Skywalker
04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
:sl:

Just read this.

:cry: :enough!:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Skywalker
04-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Any comments? I for one see this as extremely unfair and inhuman.

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 08:04 PM
:salamext:

subhaan Allaah.. they were brave men (the women also brave), and Allaah loves them inshaa Allaah. May Allaah grant them ease in this life and the the one to come, ameen.

wilberhum
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
I saw it yesterday.
I found it quite disturbing.
More information would be interesting.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Skywalker
04-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I've witnessed the situation a bit firsthand. My family and I are personal friends with the Bosnian embassy officials here in Egypt. They're forced to deny visas to husbands and fathers who are begging to visit their families in Bosnia but can't because their citizenships were revoked. They can't even get a touristic visa anymore. The Embassy officials here are just as outraged about this as everyone else, because they're the ones who have to look into the eyes of these men and tell them no.

Islam in Bosnia isn't all that great though from what I've seen. I think these people were really starting to make some positive changes over there, that's why the government saw them as a threat and went forward with issuing this law. I think their dreams of joining the EU are bliding them from what's right and wrong...and I doubt things will get any better, but you never know...

wilberhum
04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I think these people were really starting to make some positive changes over there, that's why the government saw them as a threat and went forward with issuing this law.
That makes no sence to me. What kind of "positive changes" are saw "as a threat"?

SATalha
04-12-2007, 09:31 PM
This is a sad piece of news. The men where willing to give their lives for Bosnia and knwo this happens. what a shame

Skywalker
04-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Positive changes in terms of making people more religious which would ultimately make them more forgiving and tolerant to their non-Muslim neighbours.

The government sees this as a threat because their ultimate goal is pure secularism, while at the same time they've been pacifying postive Islamic teachings in the country through an organization called the Islamic Union. I seriously see this organization as one of the reasons why the civil war broke out...but that's beside the point.

north_malaysian
04-13-2007, 03:10 AM
Imagine, if a country decide to invade Bosnia..... who will help them first?

Chechnya
04-13-2007, 02:53 PM
its surprising that islam in bosnia is still week even after the war

SATalha
04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
As with every other muslim country, the ones calling the shots are not realy islamic minded.

Skywalker
04-15-2007, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Chechnya
its surprising that islam in bosnia is still week even after the war
I was pretty surprised myself. Nationalism is a lot more dominant as a menatlity there than faith, and it looks like that's the way the government wants to keep it by expelling these people and denying them the right to come back.

Froggy
02-09-2010, 08:51 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8493855.stm

I found this interesting, I didn't want to start a new thread so I searched for Bosnia related topics.
I traveled to Bosnia a couple of times and I know a lot of Bosnians here, I wonder if there are any onboard LI, I'd like to hear their feelings about this and religious revival in general.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.