/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Washington D.C.

Henry
07-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Assalam Alaikam!
So I was coming home from South Carolina (aligators, everywhere!) on a plane. We were supposed to connect with another plane in Washington, but we arrived way after the plane had taken off! Now, in Pennsylvania, basically everyone is Christian, and is either white, Mexican, or Black. Not much diversity (I'm the only Muslim in my school!). So I arrive in Washington, and I see people from everywhere! This is my first time actually having lots of people from Turky, Iran, etc. around me. I loved it by the way, as there were Muslim people all around me. Not ONE person I have met face to face was Muslim before this (Well, one person, but he isn't anymore when I met him)!

But the real thing that moved me was when I saw a women in her hijab in the shuttle. This was my actaul first time seeing a woman wearing a hijab right infront of me. So, what do I do? I pull out my Qur'an and start reading it (Lots of things were really ticking off my parents, because we had to drive hours and hours at midnight because we couldn't make the connection) so I was the only one with a positive attitude :p . But when we passed each other, I saw something that I haven't seen before. It was absolutely beautifull. What I saw was pure faith and love for Allah, and she was obviously proud of that. Tears were about to come down from my eyes, my face got all red, and it was all from truly seeing someone that has love for their Lord and expresses it every day.

I just wish I had been wearing my Kufi! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rsx
08-02-2005, 02:59 AM
congrats .... move out of Pennsylvania! :D :p

Muhammad
08-04-2005, 11:36 PM
:sl:

Masha'Allaah that is a very inspiring story! Indeed it does strengthen our own faith when we see the strength and conviction of our fellow brothers and sisters in Islam. May Allaah keep us firm on our deen, Ameen.

Jazakallahu Khayr for sharing that with us!
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.