/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New atheists in the woods....

ranma1/2
04-10-2007, 12:44 AM
Hi,
I hope to have several lively discussions here. I have previously posted at another islamic forum but its pretty empty these days.
www.forumofislam.com

To let you know I describe my self as both an agnostic and atheist.

As an atheist
I believe its possible to know "as well as anyone can" that a particular god doesnt exist.

And if your willing to give me evidence for your god i will happily evaluate it and suffecient evidence i will belive, lack of evidence and I will not. So far I have found no gods to belive in.

I would say that with current evidence I know the christian, muslim, jewish, egyptian, pink flying unicorn, GFSM, norse greek and romans, hindu, gods, dont exist.

And I would contend that almost everyone is a atheist to one degree or another.
I just so happen to believe in at least one less god than they do.

What I mean by that is that you probably dont believe in hindu or native american or other religions do you?

The existences of a "creator" is unimportant to me. If something created us, wether is was an alien named Bob or some supposed higher being, holds no value to me. I think that it is impossible for their to be a "perfect being" because perfection is a human concept that is often self contradictory and conceptual, --- . "if your curious im a sucker for redheads and british / austrailian accents"

If you ask me to prove that god doesnt exist. I will in turn ask you to prove that flying pink sock stealling unicorns dont exist. Its not my job to prove the non-existence of something. It is pretty much impossible to prove the non-existence of something. "If you can prove the non-existence of my pink unicorn let me know."

I describe myself as angostic in that i dont know and I admit the possiblity in that lack of knowedge.
But that is only in so much that I accept that it is possible for a Giant Pink Flying Unicorn could exist in as much as god. "It is a possibility, but not bloody likely"

Well heres my quick intro, hope to be run over the coals soon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
04-10-2007, 12:51 AM
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
i think the following disqualifies you for the honourable label of agnostic.
I would say that with current evidence I know the christian, muslim, jewish, egyptian, pink flying unicorn, GFSM, norse greek and romans, hindu, gods, dont exist.
but that's a discussion for later and for elsewhere.

ranma1/2
04-10-2007, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
[MOUSE]welcome![/MOUSE]
i think the following disqualifies you for the honourable label of agnostic.
but that's a discussion for later and for elsewhere.
That goes into the the concepts of knowledge and belief.
As i stated earlier I am both an atheist and an agnostic.

E'jaazi
04-10-2007, 04:19 AM
Welcome, and may Allah give you guidance.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
04-10-2007, 06:46 AM
"New Atheist in the woods"?

Why "woods"? :exhausted

ranma1/2
04-10-2007, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
On a serious note, you should understand that you can't start of by insulting our belief if you're trying to have serious discussions with the Muslims. First impression really counts, and you didn’t take advantage of it.

-SI-
Sorry if you felt insulted but i was explaining my beliefs. By the same logic anyone that explains why they hold their beliefs are insulting others.

As I said I apologize.

ranma1/2
04-10-2007, 06:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
"New Atheist in the woods"?

Why "woods"? :exhausted
they are dark and scary...

north_malaysian
04-10-2007, 06:55 AM
Ranma 1/2 - you can change gender too like that ranma on Animax? :okay:

ranma1/2
04-10-2007, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Emir Aziz
see what did I tell you? ALL OF THEM think we want to kill Non-Muslims to get virgins.all of them.and if not all the majority.most of them think its a religious obligation.
all of them? nope not me. One reason I am here is to learn more about islam and if you felt offended by that comment i apologize. Now if you care to explain the origin of the 72 virgins I would be happy to listen.

For the most part I was commenting that even if i had insentive to go for one god over another I wouldnt becuase I dont believe in god/s.

'Abd al-Baari
04-10-2007, 09:43 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forums, May the guidance of Allah be upon you

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Welcome to LI.
Enjoy your stay...
Peace..

Al_Imaan
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.