-ul-kursiyy till the end of the verse for there will remain over you a protection from Allaah and no devil will draw near to you until morning.’

The Prophet (S) also said: ‘Whoever recites the last two verses of Suurah Al-Baqarah at night, those two verses shall be sufficient for him.’
[Al-Baqarah (2): 285-286]

Other dua's can be found here, Insha'Allâh, along with the arabic of the dua's:

Source: Remembrance before sleeping

Hope that helped.

The Ruler
04-09-2007, 09:51 AM

Allahumma bismika amuutu wa a7yaa'.

Oh Allah! In Your Name do I die and (in Your Name) do I live.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
------
04-09-2007, 09:53 AM

Yup, thats also a good du'a :D

Pk_#2
04-09-2007, 10:36 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

What happens when you sleep??
------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------
Allah says in the Quran: It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death; and those that die not (He takes) during their sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back (from returning to life), but the rest He sends (to their bodies) for a term appointed. Verily in this are Signs for those who reflect." Quran, Chapter 39 verse 42 This means: every time you sleep, Allah takes your souls, amongst many other souls he takes during sleeping. Then Allah decides who is going to be given another chance. For those who are blessed with another chance, Allah will permit their souls to go back to their bodies, the rest he keeps back from returning to life i.e. they die. This means: each time you go to bed you should never be sure you will get up again, you ONLY have 50% chance for coming back to life. This means: each time you go to bed you should be prepared for your hereafter. This means: when you wake up the next day you should appreciate how lucky (blessed) you are. And say "Blessed be the one who returned my soul to my body, and granted me another chance". This is what Rasulullah SAW used to say when he woke up. This means: when you wake up the next day you should make sure you utilize the new day as much as you can before sleep time comes, in case the new day you are living is the last chance you are given.

------
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM

‘The Prophet (S) never used to sleep until he had recited Suurah As-Sajdah and Suurah Al-Mulk.’

Source

Musalmaan
04-10-2007, 07:37 AM

1. last (2 or 3) ayahs of surah baqrah.
2. surah aal-e-imran last verses from "inna fi khal qis samawaati .." ayah # 190 && 191. (it wld be good to complete it till end. dua hi dua)
3. the first ten and last ten ayah of surah kahaf.
4. surah Alif Laam Meem sajdah in 21st parah.
finally
5. surah Mulk.

(and it is also good to read surah yasin the heart of Quran if its not that tiring too)

Ayat-ul-Kursi, 33-33-34 times Alhamdulilah Subahnallah AllaahuAkbar, three time last 3 Quls each are also v. beneficial and takes 2 mins time.

cute123
05-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Jazaikhair all of u

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.