/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blair slams black gang violence

England
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Blair slams black gang violence

TONY Blair last night blamed black yobs for a recent spate of knife and gun murders — and urged their families to help sort out the problem.

He ACCUSED black parents of turning a blind eye to their lawless teenagers, saying families and communities had to speak out against gang mayhem.

And he WARNED it was dangerous to pretend anyone other than black thugs were behind soaring violence.

He added: “We won’t stop this by pretending it isn’t young black kids doing it.

“The black community — the vast majority of whom in these communities are decent, law-abiding people horrified at what is happening — need to be mobilised in denunciation of this gang culture that is killing innocent young black kids.”

The PM spoke out as a second teenager was remanded in custody charged with the murder of 14-year-old Paul Erhahon, who was stabbed to death in East London on Friday.

Paul is the seventh Londoner under 16 murdered since January.

Mr Blair delivered his hard-hitting message as he delivered the Callaghan Memorial Lecture in Cardiff.

He slammed black parents for failing to impose discipline on tearaway kids and said it was wrong for them to use poverty as an excuse.

He said: “Particular youngsters are being brought up in a setting that has no rules, no discipline, no proper framework around them.

“We kid ourselves if we don’t deal with this problem in any other way.”

Mr Blair insisted tougher penalties for knife and gun gangs and a zero-tolerance police crackdown were vital.

He added: “With knife and gun gangs, the laws need to be significantly toughened. Ringleaders need to be identified and taken out of circulation.”

His comments clashed with recent claims by West-Indian born Home Office minister Baroness Scotland that blacks were no more involved in gun crime than anybody else.

Last night Shadow Home Secretary David Davis said: “We welcome the sentiment but after ten years in power the public will wonder why it has taken so long for him to speak up.”

The Commission for Racial Equality said: “The Prime Minister is right — this is a serious problem. We shouldn’t be afraid to talk about it for fear of sounding prejudiced.

“It comes as no surprise that some young black men become involved in gang cultures. They do so because they feel they have no choice.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007160707,00.html

MESSAGE: He is only stating what the BNP have been stating for years yet the BNP were slated for it....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi.

BLAIR, BUSH MY LEFT FOOT!!!

Bye.

strider
04-12-2007, 07:08 PM
The BNP are downright racist; what Blair has to say doesn't even come close. The number of black youths who have been involved in altercations over the past few months has been rather unfortunate but to think this is somehow a reflection of the black community and black culture as a whole isn't true. As Blair said, '“The black community — the vast majority of whom in these communities are decent, law-abiding people horrified at what is happening — need to be mobilised in denunciation of this gang culture that is killing innocent young black kids.”

England
04-12-2007, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by strider
The BNP are downright racist; what Blair has to say doesn't even come close. The number of black youths who have been involved in altercations over the past few months has been rather unfortunate but to think this is somehow a reflection of the black community and black culture as a whole isn't true. As Blair said, '“The black community — the vast majority of whom in these communities are decent, law-abiding people horrified at what is happening — need to be mobilised in denunciation of this gang culture that is killing innocent young black kids.”
Ahh he has to say that.. ^o) I've spoken about this in another thread I believe...
I'll leave this thread to the rest of you despite having plenty to say :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strider
04-12-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
Ahh he has to say that.. ^o) I've spoken about this in another thread I believe...
I'll leave this thread to the rest of you despite having plenty to say :D
Actually yes, he does. It's either stating the obvious or sweeping the issue under the carpet. There is nothing wrong or racist in what he had to say unlike the BNP who sprout nothing but hate.

chacha_jalebi
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
i know this mite sound harsh or racist but whats true is true lol, the majority of people that commit crime nowadays are from the black community, and the black community is massive but its a minority that does it. obviously when someone from a certain minority is committing crimes, then they will be noticed, the same way muslims were being wannabes and doin terrorist attacks and whenever there is any sort of terrorist attack muslims are associated with it, the same for black people, when ever their is a robbery or stabbin or shootin, you will find its committed by a black person!

but not every crime is committed by a black person, i jus dont understand how it makes you a gangsta, jus because you walk like you have a broken leg and wear a hoodie all the time lol :p and when these wannabees are by themselfs they walk with their heads down lol and when they in a group they act lik they gangstas *psssh* lol everyone takes the mick out of them you no :p

England
04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Actually yes, he does. It's either stating the obvious or sweeping the issue under the carpet. There is nothing wrong or racist in what he had to say unlike the BNP who sprout nothing but hate.
The BNP don't spread hatred. They state the obvious that Lib-Dem-Cons are too scared to comment on. Lib-Dem-Cons are so politically correct that anything bad said about another, even if it's true, is deemed racist.

Here imagine this as a headline;

Black guy murders schoolboy

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

Blackboard

RAAAAAAAACIST

Baa baa black sheep

RAAAAAAAAAAACIST

England
04-12-2007, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i know this mite sound harsh or racist but whats true is true lol, the majority of people that commit crime nowadays are from the black community, and the black community is massive but its a minority that does it. obviously when someone from a certain minority is committing crimes, then they will be noticed, the same way muslims were being wannabes and doin terrorist attacks and whenever there is any sort of terrorist attack muslims are associated with it, the same for black people, when ever their is a robbery or stabbin or shootin, you will find its committed by a black person!

but not every crime is committed by a black person, i jus dont understand how it makes you a gangsta, jus because you walk like you have a broken leg and wear a hoodie all the time lol :p and when these wannabees are by themselfs they walk with their heads down lol and when they in a group they act lik they gangstas *psssh* lol everyone takes the mick out of them you no :p

lol best thing I've heard all day..

Ya man....Respek dis fo sure innit!!

strider
04-12-2007, 07:38 PM

That's exactly what Blair is saying.

The BNP don't spread hatred. They state the obvious that Lib-Dem-Cons are too scared to comment on. Lib-Dem-Cons are so politically correct that anything bad said about another, even if it's true, is deemed racist.

Here imagine this as a headline;

Black guy murders schoolboy

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

Blackboard

RAAAAAAAACIST

Baa baa black sheep

RAAAAAAAAAAACIST
Yeah, political correctness has gone crazy over the last couple of years or so i totally agree with you. But the BNP are nothing but a bunch of bigoted racists and to say they don't spread hate is ridiculous.

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 07:39 PM
salamualikum.
^ so true, nowadays they should look at their own self then judge
Ma'assalama

AhlaamBella
04-12-2007, 07:40 PM
But it is wrong to judge the WHOLE black community. I had a run-in with an old white guy the other day. He HATES asians. *clears throat* He made it very clear what he thinks of them. He has come up with those opinions because a few asians commited horrific acts. *rolss eyes* he called them all pakistanis anyway lol

England
04-12-2007, 07:42 PM
That's exactly what Blair is saying.

Yeah, political correctness has gone crazy over the last couple of years or so i totally agree with you. But the BNP are nothing but a bunch of bigoted racists and to say they don't spread hate is ridiculous.
Can I ask you where you get your information on the BNP? Do you get them from daily newspapers? Blair? Gordon Brown?

strider
04-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Can I ask you where you get your information on the BNP? Do you get them from daily newspapers? Blair? Gordon Brown?
Straight from the horses mouth.

England
04-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh right? So where do you read or listen to what he says? Do you visit the BNP website?

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 07:44 PM
salamualikum.

*looks down but laughter comes out* :laugh:

Ma'assalama

England
04-12-2007, 07:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
But it is wrong to judge the WHOLE black community. I had a run-in with an old white guy the other day. He HATES asians. *clears throat* He made it very clear what he thinks of them. He has come up with those opinions because a few asians commited horrific acts. *rolss eyes* he called them all pakistanis anyway lol
Pakistanis or the shorter word? :)

strider
04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Oh right? So where do you read or listen to what he says? Do you visit the BNP website?
Naturally, yes.

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi.

I get called a ''whitey'' just cause of my skin is very light compared to many asians but hey does it really matter what your skin colour is?? what matters is who you are && what ya belive in right??

Racist people! Yeah once was a christain but look am a proud muslim!

Bye.

AhlaamBella
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Pakistanis or the shorter word? :)
shorter word :X. He wanted to kill them all with a machine gun :raging:
He couldn't seem to understand that he was being rascist *sighs heavily*

bint_muhammed
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
oh purrrleeees england! bnp are the most racist people out there and muslims are their main target! my evidence you may ask well its the bloody leader himself admitting to it!
black people may commit crimes and i do think a lot of it has to do with poverty and not to mention racism! but there a hell lot of whites that also commit crime, even more in the same circumstances as the blacks!

chacha_jalebi
04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
lol white people who are racist are just hypocrits, when ever you go to a asian restaurant theres always white people there beggin it, " ooo can i have a nan" and your thinkin its "naan you pillock" and they are like " not too much spice" and your thinkin "aaa go and eat fish and chips" :p

white people shouldnt and cant be racist, because every white person begs currys and kebabs which are run by asians :D

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
salamualikum.
^ Hey dude thats the way i say aswel so erm... EDIT THAT :cry:
Ma'assalama

England
lol white people who are racist are just hypocrits, when ever you go to a asian restaurant theres always white people there beggin it, " ooo can i have a nan" and your thinkin its "naan you pillock" and they are like " not too much spice" and your thinkin "aaa go and eat fish and chips" :p

white people shouldnt and cant be racist, because every white person begs currys and kebabs which are run by asians :D
No I don't :?

FBI
:sl:

Blair talking about people stoping violence when he's the head of one the biggest gangs of the world

MTAFFI
04-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I have to agree with Blair, I know here in the US the majority of crimes committed are committed by blacks. I dont think he was trying to be racist, I think he is just trying to state wear the focus should be. It is sad that the black community is faced with this problem but maybe since it has been said maybe they will try to do something about (ie take action with their children). I hate classifying anything by race or religion but as they say "If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck".

Kittygyal
04-12-2007, 08:02 PM
No I don't :?
Yes. i do :enough!:

Keltoi
This is very similar to the problem we have here in the U.S. There is a deep rooted problem within the black community, that involves gangsta rap and its effects on children. The "hip hop" culture is one that frowns upon education, calls any black person that strives to succeed as a race traitor, degrades women, and promotes being a "baby daddy" instead of a father. This goes beyond the black community now, because it has become "popular" music. White kids, Asian kids, etc are all affected by it. It is a damaging cancer within Western society.

bint_muhammed

not all whites are racist bro! some are really nice, the racist i doubt would come for a curry!

strider
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

Blair talking about people stoping violence when he's the head of one the biggest gangs of the world
Doesn't mean he is wrong on all accounts now, does it?

AhlaamBella
04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
not all whites are racist bro! some are really nice
Yeah like me :D :D :D lol....I hope lol:blind:

England
04-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Ahh to some, anyone with a darker skin, arabic looking despite where they're from are labelled Pak... um ya know. It was around long before 9/11. At school an Indian guy was always labelled a paki too.

Naturally, yes.
Good on ya. Check the videos out, VERY interesting and will get you nodding with agreement :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Hi.

I get called a ''whitey'' just cause of my skin is very light compared to many asians but hey does it really matter what your skin colour is?? what matters is who you are && what ya belive in right??

Racist people! Yeah once was a christain but look am a proud muslim!

Bye.
It's not the colour of the skin but the skin is an indication of where they are from. Blacks have that African culture. In Africa they have tribes, need I say more. It's in their blood.

strider
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
It's not the colour of the skin but the skin is an indication of where they are from. Blacks have that African culture. In Africa they have tribes, need I say more. It's in their blood.
Yes, please do. What exactly is in their blood?

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Doesn't mean he is wrong on all accounts now, does it?
but it's ironic, when he arms people and sends them to fight people then he says when need to stop the violence.

strider
04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
but it's ironic, when he arms people and sends them to fight people then he says when need to stop the violence.
Ironic, yes. But does he have a point? Yes.

England
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Yes, please do. What exactly is in their blood?
You know what I'm saying :) I can't say it myself. I've been warned :playing: :giggling:

England
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
It's his country.

Keltoi
04-12-2007, 08:12 PM
It isn't tribalism, it is the effect of rap music on our youth.

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Most of the world wars and conflicts have been started by white people, judging by what you been saying I could say that most white people are even more violent, hell it was a white man who invented Gun Powder and an English man at that, but then again I ain't a bigot :)

AhlaamBella
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
:exhausted thats EXACTLY what my step-dad says.

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:16 PM
it's the Gangster culture, and if we wanna go down that path hollywood is to blame, I mean can u name me 2 Bruce willis films were he doesn't use a gun :D

England
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Most of the world wars and conflicts have been started by white people, judging by what you been saying I could say that most white people are even more violent, hell it was a white man who invented Gun Powder and an English man at that, but then again I ain't a bigot :)
Then again it's not the "white culture" wreaking havoc in the west now is it :) Africa has always had wars and they continue to have wars. They're killing their own for no reason at all.

Keltoi
04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
it's the Gangster culture, and if we wanna go down that path hollywood is to blame, I mean can u name me 2 Bruce willis films were he doesn't use a gun :D
What do you think has more impact on our youth? Bruce Willis movies or the millions of gangsta rap albums sold every month?

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Then again it's not the "white culture" wreaking havoc in the west now is it :) Africa has always had wars and they continue to have wars. They're killing their own for no reason at all.
where do u think the drugs and guns are comming from, do u think Jamal and Tyrone make them in their bathrooms, who owns the gun companies?

Keltoi
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
where do u think the drugs and guns are comming from, do u think Jamal and Tyrone make them in their bathrooms, who owns the gun companies?
Jamal and Tyrone?

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:21 PM
What do you think has more impact on our youth? Bruce Willis movies or the millions of gangsta rap albums sold every month?
both are two blame

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Jamal and Tyrone?
name's unique to people of the black community.

Keltoi
04-12-2007, 08:23 PM
both are two blame
There have been violent movies for half a century. The dramatic increase in black crime and drug violence catapulted around 1980. Why do you think this is? Could it have anything to do with the rise of gangsta rap and the "thug" culture?

Keltoi
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
name's unique to people of the black community.
Back here in the U.S. that would be considered a racist comment. Of course there isn't much that isn't considered racist these days.

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
There have been violent movies for half a century. The dramatic increase in black crime and drug violence catapulted around 1980. Why do you think this is? Could it have anything to do with the rise of gangsta rap and the "thug" culture?
no, the majority of these people don't do it beacuse they think it's cool, it's circumstance

FBI
04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Back here in the U.S. that would be considered a racist comment. Of course there isn't much that isn't considered racist these days.
well maybe among your peers it might be seen that way, but I doubt anyone would take offense to that.

Keltoi
04-12-2007, 08:27 PM
no, the majority of these people don't do it beacuse they think it's cool, it's circumstance
Circumstance? Like what? Being poor? There are poor people everywhere, that doesn't make them resort to violence and drug trafficking. This is a problem of culture. You won't find any serious sociologist who doesn't make the connection between gangsta rap and the increase in violent crime within the black community.

MTAFFI
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
I think that rap music plays a part in it, I mean it does share a connection in the violence, it isnt like the blacks are doing drivebys to folk music. But I also have to agree with whoever said they are prone to it because of their background. Africa has been at war with itself for as long as I can remember, blacks have been doing this kind of crime as long as I can remember, just like many white people are raised to think they have to work a job for a living many blacks grow up with parents showing them how to sling drugs for a living.

As far as the comments on the whites with gun powder and owning the gun shops, I own lots of guns but I havent murdered anyone with one and they are all legal, the difference is the blacks guns are not, who is giving them the guns? Who knows there is no evidence to suggest it is the whites any more than the Muslims, Asians, Mexicans, Japanese or the Aliens. Here is a little chart though that suggests who is more prone to crime in the US

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/jailrair.htm

England
04-12-2007, 09:04 PM

Where do I think they're coming from?

THE BLACKS. They're smuggling them into the country, dealing etc etc. That was an easy question.

aamirsaab
04-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Choices, choices, choices(!)

Circumstance? Like what? Being poor? There are poor people everywhere, that doesn't make them resort to violence and drug trafficking. This is a problem of culture. You won't find any serious sociologist who doesn't make the connection between gangsta rap and the increase in violent crime within the black community.
Being poor leads to desperation. Desperation can and does lead to a lot of negative action.

THE BLACKS. They're smuggling them into the country, dealing etc etc. That was an easy question.
Blacks, Iranians pakistanis, bengalis, afghanis. It's always someone else isn't it?

England
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Blacks, Iranians pakistanis, bengalis, afghanis. It's always someone else isn't it?
Read this http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3035357.stm

Once upon a time this didn't exist in the UK. In fact the Moors serial killers SHOCKED us all. I mean Britain had never experienced such a crime like that before but today it wouldn't shock us at all. The crime has increased dramatically since the immigration rise.

FBI
04-12-2007, 09:47 PM

You think Black people are getting the guns into the country, you have just proved u don't know what your talking about, ask anyone with any knowledge of the underworld and they'll tell u the vast majority of the smugglars are white, blacks get hold of them through contacts. But the majority of guns used today are replicas, and the average inner city kid doesn't know how to convert them do they

England
04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
You think Black people are getting the guns into the country, you have just proved u don't know what your talking about, ask anyone with any knowledge of the underworld and they'll tell u the vast majority of the smugglars are white, blacks get hold of them through contacts. But the majority of guns used today are replicas, and the average inner city kid doesn't know how to convert them do they
I don't care WHO smuggles them but WHO uses them... :rollseyes

FBI
04-12-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't care WHO smuggles them but WHO uses them... :rollseyes
You say you don't care, but just a minute ago u were saying blacks were responsible for smuggling them into the country. Also white people are also involved in Gun crime if u didn't already know.

England
04-12-2007, 10:13 PM
You say you don't care, but just a minute ago u were saying blacks were responsible for smuggling them into the country. Also white people are also involved in Gun crime if u didn't already know.
As you said I may have got that wrong I don't know but I don't care. It's not the British smuggling the drugs and guns, it's foreigners. As for gun crime... much MUCH more from blacks. It's black culture.

Annie
04-12-2007, 11:39 PM
salams
Most parents dont want their kids to end up like this but their enviroment influnces their behaviour, therore tony blair should stop blaming parents and he should try to provide them with a better enviroment so that young black kids can grow up too be successful adults inshallah. however i also think that music also influnces their behaviour therfore the goverment should not allow artists to relase such music.
wasalm

Umar001
04-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I think he is kind of wrong.

Because moi myself being black and having friends who are black and white befoer I became muslim, I noticed that the 'black' children who were rude, actually respected their parents and had some kind of self control with regards to them. Whilst the 'white' rude kids, tended to be more disrespectful to their parents and others.

The black kids tended to have a more sort of 'I've been wronged so I will take what was taken from me' and that is why they do alot of things, whilst some of them are just hyperactive, the white kids do not have that mentality they dont feel they have been wronged, but they just make trouble.

I think its not just the parents, because if it was that then those black kids would have no rules at all meaning none regarding their parents either, rather I think its a mentality which is set up through the history of the black people and slavery in america that whole 'We have gone through this and that' which comes from the Music especially the rap music, the whole 'The white man stole my identity I need to fight for it' but now the white man is changed to mean the 'system' thus the black kids have morals, but their morals are just tinted by the glasses placed on their eyes through such medians.

FBI
04-12-2007, 11:49 PM

it's not the British smuggling the drugs and guns,
are u having a laugh, I won't continue discussing this issue with u any further after this comment since u clearly lack knowledge in this area and your arguments just seem bias have a nice day :)

NoName55
04-12-2007, 11:55 PM
MESSAGE: He is only stating what the BNP have been stating for years yet the BNP were slated for it....
it would not surprise me 1 bit if it was to be revealed that blair is a closet Nazi even though retards of bnp have twisted his words to suite their filthy ideology.

anyway are we converting this forum to a mouthpiece for your bnp diatribe?
since it has been allowed to go on for past 5 hours

NoName55
04-13-2007, 12:29 AM
this whole thread is a disgrace

Woodrow
04-13-2007, 12:54 AM
The replies on this thread have been disgracefull

.:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.