/* */

PDA

View Full Version : CrickeT

Pk_#2
04-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Bismillah

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabaraaktuh,

It's that time again when people are glued to their transistors and T.V. screens, carefully following the cricket World Cup. Has it ever occurred to you that the game of cricket can be compared to our lives in this world. Let me tell you why. In the game of cricket the batsmen will do his utmost to protect his wicket from the ball delivered by the bowler. In a similar manner man, in the game of life, must do his utmost to protect his Imaan, from the attack of bowler Shaytaan, who has promised Allah that he will concentrate his efforts in bow1ing down your Imaan. The Quran in Surah ‘Araaf (Surah 7 Verse 17) bears testimony to this “Then I will approach them (mankind) from before them and from behind them, from their right and from
their left”

In cricket the bowler varies his pace, length and type of delivery in order to beat the batsman. Bowler Shaytaan also does the same:

Ball number one may come in the form of making you neglect Salaah.
Ball number two may be an instigation towards becoming vulgar and abusive.
Ball number three may be a suggestion to cheat and be fraudulent.
Ball number four may be an impulse to disobey ones parents.
Ball number five may be temptation towards Zina.
Ball number six may be a real googly -just when you feel that you’re treading the right path, Shaytaan inspires you with righteous pride and contempt for those you perceive as being less pious.

The batsman needs to deflect and strike Shaytaan with the bat of Islam. And like the cricket batsman you need to be alert and quick on your feet.

Like the World Cup, man is playing a match of limited overs. You just don’t know how many overs you are going to last, whether you will be run out or what will be the last ball that you will face. Once you’re out, you’re out.

The only runs that count are those that you make during the game, no matter how well you play after your innings. it does not change your score. After death man’s plight is the same, man will plead to Allah to send him back to the game of life:

O my Lord send me back that I may do a good deed” (Surah 23 Verse 98-99)

During the game the batsman is safe only when he is positioned in his crease. So too is a Muslim safe when he is positioned within the Shariah.

Remember, the game of life has no second innings.

WalaykumSalaam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Source: Source: Moulana Imraan Khamissa- Jamiatul Ulama (KZN) South Africa
http://www.jucanada.org/cricket.htm

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
04-12-2007, 09:22 PM
ooooooooooo that is DEEP

mashaAllah :D

A7med
04-12-2007, 09:34 PM
:sl:all! I'm a girle too...I was pretending to be a boy with cooties this whooooolee time, aren't I just silly? :giggling:

This is me as a balerina:

Aren't I just the sweetest? :statisfie

Al-Hanbali
04-12-2007, 09:39 PM
:salamext:

Masha'ALLAH really good analogy.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
m102313
04-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Masha'allah

A lot of thought has gone into that one!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.