/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hang in There!

NoName55
04-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Asian & Yiddish proverbs
Western Quotations:
Hang in There!

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Most of us, swimming against the tides of trouble the world knows nothing about, need only a bit of praise or encouragement - and we will make the goal.

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

If you're going through hell, keep going.

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn.

The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

We acquire the strength we have overcome.

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known.

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold. They believe that when something's suffered damage and has a history it becomes more beautiful.

I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.

When it is dark enough, you can see the stars.

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.

When written in Chinese the word "crisis" is composed of two characters - one represents danger and the other represents opportunity.

It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line.

That some good can be derived from every event is a better proposition than that everything happens for the best, which it assuredly does not.

The soul would have no rainbow had the eyes no tears.

Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.

Adversity is the first path to truth.

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Fortune knocks but once, but misfortune has much more patience.

Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents which, in prosperous circumstances, would have lain dormant.

There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire, which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which kindles up, and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core of strength within you that survives all hurt.

God uses suffering as a whetstone, to make men sharp with. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.

Problems are only opportunities with thorns on them.

God gave burdens, also shoulders.

Man performs and engenders so much more than he can or should have to bear. That's how he finds that he can bear anything.

We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.

The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than in growing with them.

It is foolish to tear one's hair in grief, as though sorrow would be made less by baldness.

I have woven a parachute out of everything broken.

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!

Mishaps are like knives, that either serve us or cut us, as we grasp them by the blade or the handle.

Rock bottom is good solid ground, and a dead end street is just a place to turn around. ~Buddy Buie and J.R. Cobb,

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.

Count the garden by the flowers, never by the leaves that fall. Count your life with smiles and not the tears that roll.

But ne'er the rose without the thorn.

God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them.

Never give in... never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force... never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.

You must be at the end of your rope. I felt a tug.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.