/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Making a non-profit Muslim website: Need a webmaster who can make homepage for free

Philosopher
04-10-2007, 04:44 AM
:sl:

I am making a website that will be about Islamic history. I plan to make this website very extensive, comprising over 1000 articles on Islamic history. The purpose behind my website is to educate Muslims and non-Muslims about the history of Islam based on unbiased research based on experts in this respective field.

I have enough money to buy the hosting and domain. I need help just making the homepage, and I need any Muslim webmaster to help me with the homepage only. Unfortunately I have no extra money to pay the webmaster, so basically this is a volunteer effort. Remember, this is a nonprofit project and this my intention is to promote appreciation and understanding of Islamic history.

Basically, I need help forming a concept map for the homepage, like this site:

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/

If interested, I will PM you more details.

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
siFilam
04-10-2007, 04:54 AM
:salamext:

I don't have the answers u need but I have few questions 4 u. first of all did u change your info, b/c I had no idea that u were a Muslim.

Second question,

format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher
history of Islam based on unbiased research based on experts in this respective field.

Thanks!
how do u plan to do that? I mean what type of sources will u use to make sure its unbiased.

And May Allah make it easy for you and reward your efforts. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Philosopher
04-10-2007, 06:08 AM

1.) After debating with fellow philosophers in my Philosophy club, I really started doubting the existance of God since they put foward very valid arguments.

For the past couple of days, though, I realized that I was being misguided and that Islam is the true path.

2.) Most of my sources will be books from http://islamicbookstore.com/books-hi...h-century.html.

I will also include books by Western scholars like Bernard Lewis. Finally, I will use all books on Islamic history available in my university library, written by authors with degrees in Islamic Studies like John Esposito. I will includes the ups as well as the downs of events in Islamic history.

siFilam
04-10-2007, 09:19 AM

1.) After debating with fellow philosophers in my Philosophy club, I really started doubting the existance of God since they put foward very valid arguments.

For the past couple of days, though, I realized that I was being misguided and that Islam is the true path.
Alhamdulilah. May Allah keep all of us firm on His Deen. Ameen.

2.) Most of my sources will be books from http://islamicbookstore.com/books-hi...h-century.html.

I will also include books by Western scholars like Bernard Lewis. Finally, I will use all books on Islamic history available in my university library, written by authors with degrees in Islamic Studies like John Esposito. I will includes the ups as well as the downs of events in Islamic history.
May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

oK, I'm done being nosy. you can go back to work.

wasalam
-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
04-10-2007, 09:41 AM

There are some good sources to get started with a web page. I would suggest using one or two of the free sources. Use them to get yourself a domain name and a free hosting account. Use the online page editors.

Play with it design your page then when you feel comfortable with it publish it to the web. If you like what you see you can upgrade to a paid account and get even more tools to use and no banner ads.

Here are 2 host sites I used in the past. I did some fairly nice sites using them even prior to knowing HTML or having any webmaster experience.

Try one or both, Jump in and get your feet wet.

Here are 2 I found to be the most helpful for a newbie webmaster with no experience and no knowledge of HTML, FTP. Msql, Domain, Hosting, Editing etc. They really are helpful to the no budget newbie.

Bravenet.com I found them to be outstanding. Plus they have numerous applets, tools etc. that you can also use on other sites if you decide not to use them as your domain host.

http://www.bravenet.com/

Freewebpages.org is also very good. It does not have all of the free tools that Bravenet has, but you can use bravenets tools on it. It is more designed for students. The page templates are easier to use and are quite attractive.

http://www.freewebpage.org/

Keep in mind the draw back with free accounts is you will have banner ads and pop-ups that you have no control over.

But, these are a great way to learn and if you get something worthwhile, they can be upgraded

Tania
04-10-2007, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would like to ask if Bravenet offers the email facility :? I hosted my site on awardspace but they don't let the fill out forms to send data toward my email.

Woodrow
04-10-2007, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I would like to ask if Bravenet offers the email facility :? I hosted my site on awardspace but they don't let the fill out forms to send data toward my email.

On the paid version they have it. I used to have 500+ email addies with them and I was able to redirect to any addy of my choice.

I just did this homepage on bravenet in less then one minute. This is the free version. It will allow me to have up to 5 pages that will be in the indes on the left and unlimited use of tools such as a forum, chat box, hit counter, etc.

http://woodrow.bravehost.com/

Their paid version does not come cheap. If what you actually want is a forum check the bottom of the homepage for this forum. This is one of the best forum hosts available.

Woodrow
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I currently do not have any active websites up, nor do I intend too.

These were just the hosts I used in the past and was pleased with.

Philosopher
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Woodrow!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.