/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fathers in Islam???

------
04-10-2007, 03:29 PM
:salamext:

I've come across lots of hadiths about Mothers in Islam, but what about fathers in Islam?
What status are they given? Their responsibility, etc.?

Please provide some information.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
04-10-2007, 04:27 PM

I meant what about the love that a child is supposed to have for their father and the respect? Stuff like that...

Talha777
04-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Islam teaches kindness and utmost respect for both of one's parents, mother as well as father.

We have enjoined on man kindness to his parents: In pain did his mother bear him, and in pain did she give him birth. The carrying of the (child) to his weaning is (a period of) thirty months. At length, when he reaches the age of full strength and attains forty years, he says, "O my Lord! Grant me that I may be grateful for Thy favour which Thou has bestowed upon me, and upon both my parents, and that I may work righteousness such as Thou mayest approve; and be gracious to me in my issue. Truly have I turned to Thee and truly do I bow (to Thee) in Islam." (46:15)

Mother should be loved more than father, because when a man asked the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa salaam) whom to love, he answered three times the mother, than he said the father. This is because, as the Holy Quran has mentioned, the mother bears the child and gives him life. So even if one does not have a nice mother, he should still treat her with kindness and respect and be obedient to her, likewise with one's father. Respect of parents is something which contemporary society has turned its back on, and the result is that elderly people are living off of wlelfare, in retirement homes, and even homeless! Our parents raised us, fed us, clothed us and sheltered us. We must not turn our backs on them when they are in need, but we should give them provision like they gave us. Jazak Allah Khair.

------
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM

What kind of roles do fathers play in family? As in obviously they are fathers, but the love we should have for them and stuff...?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muj4h1d4

What kind of roles do fathers play in family? As in obviously they are fathers, but the love we should have for them and stuff...?
salaam

i would say that its the fathers role to protect and provide for the family, because in surah al nisa it says "men have been made protecters over woman, because they have more physical power" :D so its the fathers role to like look after his wife & children and provide for them and protect them, and also teach them islam and chill and play with them

by looking at the relationship of RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) with his daughter hadhrat Fatima (ra) you can get a idea of a fathers role, like when ever he saw her he would greet her, give up his seat for her and before and after her marriage he looked after her proper!

also looking at the sahaba, like Hadhrat Umar (ra) when hadhrat Hafsah (ra) used to annoy the Prophet (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) he went to her and said "dont annoy him, if you want anything ask me" so he showed he was protectin her, because she shouldnt annoy RasoolAllah (saw) and he could provide for her aswell! also again protectin the kids lol and having love for them, is shown when Hadhrat Umar (ra) during his khilafat, he dint wan anyone from his family to hold any positions in office, like governors or anythin and when people used to say to him, that his Abdullah ibn Umar (ra) was like heavy and good for the role of governor, he would say no, because "its enough that one person from umars family gets asked by Allah (swt) how he ruled over people" mashallah :D, so this shows that he protected Abdullah ibn Umar (ra) bcos he didnt wan him to like hold a position just incase he made a mistake and he didnt wan his son, have to face Allah (swt) and answerin about leadin people!

alsoo you can look at the way RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalam) was wiht Hadhrat Hassan & Hussayn (ra) like they was his grandchildren, but he like was always playing with them, like when he would be in sujood, they would climb up on his back, and mashallah bless RasoolAllah (sal allah hu aleyhi wasalm) he so sweet, he would take longer in sujood, and when the people said to him, you should have removed them from your back, he said " i didnt want to deprive them of the pleasure and happyness they got from playin" mashallah, lol imagine nowadays they would beat the kid dry lol callin him a jinn or shaytan cos he disturbed someones salaah!! :p

so i would say that its a fathers role to provide and to protect and obviosly love them, and also teach them islam and play with them!! :D:D

- Qatada -
04-29-2007, 02:21 PM

We also know the famous hadith which people attribute to the mother init?

A man came to Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) asking “ O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man said “then who else?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man asked, “then who else?” The Prophet replied “Your mother” When the man asked for the fourth time, only then did the Prophet say, “Your father

( Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Pk_#2
04-29-2007, 03:05 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

The father of mankind :)

Hadith Qudsi 36:
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (PBUH), who said:

The believers will gather together on the Day of Resurrection and will say: Should we not ask [someone] to intercede for us with our Lord? So they will come to Adam and will say: You are the Father of mankind; Allah created you with His hand He made His angels bow down to you and He taught you the names of everything, so intercede for us with you Lord so that He may give us relief form this place where we are. And he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] - and he will mention his wrongdoing and will feel ashamed and will say: Go to Noah, for he is the first messenger that Allah sent to the inhabitants of the earth. So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] - and he will mention his having requested something of his Lord about which he had no [proper] knowledge (Quran Chapter 11 Verses 45-46), and he will feel ashamed and will say: Go to the Friend of the Merciful (Abraham). So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that]. Go to Moses, a servant to whom Allah talked and to whom He gave the Torah. So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that] - and he will mention the talking of a life other that for a life (Quran Chapter 28 Verses 15-16), and he will fell ashamed in the sight of his Lord and will say: Go to Jesus, Allah's servant and messenger, Allah's word and spirit. So they will come to him and he will say: I am not in a position [to do that]. Go to Muhammad (may the blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), a servant to whom Allah has forgiven all his wrongdoing, past and future. So they will come to me and I shall set forth to ask permission to come to my Lord, and permission will be given, and when I shall see my Lord I shall prostrate myself. He will leave me thus for such time as it pleases Him, and then it will be said [to me]: Raise your head. Ask and it will be granted. Speak and it will be heard. Intercede and your intercession will be accepted. So I shall raise my head and praise Him with a form of praise that He will teach me. Then I shall intercede and HE will set me a limit [as to the number of people], so I shall admit them into Paradise. Then I shall return to Him, and when I shall see my Lord [I shall bow down] as before. Then I shall intercede and He will set me a limit [as to the number of people]. So I shall admit them into Paradise. Then I shall return for a third time, then a fourth, and I shall say: There remains in Hell-fire only those whom the Quran has confined and who must be there for eternity. There shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said: There is no god but Allah and who has in his heart goodness weighing a barley-corn; then there shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said: There is no god but Allah and who has in his heart goodness weighing a grain of wheat; then there shall come out of Hell-fire he who has said: There is no god but Allah and who has in his heart goodness weighing an atom.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah).

------
04-29-2007, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

We also know the famous hadith which people attribute to the mother init?

A man came to Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) asking “ O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man said “then who else?” The Prophet said “Your mother”. The man asked, “then who else?” The Prophet replied “Your mother” When the man asked for the fourth time, only then did the Prophet say, “Your father

( Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Jazaak Allaah Khayr akhee, I know this hadith, but I was wondering if there is something similar Hadith for the father?

- Qatada -
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM

I think the basic thing is that parents is mentioned in many ahadith, so both are really important. However the area of the mother is really emphasised since she does quite alot for her children, and back in the days - people hardly respected women/females and treated them like property [which you inherit etc.] so it's even more encouraged for the mother in Qur'an & Sunnah.

Whereas guys usually used to remember their fathers anyway and respected them due to the fact that their father was a 'soulja' - thats why they remembered their forefathers so much, and reflected on their lives. So they already had that honor for them.

Anyway Allaah knows best.

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
erm sister you can use that hadiths of, that whatever man brings up daughters well, on qiyamah wil be close to RasoolAllah saw and he put his fingers together to show how close:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.