/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Frito Lay product haram

siFilam
04-12-2007, 01:09 AM
:salamext:
I received the following information in my email today. I knew that something was wrong with Cheetos and Doritos but I didn't know exactly what it was.
This is the content of email exlpaining y Frito Lay products r haram.

"I followed the advice of Sister Umm Nadeeya and called Frito Lay this morning; it appears that they are aware of her call, because they are now responding with the following message when asked about the enzymes utilized in the cheese flavoring of Cheetos and Doritos;

" We (Frito Lay) advise that if the eating of Pork or meat is against your religion that you abstain from the eating of Frito Lay brand Doritos and Cheetos. Because we (Frito Lay) does not know the source of the enzymes used in our products and we can not guarantee that the enzymes are not from animal origin"

Insha'Allah we will all curb our appetite for Cheetos & Doritos (personally I need to give up the Fiery Habanero Doritos), due to their "questionable" nature.

You may also choose to contact Frito Lay yourself:

http://www.fritolay.com

Call Us:1-800-352-4477
Monday - Friday
9:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Central Standard Time

Write To Us:Frito-Lay
P.O. Box 660634
Dallas, TX 75266-0634

Headquarters Main Number:972-334-7000 "

May Allah protect us from the haram. Ameen.

wasalam
-SI-

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Just as a sidenote...if you become stranded in the wilderness, you can use a frito corn chip like kindling. Try it sometimes, get a lighter and set a frito on fire, it will burn like wood.

Mawaddah
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
^ Serious?

siFilam
04-12-2007, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Just as a sidenote...if you become stranded in the wilderness, you can use a frito corn chip like kindling. Try it sometimes, get a lighter and set a frito on fire, it will burn like wood.
well, it must be useful for something. I'll remember that next I get stranded in wilderness.

-SI-

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
04-21-2007, 08:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi

Every time I have found my self stranded in the Jungles of Austin, I never had any Fritos with me.

You are right about that. I used to be a Volunteer Scout master and one of the things we always had kids include in their survival packs, was a bag of Fritos and for that very purpose to use them as kindling in rainy weather.

As to if they are halal to eat, I would say that depends on which plant they came from.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.