/* */

PDA

View Full Version : uptown engine???

Maarya
04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
:sl:

i recently downloaded limewire and after i did i kept getting pop-ups, even though i have McAfee anti-virus and have blocked pop-ups etc

i deleted limewire thinking it was that but it wasnt. weneva i open internet i get a pop-up/advertisment from uptown engine and i get a 'bubble' from windows telling me its from uptown engine...

i went into add/remove programmes and deleted it because thats what yahoo answers advised me to do, but its still here and its annoying me to bits!!! :enough!:

anyone know what to do??? how do i get rid of it???

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maarya
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
It's most likely that your computer has been infected with spyware/adware, run a search if you can with any spyware/adware checker...

I recommend you use Spybot Search and destroy and Lavasoft Adaware. Both are free to download :p

i'm in the middle of doing that now, with McAfee, if it doesnt work then i'll use one of the ones u recommmended, insh'allah

- Qatada -
04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
:salamext:

Yeah, thats the problem with limewire, once you install it - you get adware in your comp.

I think its illegal to use it aswell, and because we have youtube - we can listen to the stuff off there directly, and alhamdulillah because we don't listen to songs - we don't really need limewire anyway.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.