/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teachers: Supply Vs Full time

Durrah
04-11-2007, 03:30 PM
:sl:

Calling out all teachers :)

I'm thinking of doing a PGCE course after i finish my degree (probably in primary).

I'm wondering though, whats better, working as a supply teacher or working at one school, full time contract.

I've read some pros and con's about both but i wanted experiences from the teachers on LI and what they think and know.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noahs_arc
04-11-2007, 03:42 PM
im on a teacher training degree and have been on 3 school placements. when the calss teacher is out ofr extra training or whatever i can honestly say to you i feel sorry for the supply that walks in. honestly, if the normal teachers not in hell breaks lose. that little child in the corner who never says anything will be the first one swinging from the lights! lol

'Abd al-Baari
04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
:sl:

I'm not a teacher but the opposite-a student but i agree with sister noahs_arc because being a supply teacher you'd have to move around a lot and you get no control over a class as us students take supply teachers as a chance to have a doss. Also if you were a full time teacher it will be easier for you to get to know students

Sorry if this is out of place
Allah knows best

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.