/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reward for missing child

syilla
04-13-2007, 01:32 AM
:sl:

Please help them... imsad

13 April, 2007

KUALA LUMPUR: The "Paper That Cares" walked the talk when it rallied to help find missing 5-year-old Muhammad Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali yesterday. It began distributing about 10,000 flyers bearing the photograph of the boy.

Federal Territories Minister Datuk Zulhasnan Rafique, his wife Datin Siti Nooriah Ana Abdul Razak and Muhammad Nazrin’s father Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin joined the Malay Mail staff in distributing 700 flyers in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.

Nazrin, fondly called Yin, went missing after visiting the Sogo Complex in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman on March 31.

Yin had gone to the complex with his father, 34, and mother, Nur Amizah Ahmad, 25. Nazrin was with his father in the men’s department store when he disappeared.

On Friday, Nur Amizah viewed Sogo’s closed-circuit television footage for the first time, showing Nazrin walking confidently out of the complex.

In the 17-minute footage, Nazrin was first spotted at 2.48pm when he played near the escalator on the second floor. He then followed the crowd and took the escalator to the ground floor.

About 3pm, he was seen walking towards Jalan Raja Laut.

Nazrin was wearing a grey-boxed short-sleeved shirt and a pair of blue jeans at the time of his disappearance.

Shamsul Ghazali had on the day of Yin’s disappearance asked the complex’s security officers to review the CCTV footage but he claimed his request was denied.

The security officers instead asked for the boy’s photograph to help in their search.

Dang Wangi police chief Assistant Commissioner Mohd Zulkarnain Abdul Rahman said they had reviewed the tape and had widened the search to include Jalan Masjid India, Jalan Raja Laut and Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, among others.

Shamsul Ghazali, from Medan Klebang Restu in Chemor, Perak, has offered a reward for information on Yin and can be contacted at 012-5090451.
source

Rumours said that he is taken to Myammar but hopefully he is still in Malaysia

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tania
04-13-2007, 04:29 AM
The parents must be feeling arwful and especially the father. I really believe the police will find him. But why should be in Myammar :?

syilla
04-13-2007, 07:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
The parents must be feeling arwful and especially the father. I really believe the police will find him. But why should be in Myammar :?
i don't really know why...

Most cases in Malaysia...the kidnapped children will send to Thailand / Myammar.

Its been a week now....still no sign of him :cry:

syilla
04-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Please stop crank calls, it's not funny
April 11, 2007

HEARTLESS and nasty.

That is what the distraught parents have to say about the crank calls they have been getting.

They had earlier appealed to the Malaysian public to help them find their missing son, Mohd Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali, 5, fondly known as Yin.

Yin went missing on 31 Mar from the Sogo shopping complex in Kuala Lumpur after wandering off in the direction of Jalan Raja Laut, during a family outing.

His father, Mr Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin, said yesterday: 'It's heartless of them to do that (make crank calls) to us.

'My family and I are devastated. The past eight days have been a living hell for us. Why do people torture us? Please stop it, it's not funny.'

When Mr Shamsul, 34, a bank officer from Chemor, Perak, made his public appeal last Monday and offered a reward for clues to his son's whereabouts, little did he expect the nightmare that would follow.

He has been getting around five crank calls daily since then, reported The Malay Mail. Some of the calls have also sent the anxious father on a wild goose chase.

He said: 'Last week, I received several calls asking me to go to such and such a place to meet the callers. They claimed that they had spotted Yin.

'I rushed there only to discover that no one was around. I tried calling them but they switched off their handphones.'

If that's not bad enough,

Mr Shamsul has also been getting nasty text messages which read: 'Padan muka, tu la tak tahu jaga anak'(serves you right, you don't know how to look after your son).

Mr Shamsul's uncle, Mr Ayub Leman, said the most recent crank call came at around 1pm yesterday.

The caller said that Yin was spotted at Keramat wet market.

'When I asked when he saw Yin, he said two hours earlier. He then hung up,' he said.

Mr Ayub said his nephew has also received calls from several people claiming to be bomohs (Malay for witch doctors).

'They claimed they know where Yin is. Some say he is in Kelantan and Pahang. Some say he's being hidden by spirits. All these do nothing to help but further torment Shamsul,' he said.

Last Friday, he and Mr Shamsul even rushed to an address that a bomoh called and told them about.

'He said Yin was in a house in Dang Wangi with three others.

'The man gave the address but when we rushed to the place, the house was vacant. When we called the bomoh back, he said Yin could have been taken elsewhere,' added Mr Ayub.

Mr Shamsul and his wife, Madam Nor Amizah Ahmad, 25, have been staying at Mr Ayub's house in Kampung Melayu Subang since arriving from Chemor.

Mr Ayub said that his nephew and his wife have not slept well since their son went missing.

'They are going through a lot of pain and do not deserve this kind of treatment. To those who gave comfort and kind words, we thank them for their support,' he said.

He also appealed to those who see Yin, to hold on to the boy and take him to the nearest police station.
source

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
04-13-2007, 07:47 AM

Friday, April 13 2007

Help find YIN campaign - Dad spurns reward hike offer
by KALBANA PERIMBANAYAGAM
“NO more rewards, please.”

This was what Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin said when The Malay Mail told him of a generous offer to increase the reward for finding his five year old son, Mohd Nazrin Shamsul.

Mohd Nazrin went missing on March 31 during a family outing to Sogo shopping complex and has yet to be found.

Various parties have extended help by distributing fl yers and helping his family but Yin’s father felt that increasing the reward was not good for his son.

“I appreciate the kindness but we don’t want anymore rewards.

“I’m afraid that whoever has my son may hold on to him longer, waiting for the reward to increase,” said Shamsul at his uncle’s home in Subang.

The 34-year-old Bank Islam offi cer from Chemor, Perak, said he was thankful for the moral and fi nancial support from the public but felt that by increasing the reward, Yin’s safety might be compromised.

“We don’t know who has Yin and his motive.

So, it’s best for us not to increase the reward,” said Shamsul.

Since Yin’s disappearance, Shamsul had been getting numerous calls offering him fi nancial help, moral support, words of encouragement and traditional help to get Yin back but said he does not want monetary aid in recovering his son.

Shamsul said apart from the initial RM10,000 offered, he is not considering to top up the amount although he had been offered RM25,000 so far, including the recent generous offer made to The Malay Mail.

Hopes were raised on the ninth day of the search for Yin when Shamsul received a phone call from an Immigration offi cer at 1pm who said they had found a boy who looked like Yin.

Shamsul rushed to the fourth fl oor of the Immigration offi ce in Putrajaya.

“I went there hoping that it would be Yin but it wasn’t him.

“At fi rst glance, the boy looked exactly like Yin but he was not my Yin,” added Shamsul.

He also added that a sergeant from Dang Wangi police station had contacted him yesterday saying that they had checked the whole of Kampung Baru, Chow Kit, Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman and Dang Wangi for Yin but came up empty.

“I know he is out there somewhere safe.

I will not give up,” he said.

Several traditional healers Shamsul met have said that Yin is safe and alive in Kuala Lumpur but Shamsul refused to elaborate on the meeting he had with a ‘bomoh’ in Ampang last night.

“They all said almost the same thing but I don’t know if I should believe them.

I will be meeting Ustaz Harun Din tonight to seek his advice,” said Shamsul.

north_malaysian
04-13-2007, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Most cases in Malaysia...the kidnapped children will send to Thailand / Myammar.
That's what my mum and teachers told me when I was a kid. They'll kidnap Malaysian kids, amputate the hands of legs and force to beg in Bangkok... But I dont know how true is this.:blind:

May Allah bring back Yin to his parents...

It so sad that many "UGLY" Malaysians gave prank calls and nasty SMS to the parents....:cry:

syilla
04-13-2007, 08:14 AM
WHAT DO I DO IF A CHILD GOES MISSING?

STAY CALM. Contact neighbours, friends, spouse, siblings and anyone who may know where your child may be. Invite a friend or acquaintance with a "calm" to be with you.

CONDUCT A TELEPHONE SEARCH. Call family, friends and relatives who may wish to help. Encourage them to use their telephones to make inguiry calls so your line will remain free for incoming calls. If you have to leave the house, have an answering machine on the line or have a friend or neighbour take incoming calls.

Have friends and relatives conduct a basic land search of the neighbourhood area while you are making a police report. With family and friends, try to recall the present and past few days of family situations and activities (a recent argument or disciplinary action could be the reason for hiding).

Provide the police with the information in your prepared text Identification Kit which include updates clear photographs, birth certificate, medical history, passport, child's name and description including location of scars, birthmarks and any other identifiable data (glasses, braces, earrings, ect). Try to keep a mental note of what your child is wearing each day.

Act quickly. this is very important. Try to keep focused on the task at hand, that is locating the missing child. Ask a suitable friend to provide support for you. Each moment that passes is very important be use efficiently.

Continue your search even if there are no immediate results. Follow up for updates on the case by contacting the investigation police officer and the provincial searching agency who registered your child.

Solicit media support such as radio, television, local publications and newspapers only at the advice of the police and searching agency involved with the case.

Distribute a photograph of the missing child. All police and searching agencies have services available to complete this task.
source

syilla
04-13-2007, 08:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
That's what my mum and teachers told me when I was a kid. They'll kidnap Malaysian kids, amputate the hands of legs and force to beg in Bangkok... But I dont know how true is this.:blind:

May Allah bring back Yin to his parents...

It so sad that many "UGLY" Malaysians gave prank calls and nasty SMS to the parents....:cry:
They 'are' real cases on the amputated hands and legs children. I guess they don't know what to do with the children....

Some cases they used kidnapped children to smuggle drugs.

Taqiyah
04-13-2007, 08:19 AM
salaamz...

Subhana Allah...
I will inshaAllah make du'a for his safety return. I hope he is found soon. i can't imagine what his family is going through!

Tania
04-13-2007, 05:29 PM
I can imagine his father blaming himself because didn't watch the child. Thats arwful to happen to a family. The child must be in the streets in this days. Here they are find by police in other town usually but what i can't understand why he could not go at home.:( At 5 he should know to go back.

north_malaysian
04-14-2007, 02:08 AM
At 5 he should know to go back.
Yeah.. I am thinking the same too...

I think someone has kidnapped him.

*charisma*
04-14-2007, 02:10 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

WHAT DO I DO IF A CHILD GOES MISSING?

STAY CALM
Even in caps, it doesn't make it sound easy the slightest bit. Glad tidings to whoever is able to stay calm and patient through such a calamity.

May Allah ease their suffering and return their son to them ameen.

Those prank callers are just sick..

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Tania
04-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah.. I am thinking the same too...

I think someone has kidnapped him.
If that is strue then everything is in the police hands. They should give up at reward and leave the police to handle the case.

syilla
04-16-2007, 01:19 AM
sis Tania...they have found him :)!!!!!

April 15, 2007 18:06 PM

Myanmar Couple Suspected Of Abducting Yin Arrested

KUALA LUMPUR, 15 April (Bernama) -- A Myanmar couple suspected of abducting five-year-old Muhammad Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali or Yin two weeks ago, believed to be used for begging, has been detained by police.

Acting Kuala Lumpur police chief SAC II Zul Hasnan Najib Baharudin said the couple, aged 37 dan 27, believed to be beggars, was arrested at their house in Sentul Pasar at 1pm today.

"Police have received information that the couple has been using children for begging in the Klang Valley area," he told reporters here today.

He said the health check on the boy also showed that Yin had not had measles as claimed by the couple when they returned him to a close friend of the boy's father yesterday.

On the statement by Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan that Yin's case was closed, Zul Hasnan said the investigation was still going on although the search had ended.

He said the Myanmar couple was being investigated under Section 363 of the Penal Code on suspicion of abducting the boy and would be brought before the court tomorrow to obtain a remand order to assist in the investigation.

Yin went missing about 2pm on March 31 while his father was trying on some clothes while his mother Nor Amizah Ahmad, 25, was watching over his younger brother Mohd Nazmi, 4, at the Sogo shopping centre in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman here.

The boy was reported to have been picked up by one Baharuddin Hassan from the Myanmar couple's house after he received a call from them that Yin had been in their care since he went missing and that they only knew about his case yesterday.

-- BERNAMA
source

syilla
04-16-2007, 01:21 AM
KUALA LUMPUR, April 14 (Bernama) -- Muhammad Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali or Yin, 5, the boy who was reported missing since March 31, was today found safe in Sentul, here, said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan.

He said that Muhammad Nazrin had been looked after by a Myanmar couple, Rasidah Nur Islam, 27, and Abdul Rahman Doli Rahman, 31, who live in Sentul Pasar, since his disappearance.

"We are thankful to Rasidah and her husband for having looked after Yin well. Rasidah and her husband were not aware of the news about Yin's disappearance as they don't have a television set at home.

"They (Rasidah and her husband) only knew that Yin had been reported missing after seeing Yin's poster while shopping at Sogo today," he said at a media conference, here.

Musa said that at the time, a friend of Shamsul Ghazali, Baharuddin Hassan was distributing Yin's poster around the Sogo shopping complex at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman.

Musa said Rasidah was in the vicinity of the Sogo shopping complex about 1 pm together with her 3-year-old daughter when she saw Yin's poster being distributed by Baharuddin.

Without realising the information contained in the poster, she had taken it home.

"Upon returning home, Rasidah had looked again at the poster and was shocked to see that the photograph on the poster looked very much like the boy, Yin, who was staying with her," he said.

Rasidah, who cannot read, suspected something amiss and contacted the telephone number printed on the poster.

Baharuddin, who received the call, immediately went to Sentul to pick Yin up before taking him to his house in Setiawangsa.

He said Yin's father was later informed about the good news about 2 pm.

"Now that Yin has been found, the case has been closed as there are no criminal elements involved. We had also sought the cooperation of the Thai police based on the information about Yin's whereabouts in Kelantan earlier, and we will now inform the Thais that the information was not true and that Yin had already been found safe," he said.

Yin looked happy beside his father and did not appear scared despite being surrounded by scores of journalists and photographers.

Also present at the media conference were Yin's mother Nor Amizah Ahmad, 25, Rasidah and her husband, Federal Police Director of CID Datuk Christopher Wan Soo Kee, and Acting Kuala Lumpur Police Chief SAC II Zul Hasnan Najib Baharudin.

-- BERNAMA
At first when they found him...they didn't suspected the couple at all. :rolleyes:

syilla
04-16-2007, 02:00 AM
KUALA LUMPUR, April 14 (Bernama) -- Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin has enjoyed listening to his son Muhammad Nazrin or Yin sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" countless times but when the five-year-old sang the nursery rhyme to him today over the phone, he broke down and wept.

He knew that the agony he and the rest of the family had gone through over the last two weeks was over. His son, who went missing on March 31, had been found.

Shamsul Ghazali, 34, had received a telephone call at 2 pm from his friend Baharudin Hassan when he was in Ipoh on a job assignment.

Baharudin told him that his son, Yin, had been found and was safe but Shamsul Ghazali, having received numerous calls over the last two weeks, some of them hoaxes, found the news hard to swallow.

"I could not believe what I had just heard. I asked to speak with my son but was still doubtful. Then, I asked the boy to sing his favourite nursery rhyme," he told a news conference, here.

Yin had gone missing while the family was shopping at the Sogo departmental store in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman here at about 2 pm on March 31.

Shamsul Ghazali was in the changing room trying out an attire then and his wife, Nor Amizah Ahmad, 25, was looking after Yin's younger brother, Muhammad Nazmi, four.

Yin was found today by Baharudin with a Myanmar couple, Rasidah Nur Islam, 27, and her husband Abdul Rahman Doli Rahman, 31. He had been with them for the last two weeks.

Rasidah had contacted Baharudin after seeing Yin's photograph on a poster, thousands of copies of which had been distributed by Shamsul Ghazali in his desperate search for the boy.

"I will not take any action against the couple. Perhaps it is true that they do not know how to read and had no television to learn of Yin's disappearance," said Shamsul Ghazali.

Asked whether the offered reward of RM25,000 would be given to the couple, he said it would be considered in two or three days and that he was not holding the money.

Shamsul Ghazali said the family would hold a "doa selamat" prayers at the house of a relative in Kampung Melayu Subang.

Elated that his son was now back, Shamsul Ghazali expressed thanks to everyone who had shown concern and come forward to help find the boy.

"Thank you to all of you, including the media, police and political parties who came forward to help. The agony of the two-week wait is over, and Yin is back with his family," he said.

Yin's mother, Nor Amizah, said she was thankful that Yin was found unharmed and in good physical condition.

At the news conference, Yin's younger brother Nazmi was seen to be delighted at seeing his brother again and both of them were giggling and singing together.

-- BERNAMA
They found him...after the family did prayers.

Tania
04-16-2007, 02:59 AM
:) I am so happy. :statisfie He is back and healthy. The father will never leave him unsupervised. Its good they continued to post his pictures and pray because that helped him, not the police research.:-[

syilla
04-16-2007, 03:22 AM
:) I am so happy. :statisfie He is back and healthy. The father will never leave him unsupervised. Its good they continued to post his pictures and pray because that helped him, not the police research.:-[
Sis Tania...i just knew that he is a hyperactive child and he is not scared of strangers. It must be hard for the parents.

Yanal
04-16-2007, 03:37 AM

Please help them... imsad

source

Rumours said that he is taken to Myammar but hopefully he is still in Malaysia
i will pray for that kid to come home safe and i wish all of you pray also

Yanal
04-16-2007, 03:38 AM
sorry i didn;t read that he was back sorry again

north_malaysian
04-16-2007, 08:18 AM
Thanks to God that the boy is back safely. But there are lots of questions tho...

1) Why the Myanmarese couple just took him home, not given him to the authorities.

2) Why they shaved his head bald?:?

Malaikah
04-16-2007, 08:44 AM
1) Why the Myanmarese couple just took him home, not given him to the authorities.

That is exactly what I was thinking! Since when did people just leave a lost boy with them at home?!:rollseyes

But, alhamdulillah, it is great to know he is safe and back home! :statisfie

north_malaysian
04-16-2007, 08:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
:Sl:

That is exactly what I was thinking! Since when did people just leave a lost boy with them at home?!:rollseyes
This is a very hot issue in Malaysia...

The theory is that:

The hyperactive kid escaped from his parents, and SOGO Shopping Complex is always crowded on weekends. He went here and there, and suddenly these Myanmars couple found him. A missing kid.

I'm not being racists, but almost all of the beggars pleading for money every Friday are Myanmarese kids.... they'll wait outside the mosques.. on other days they would be begging for money on th streets. I've seen this all over Penang and Kuala Lumpur.

Malays, generally have straight hairs, while the Myanmarese kids have curly hairs.

There's a theory saying that those Myanmarese took the kid home because they might be want him to beg on the street... as those Myanmarese kids... they shaved his head because ... he would resembles those Myanmarese kids without any straight hair...

Suddenly, there is a reward of RM15,000.00 offered. So, they do plan B, that is just give back the kid and take home the money.

BUT THIS IS JUST A THEORY....... not by me, but by the Malaysian public.

I'm not against any Myanmarese Immigrants or Refugees.

Tania
04-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Because you mentioned that, the authorities are quilty. They should change the laws like in my country. Here if you are finding a lost children, you are forced to announce immediately the police. If you avoid to do that, you will go to jail because you are considered a kidnapper.

Asyur an-Nagi
04-16-2007, 10:48 AM
oh, what a sad story:(

north_malaysian
04-17-2007, 04:43 AM
Because you mentioned that, the authorities are quilty. They should change the laws like in my country. Here if you are finding a lost children, you are forced to announce immediately the police. If you avoid to do that, you will go to jail because you are considered a kidnapper.
They have detained the Myanmarese couple.

Tania
04-17-2007, 02:46 PM
They have detained the Myanmarese couple.
But they will be released no :? They can't read and they let the child to come back to parents

north_malaysian
04-18-2007, 06:36 AM
But they will be released no :? They can't read and they let the child to come back to parents
Still under investigations...

Well, Malaysians are so prejudice toward immigrants from poor countries.... especially those with dark skins... and in the same time welcoming "EXPATRIATES" from Europe, Australia, America, Japan and Korea.

Tania
04-18-2007, 03:37 PM
I hope they will not suffer harm only because their skin or country origin. Are innocent people which want to do good.

syilla
04-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Some updates

Case of lost-and-found child Yin: Cops arrest Myanmar ‘Good Samaritans’
Monday, 16 April 2007, 08:52am

©New Straits Times (Used by permission)
by Lee Shi-Ian

KUALA LUMPUR: In a surprise turnaround, the Myanmar couple who reunited missing 5-year-old Muhammad Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali with his grateful parents on Saturday has been arrested for allegedly abducting him.

Acting city police chief Senior Assistant Commissioner (I) Zulhasnan Najib Baharuddin said a 32-year-old man and a 27-year-old woman had been detained yesterday to facilitate investigations into the case.

Nazrin, also known as Yin, was reported missing on March 31 at the Sogo Complex in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.

Following his safe return, police have reclassified the boy’s disappearance as an abduction.

"Several calls were received this (yesterday) morning from witnesses who claimed to have seen Yin being used for certain activities," Zulhasnan said.

"We have sufficient evidence to reclassify the case from missing persons to abduction and are investigating it under Section 363 of the Penal Code," he said.

A team from the Dang Wangi police headquarters picked up the couple at their home in Sentul Pasar at 1pm.

The preliminary medical examination on Nazrin conducted at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital did not reveal any sign of external abuse or sexual assault.

However, the clean bill of health he was given also did not indicate that he suffered from chicken pox, which the Myanmar couple had claimed was the reason for shaving him bald.

Zulhasnan also clarified the statement made by Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan on Saturday regarding Nazrin’s case.

"What Musa said was that the search was over as Yin had been found and reunited with his family. However, investigations into the events surrounding his disappearance continue.

"That is why Yin was sent to the KLH for a medical examination."

Despite being asked several times, Zulhasnan declined to elaborate on how the couple had used Nazrin, saying it would jeopardise investigations and subsequent court action.

"We are still waiting for the official medical report from the Kuala Lumpur Hospital. We have spoken to the doctors who examined Yin.

"Police will also be recording the statements of witnesses who called in with information on Yin this (yesterday) morning as they can also assist in investigations."

Police have ruled out the involvement of a syndicate.

It is believed that Nazrin had been taken away from the Sogo Complex by the Myanmar couple and made to beg in the streets.

The couple’s ramshackle wooden house in Sentul Pasar matches their description as it is devoid of many basic necessities, including a television and telephone.

The male suspect claims to be illiterate and has no access to the media, his explanation for keeping Nazrin for two weeks.

He ekes out a meagre living as a scrap metal collector to support his wife and five children, all of whom stay in their one-room hovel.

The couple, who have been staying in Malaysia for the past five years as refugees under the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, is expected to be remanded today.

syilla
04-19-2007, 01:10 AM

Keep your word, Yin’s dad told
Wednesday, 18 April 2007, 08:28am

• Up to cops to investigate, says Yin’s dad
• Pasangan Myanmar diberkas, bapa Yin kena marah

©New Straits Times (Used by permission)
by Fadhal Ilahi Abd Ghani

KUALA LUMPUR: Yin’s father is being bombarded with text messages, accusing him of being ungrateful and not keeping to his word.

The senders are aghast that police have arrested the Myanmar couple who handed Yin back to his family.

They feel that Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin should step in and persuade police not to take any action against the couple as the boy was returned unharmed.

"I have been receiving an average of 70 text messages from the public. They want me to honour my word. They are accusing my wife and me of being ungrateful and not keeping my word," Shamsul said.

In one of his many pleas to the public, Shamsul had said that he would not take any action against the person who took Yin away if the boy was returned unhurt.

The 34-year-old bank officer and his wife Nor Amizah Ahmad, 27, were reminded that in most cases, the victims were never heard of again.

Shamsul, while admitting that he had said he would forgive the culprit if his son was returned safely, yesterday said the matter was out of his hands.

"The police had decided to arrest the couple. I cannot interfere in that," he said.

"Let the police decide if they are guilty. For me and my wife, we hold nothing against them. Yin has been returned to us unharmed. That is all that matters to us."

To show that he is a man of his words, Shamsul yesterday announced that he would hand over the reward money of RM13,000 to the couple if police find no case against them.

But if they are charged, the reward will be given to the Welfare Department.

A reward of RM15,000 was collected for the safe return of the boy. Shamsul has set aside RM2,000 for the National Union of Journalists for the media’s role in highlighting the boy’s disappearance.

Shamsul yesterday visited the Myanmar couple’s home in Sentul Pasar to see for himself the condition his son was living in during his two-week stay with the couple. He spent about an hour at the shack. He also spoke to neighbours.

"I cannot imagine that my son stayed in this shack. The shack and the surroundings are filthy," Shamsul said.

A visibly shaken Shamsul said no one should live in such conditions.

The brother of the female suspect met Shamsul at the scene. He pleaded with Shamsul not to take any action against his sister.

The man, in his 30s, explained to Shamsul that his sister was illiterate and that they did not have a television set at home, and that was why they did not know that Yin’s parents were looking for him.

The man also explained that his sister would go begging during weekends with her 2-year-old son and during that time, her husband stayed back to look after Yin and their other children.

He also explained that from Mondays to Thursdays, his brother-in-law would go out to look for scrap metal, leaving his wife behind with Yin and their children.

Yin, or Muhammad Nazrin Shamsul Ghazali, had gone missing on March 31 while shopping with his family at the Sogo department store in Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.

His disappearance sparked a two-week nationwide search which included several government agencies.

On Saturday, the Myanmar couple handed the boy back to his parents after seeing a poster of the boy near Sogo.

The Myanmar woman alleged that on the day Yin disappeared, she rescued him while he was trying to cross the road. She said she took Yin to Sogo and waited for more than an hour and took him back when no one came for him.

A day after the boy was reunited with his family, police picked up the 27-year-old woman and her 32-year-old husband who are now being investigated for abduction.

Their remand ends tomorrow.

north_malaysian
04-19-2007, 03:40 AM
I've seen Malaysia Hari Ini - MHI (Malaysia Today) on TV3 this morning, and there is a witness saying that he saw that boy selling fake DVDs at night, during those days when he was missing. The police is still investigating.

Tania
04-19-2007, 04:01 AM
Some updates
"Several calls were received this (yesterday) morning from witnesses who claimed to have seen Yin being used for certain activities," Zulhasnan said.

The male suspect claims to be illiterate and has no access to the media, his explanation for keeping Nazrin for two weeks.

He ekes out a meagre living as a scrap metal collector to support his wife and five children, all of whom stay in their one-room hovel.
I hope this will not become an abuse case from the police side. Its obviously they wanted to do good, they took the children only because they thought its a "street child". Why should send him to beg when they have their own 5 children :?

And i hope this withnesses are not the same which made that "joke phone" calls when Yin was still missing and his father know very well what kind of phone calls he received.!

From sis Syilla post number 4:

"His father, Mr Shamsul Ghazali Shamsuddin, said yesterday: 'It's heartless of them to do that (make crank calls) to us.

'My family and I are devastated. The past eight days have been a living hell for us. Why do people torture us? Please stop it, it's not funny.'

Tania
04-19-2007, 04:08 AM
I've seen Malaysia Hari Ini - MHI (Malaysia Today) on TV3 this morning, and there is a witness saying that he saw that boy selling fake DVDs at night, during those days when he was missing. The police is still investigating.
Thats ridiculous. He should be immediately arrested. The silence of a person for a crime is considered a crime too. If you see something wrong you have the duty to rescue the children, announce the police. If he saw the boy in the street why he didn't tried to rescue him :? Here he should be send in jail.

north_malaysian
04-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Thats ridiculous. He should be immediately arrested. The silence of a person for a crime is considered a crime too. If you see something wrong you have the duty to rescue the children, announce the police. If he saw the boy in the street why he didn't tried to rescue him :? Here he should be send in jail.
There are too many questions than answers for this tragedy.... We Malaysians are SO CONFUSED right now.

I hope this doesnt marginalise the Myanmarese community in Malaysia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.