/* */

PDA

View Full Version : prophet for all peoples?

doodlebug
04-13-2007, 03:03 PM
assalam alaykum

Somewhere in my travels I read that the Prophet Mohammed came for all people. I remember reading this in the context of the fact that Jesus came for the Jews, so who did Mohammed come for.

Does anyone know of a verse in the Quran proving that the prophet came for ALL people?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-13-2007, 03:06 PM
:salamext:

Jesus son of Mary, peace be upon him is being ordered to:

“Go to the lost sheep of the House of Israel!” Matthew 10:6]

Whereas Muhammad (peace be upon him) is being told:

"Say: 'O mankind! ! I am sent unto you all, as the Messenger of Allah, to Whom belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth: there is no god but He: it is He That giveth both life and death. So believe in Allah and His Messenger, the Unlettered Prophet, who believeth in Allah and His words: follow him that (so) ye may be guided." (Qur'an 7:158)

Pk_#2
04-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Each prophet was sent to their people, Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was sent to all of mankind.

:)

As a verse of the Qur'an reveals, " Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah and the Final Seal of the Prophets." (Surat al-Ahzab: 40), the Prophet Muhammad (saw) was sent to mankind as the last prophet. He was a living example of the sublime morality of Allah's last revelation.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

iqbal_soofi
04-13-2007, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by |)431)M1
Each prophet was sent to their people, Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) was sent to all of mankind.
That's very true. It's also written in Qur'an like this. Had he travelled to other parts of the world to spread the message of Allah to the mankind directly, the world would have been much different than now.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.