/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ASlam malikun-how many rukas there r in each salah

sofia89
04-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I was wondering how many rukas there r in each salah and could some women give me a surah i could read during salah in arabic but writen in english

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khayal
04-13-2007, 11:46 PM
:sl:

Here is a link: you can find the way to pray, all in english.

Fajr = 2 Sunnah, 2 Fard.

Dhuhr = 4 Sunnah, 4 Fard , 2 Sunnah, 2 Nafil. ( 4 Sunnah, 4 Fard, 2 Sunnah are obligatory)

Asr = 4 Sunnah, 4 Fard. ( 4 Fard are Obligatory)

Maghrib = 3 Fard, 2 Sunnah, 2 nafl. ( 3 Fard, 2 Sunnah are obligatory)

Isha = 4 Sunnah, 4 Fard, 2 Sunnah, 2 Nafl, 3 Witter, 2 Nafl ( 4 Fard, 2 sunnah, 3 Witr, 2 Nafl are obligatory)

:w:

Ghira
04-16-2007, 01:34 AM
It is not recommended to pray after witr.

To define some words in terms of prayer...

Fard = means obligatory. You have to do it.

Sunnah = It is second after fard. additional prayers that is not necessary to pray but it is HIGHLY recommended and some consider it necessary to pray. It is the WAY of the Prophet and we will be rewarded for following him. On the Day of Judgement the Sunnah will compensate for Fard prayers that were not accepted or missed.

Nafil = voluntary prayers..Extra prayers like the ones mentioned above.

to learn more go to http://www.islam.com/salat/typesofprayers.htm
The rakahs (units) in each salaat are what the previous person posted. Except it is not recommended to pray after witr. Witr salaat should be prayed last.

Muslim Woman
04-16-2007, 01:52 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

format_quote Originally Posted by sofia89
I was wondering how many rukas there r in each salah and could some women give me a surah i could read during salah in arabic but writen in english
u may visit the links...looks useful :statisfie

Learn How to Pray

http://islam.about.com/od/prayer/a/learnsalaat.htm

Learn how to perform the Islamic daily prayers using internet multimedia

When I embraced Islam and was first learning how to pray, I tried to learn from a little prayer booklet I found in a bookstore. It was the only way available to me, as I didn't know any other Muslims and was not part of a Muslim community. I held the booklet as I prayed, and tried to pronounce the words and do the movements as outlined.

Today, there is no need for you to bumble along with a prayer book. Interactive websites and software provide audio, slideshow, and video instruction in the Islamic prayers. Listen to the Arabic pronunciation, and follow along step-by-step with the movements of the prayer.

Websites/Software to Learn the Prayers:

Cybersalat: Freeware multimedia computer program to teach Islamic prayer.

http://islam.about.com/gi/dynamic/of.../downloads.jsp
CyberSalat - A multimedia program that teaches young and new Muslims how to perform Islamic prayer. The program allows any of the daily Islamic prayers to be simulated on-screen.

http://www.islamic-world.net/multimedia/internet.htm

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
04-16-2007, 08:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sofia89
:salamext: :muslimah:

The 5 daily prayers upon a Muslim are:

Fajr : 2

Dhuhr : 4

Asr: 4

Maghrib: 3

Isha: 4

If all this is knew to you don't worry about the Sunnahs and Witr, just focus on 5 daily prayers. Later everything will fall into place and Alalh will make it easy for you insha Allah :)

See these links they are very useful Masha Allah.

How to make Wudu

http://islamweb.net/movies/ablution.swf

The Right Way to pray

http://english.islamway.com/flashpag...=782&hight=438

If you would like any further clarifications, please don't hesitate to ask for help :)

Muslim Woman
04-16-2007, 09:20 AM

Salaam/peace;

Words of Salat (prayer) with English translation

{ i did not not check the whole page , if anybody finds any error , pl. let me know . i put comments/edited a little bit within bracket}

Warning: Arabic text written on this page is for your convinence only and not to teach you Arabic.

It is your responsiblity to learn Arabic Tajveed properly from a local Alim. Remember you cannot learn proper Arabic Tajveed from internet or with help of any software, persense of an authentic teacher is a MUST.

You must learn how to distinguish between similar sounding Arabic letters.

Takbeer

"Allah Hoo Akbar"
[Only ] Allah is Great

SANAA

"Subhana Kalla Humma Wa Bee Hamdeeka
Wata Baara Kasmooka
Wa Ta'ala Jaddoo Ka Wa La ilaha Ghairuka"

O'Allah! All glory is due to You, I praise You, Your name is the Most Blessed, Your Majesty is highly exalted and there is none worthy of worship You.

TA'AWUZ

"Aaoo Zoo Billahee Minash Shaitaanir Rajeem"

I seek refuge with Allah from the accursed devil.

TASMIYAH

"Bimillah Hir Rahmaanir Raheem"

Allah, in whose name I begin, the Most Affectionate, the Most Merciful.

SURAH FAATEHA

"Alhamdo Lillahi Rabbil Aalameen

Ar Rahamaanir Raheem

Maaliki Yaomid Deen

iyya Kana Budoo

Wa iyya kanastaeen

Ihdinas Siratual Mustaqeem

Siratual Lazeena An Amtaa Alaihim

Ghairil Maghdoobe Alaihim

Walad Dualleen"

All praise is due to Allah, the Sovereign Lord of all the universes.

The Most Affectionate, the Most Merciful. The Owner of the Day of Retribution. O' Allah! You alone do we worship and You alone do we beseech for help.

Guide us to the straight path. The path of those whom You have Favoured.

Not of those who earned Your wrath and nor of those who went astray.

SURAH IKHLAAS

"Qul Hu wal-Laahu Ahad.

Allaa-hus Samad

Lam Yalid

Walam Yoolad

Walam Yakul Lahoo

Kufuwan Ahad."

Say, He is Allah, the One. Allah is All Independent. Neither He begot anyone nor He was begotten.

And none is equal to Him in any way.

RUKOO

"Subhaana Rabbi-yal Azeem"

Glory be to my Nourisher, the Most Great

TASMEE

"Samee Allahoo Layman Hamidah"

Allah listens to him who praises Him.

TAHMEED

"Rabbana Lakal Hamd"

O' our Sustainer! All praise is due to You alone.

SAJDAH

"Subhaana Rabbi-yal 'Alaa"

Glory be to my Nourisher, the Most High

TASHAH-HUD

"Atthayyato Lillahe Wassalawato

Wat Tayyebato

Assalamu Alaika Ayyohan Nabiyo

Wa Rehmatullahi Wa Barakatoh

Assalamu Alaina Wa Ala Ibadillahis Sualaiheen

Ashadu An La ilaah illal Laho

Wa Ashadu Anna Mohammadan

Abdohoo Wa Rasooluhoo"

O' Allah! You alone deserve all veneration, worship and glory. O'Prophet!

Peace be on you and the mercy of Allah and His blessings.

Peace be upon us and on virtuous servants of Allah.

I bear witness that none is worthy of worship save Allah and I bear witness that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is His chosen servant and His Messenger.

DUROOD-E-IBRAAHEEMI

"Allah Humma Salle Ala Mohammadiyon

Wa Ala Ale Mohammadin Kama Sallaita

Aala Ibharima Wa Ala Aalay Ibarhima

Inna Ka Hameedum Majeed.

Allah Humma Baarik Aala Mohammadiyon

Wa Ala Ale Mohammadin Kama Barakta

Ala Ibrahima

Wa ala Ale Ibarhima

Inna Ka Hameedum Majeed."

O' Allah! Send blessings on our master [leader] (Hadrat) Muhammad (peace be upon him) as You did send on our master [leader] (Hadrat) Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) and the progeny of Ibraaheem(peace be upon him).

You are, indeed, Praised, Glorified. O1 Allah! Bless our master (Hadrat) Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the progeny of Muhammad (peace be upon him) as You did bless our master (Hadrat) Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) and his progeny. Undoubtedly, You are Praised, Glorified.

DU'AA

"Allaa-humma Innee Zalamtu

Nafsee Zulman Kaseeran

wa Innahu Laa

Yaghfiruz-Zunooba Illaa Anta

Faghfirlee Maghfiratam Min 'Indika Warhamnee Innaka Antal Ghafoorur Raheem."

O' Allah! I have oppressed my soul and undoubtedly there is no forgiver of sins but You alone.

O' Allah! Forgive me and have mercy on me. Undoubtedly, You are the Most Forgiving, the Most Merciful.

Or this one:

"Allah Humma { i did n't read these 2 words }

Rabbana

Aatina Fid Dunya

Hasanah Wa Fil Akhirate

Hasanah

Wa Qina Azaban Naar."

O' Allah! Our Sovereign Lord, grant us good in this world and the world hereafter and protect us. from the torment of hell.

DU'AA-E-QUNOOT

Allaa-humma Innaa Nasta'eenuka wa Nastaghfiruka wa Nu'minu Bika wa Natawakkalu 'Alaieka wa Nusnee 'Alaiekal Khaier.

Wa Nashkuruka walaa Nakfuruka wa Nakhla'u wa Natruku Maien Yafjuruk.

Allaa-humma Ei-yaaka Na'budu wa Laka Nusallee wa Nasjudu wa Ilaieka Nas'aa wa Nah-fidu wa Narjoo Rahmataka wa Nakhshaa 'Azaabaka Inna 'Azaabaka Bil-Kuffaare Mulhiq.

O' Allah! We implore You for help and beg forgiveness of You and believe in You and rely on You and extol You and we are thankful to You and are not ungrateful to You and we alienate and forsake him who disobeys You.

O' Allah! You alone do we worship and for You do we pray and prostrate and we betake to please You and present ourselves for the service in Your cause and we hope for Your mercy and fear Your chastisement.

Undoubtedly, Your torment is going to overtake infidels.

Back to Learn Now page

Islamic Academy
2200 Los Rois Blvd, Suite 130, Plano TX 75074 - Phone 972-423-2626

http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/L...ranslation.htm

Muslim Woman
04-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Salaam/peace;

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah

The 5 daily prayers upon a Muslim are:

Fajr : 2

Dhuhr : 4

Asr: 4

Maghrib: 3

Isha: 4
I agree with it :statisfie

those who don't know how to pray , may start with compulsory/ MINIMUM salah only. Sunnah , Witr may make it hard for them at first.

Also ,i read somewhere if u don't know any Surah , then just say Bismi Allah , Allahu Akbar , Subhan Allah etc but do offer ur Salah. Try to learn slowly but steadily :)

about wadu/abolution , for the time being i guess it's ok if a new Muslim does only the compulsory /minimum washes.

O you who believe! when you rise up to prayer, wash your faces and your hands as far as the elbows, and wipe your heads and your feet to the ankles.....chapter 5 , verse 6

Insha Allah , everything will be ok.

here is a video link for salat ....i could not watch it on computer , u may try

http://www.islamicity.com/islamitv/?ref=869

Muslim Woman
04-18-2007, 01:16 AM

Salaam/peace;

i want to share this learning process of our revert bro with new Muslims.

....I didn’t have any idea about Islamic prayer and when somebody told me that it had to be done in Arabic language it all seems a big obstacle to me.

Because how could I ever learn this? Using a note? But how do you combine this with the correct position of the body?

One evening I was working on my laptop and suddenly I knew. Of course! Why not using modern technique? :D

So what I have done is this: with the application PowerPoint I made a slide show with on every slide one line of Arabic text, the Dutch translation and a picture with the correct position of the body.

I put the laptop on a low table in order to prevent me for raising my eyes to heaven, a typically Christian habit, and when I start the presentation slide after slide appears automatically at the right moment.

This method worked so well that not only very soon I prayed five times a day but it also appeared to be a very good method to learn the Arabic language.:statisfie

Surat Al-Fatihah I knew by heart after a few weeks and also the other parts of the prayer didn’t give any problems. At the moments that the free recitation comes to order I take the Qur’an and read some verses.

related link:

http://convertstoislam.org

Prayer Center
Learn Al-fatiha (software)

Ablution (Wuduu) video

Fajr (Dawn) video

Duhr (Noon) video

Asr (Mid-Day) video

Maghrib (Sun Set) video

Isha (Night) video

Learn Arabic on-line

Prayer times world wide

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.