/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Huffadh al-Wahyain ['Memorisers' of the 2 Wahy's]

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-09-2007, 05:07 PM
:sl:

Just saw this post on another forum and thought I'd share here too:
I also take this opportunity to shed light on the website & forum Huffadh al-Wahyain ['Memorisers' of the 2 Wahy's] www.alwhyyn.net/vb where there is an online dept. and structured academic courses for memorisation of the Book of Allaah 'azza wa jall and Ahadeeth [Namely Bukhari and Muslim].

This forum has mashaa'Allaah produced generations of huffadh and is extremely popular (and successful!). A sister mentioned that they might come up with an english section soon bi'ithnillaah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mawaddah
04-11-2007, 12:51 PM

Masha'allah! The site looks realllllllly good, Jazakallah Khair!

Abu Thabit
01-13-2008, 06:32 AM
W'Salam

brothers and sisters, all I know that the forum mentioned above they use a method in memorizing called NLP - Neuro-linguistic programming -

and theres alot of debate between the scholars about this method, whether its permissible or prohibited, but many scholars said that its probihibited check this link (its in arabic though)

http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Articl...rticle_id=1411

Ibn Abi Ahmed
01-13-2008, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Thabit
W'Salam

brothers and sisters, all I know that the forum mentioned above they use a method in memorizing called NLP - Neuro-linguistic programming -

and theres alot of debate between the scholars about this method, whether its permissible or prohibited, but many scholars said that its probihibited check this link (its in arabic though)

http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Articl...rticle_id=1411
:w:

That's the first time I've heard of NLP, can you please briefly explain it (what it is, how does it work etc) and if possible, translate some of what is in the link?

Jazakallah Khayr

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Thabit
01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
W'salam 'Ubaydullah,

insha-Allah, to make a long story short brother, its a psychotherapy programme that makes you believe in your inner mind, and that you save everything in your inner mind, and stimulate your inner mind because later whatever you dreamt of or thought of will come into reality throughout your innermind .. got it? I dont think so :D

well heres a translation of some of the fatwa's in the link provided above:

Sheikh Muhammad Saleh Munajjid said:

"What kind of comfort (or relaxation) that the followers of the NLP and other methods aim for by leading the Muslims into its maze? relax .. dream .. and imagine! then when you wake up next day for work, and when you're going to face reality, all of the dreams and imaginations are gone!! are you making fun of yourself?!! what kind of nonsense they are sayin .. surely its a mind tragedy .. "

Dr.Wahba Az-Zuhaily said:

"Those means are illusionary and even if it had some good results, and its prohibited to depend on it and use it either by imagination or action, the only source of the unseen is Allah alone, and whosoever depends on those bewitchments has disbelieved in Allah and the revelation, as it is said in the authentic hadeeths about the magicians and so on"

try to find more about it if you want to so you can avoid it,

in the end I would like to say, its not the way of our Salaf in memorizing the Qur'an, they memorized it step by step, by understanding it, and carving it inside their hearts, because memorizing the Qur'an without understanding it and working with its content, is a huge problem, this way it will be against you not for you.

and may Allah guide us all to whats best for us

:w:

doorster
01-07-2009, 04:32 PM
@Abu Thabit so believing in oneself and using all of one's mind (including subconscious parts) is against Islam? vow I've "learnt" something new today

@Abu Sayyad, jazakAllah khair but This Account Has Been Suspended

do you happen to know a new address? wa salam alaikum
__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Al-Asbab al-Mu’eena `alaa Hifdh al-Qur’an (Methods, which Aid in the Memorisation of the Qur’aan)

Qur'an Memorization Forum

Ummu Sufyaan
01-13-2009, 08:19 AM
@Abu Thabit so believing in oneself and using all of one's mind (including subconscious parts) is against Islam? vow I've "learnt" something new today
reread the post, and quit letting your "anti Munjjid attitude" get the better of you<---sincere advice.

IceQueen~
04-13-2009, 07:36 AM
The website itself seems excellent. They emphasize on knowing tajweed before they let you memorise with them, and they advise you to incorporate all the daily adhkaar from the sunnah into your life, to preserve your wudu', do du'ah to Allah, have husn-Dhann with Allah, and have pure intention, keep away from sins.

A few things they mentioned (discovered through modern research) is that your memory is not dependent on the number of braincells but rather the 'connection' (sorry I don't know the English scientific terms).
The size of your brain does not affect your intelligence or memory and that the number of possible 'connections' is so huge, your memory is almost limitless. Your brain can handle millions of pieces of info in a second.

The proof they use from the Quran is the ayah where Allah says "And we taught Adam the names of everything"

They mentioned that there are so many names etc that even if we were to live 1000yrs and were to read these names without stopping our life would be over before the names ended.

So that's some of what they say. Also remember the memory of Imam Shafii- if he had a book open in from of him and wanted to memorise one page had to cover the other or he'd memorise that too- such was the power of his memory.

Allah knows best.

IceQueen~
04-13-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.alwhyyn.net/vb/showthread.php?t=17781

apparently they claim they are NOT and do NOT use NLP^

Al-Hanbali
05-18-2011, 02:32 PM
As-Salamu `Alaykum,

Does anyone know what happened to this website...and also, what techniques they employed for memorisation (particulary for the hadith books)?

JazakAllahu Khayr.

islamic.teacher
12-12-2013, 04:00 PM
بارك الله فيكم

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!