/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do you do?

mariam.
04-13-2007, 06:59 PM
what's your work or study field, how can you use your knowledge that you possess in the service of Islam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhlaamBella
04-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Well I'm going to study media when I get to college in september InshAllah. I'm hoping to find a way to get my views across to as many people as possible. The media seems a good way to start. Make dua for me please! :)

islam servant
04-13-2007, 07:44 PM
My sister MARIAM really , it is a very very good subject .Thanks a lot for openning such a subject . and I have a suggestion .Why not to make this page not only an introduction to each other's goals for serving islam , but also we can make this supject an active means to turn our goals to reality by helping each others . We can make this a very big project . Any way this is a mere suggestion .
I am a student in the faculty of Humanities , translation and language Department AND also I am student of religious science in an religious institute. My goal is to be very professional at my college and my institute to make da'wa to all the west .
say Amen ,please

AhlaamBella
04-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
islam servant
04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
thanks my best sister

AhlaamBella
04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
I like sis islam servant's idea. Anyone else agree? :D :D :D

'Abd al-Baari
04-13-2007, 07:50 PM
:sl:

I'm currently a high school student but Inshallah i want to go into Islamic Sciences maybe at the Islamic University of Madinah....Inshallah

edit
^yeh mashallah its a nice idea^

mariam.
04-14-2007, 10:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam servant
My sister MARIAM really , it is a very very good subject .Thanks a lot for openning such a subject . and I have a suggestion .Why not to make this page not only an introduction to each other's goals for serving islam , but also we can make this supject an active means to turn our goals to reality by helping each others . We can make this a very big project . Any way this is a mere suggestion .
I am a student in the faculty of Humanities , translation and language Department AND also I am student of religious science in an religious institute. My goal is to be very professional at my college and my institute to make da'wa to all the west .
say Amen ,please
Amen .. thank you sister for this suggestion I like it.

Ok ... what about me Iam a student in Interior design, but really I don't know how to use my knowledge that I possess in the service of Islam .. I Love Islam soooo much and I feel that I am responsible.
thanks Allah I Love my major but my only hope is to put my major in the service of Islam.

Iam soo desiring to make this suggestion factual.
peace

ummAbdillah
04-14-2007, 11:11 AM
salaam
I would love to study Islamic science but my college don't offer it :(
inshallah i will study it in uni
wa salaam

islam servant
04-14-2007, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
I like sis islam servant's idea. Anyone else agree? :D :D :D
of course with you sister ...:thumbs_up

islam servant
04-14-2007, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mariam.
thanks Allah I Love my major but my only hope is to put my major in the service of Islam.

Iam soo desiring to make this suggestion factual.
peace
Subhan that is exactly my desire. You know my sister , i am very enthusiat to do serve my religion . I love my religion very very much . I always feel that it is Islam is a part of my blood .
But tell me ...what is the meaning of the Interior design , may I can help you to serve our religion through your field .

islam servant
04-14-2007, 05:47 PM

now , let's begin and do not waste our time

The team of boys

1- Abdullah2907

The team of girls

1- mariam
2-DeepOcean
3-sister-aisha
4-Islam servant

I think we shall wait untill the team become ten members , then we shall begin afterthat . What are your opinions?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-14-2007, 05:51 PM

I'm going for Pharmacology, InshaAllah! And obviously, it's one of the best ways to help the sick. And InshaAllah, when I become successful, I won't make people pay who cannot afford. I don't think anyone should have to pay for their life, its unfair. That's my goal, InshaAllah. Helping mankind is a service to Islam as well :D

Sis servant, I truly love your idea, MashaAllah.

:w:

mariam.
04-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Subhan that is exactly my desire. You know my sister , i am very enthusiat to do serve my religion . I love my religion very very much . I always feel that it is Islam is a part of my blood .
But tell me ...what is the meaning of the Interior design , may I can help you to serve our religion through your field .
mm .. it's interior decoration :)

maybe this Link can explain it clearly

thank you sister .. peace

nurul3eyn
04-15-2007, 01:49 AM

well i'm currently in university
this is my first year yay!
well i'm doing health studies at the moment
for the first semester then I'm starting my midwifery course
yay! cant wait..
how this going to help?
Midwives are there to teach, educate
and empower women to take control of their own health care.
And assisting the mother to give birth and
guarding her and her newborn in this period.
It's rewarding! whether she's muslim or not.

mariam.
04-15-2007, 09:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurul3eyn

well i'm currently in university
this is my first year yay!
well i'm doing health studies at the moment
for the first semester then I'm starting my midwifery course
yay! cant wait..
how this going to help?
Midwives are there to teach, educate
and empower women to take control of their own health care.
And assisting the mother to give birth and
guarding her and her newborn in this period.
It's rewarding! whether she's muslim or not.

welcom sister nurul3eyn
Helping mankind is a service to Islam as well .. :statisfie

may Allah blessing you .. peace

islam servant
04-15-2007, 06:50 PM
[CENTER]
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy

Sis servant, I truly love your idea, MashaAllah.

Wow this means that you are with us ....

I think the list become ....

The team of boys

1- Abdullah2907 ( servant)

The team of girls

1- mariam ( head of servants )
2-DeepOcean ( servant )
3-sister-aisha ( servant )
4-Islam servant ( servant )
5- Jazzy ( servant )[/

islam servant
04-15-2007, 06:53 PM
mm .. it's interior decoration :)

maybe this Link can explain it clearly

thank you sister .. peace

sorry for my slow understanding ...
is the decoration encluding designs in computer? if this is true I think your field is very useful .

mariam.
04-15-2007, 07:53 PM
sorry for my slow understanding ...
is the decoration encluding designs in computer? if this is true I think your field is very useful .
O' sister don't said that .. Many people don't understand what I mean by Interior design, maybe I should said decoration design from the begining :statisfie.

so, when we will begin?

AhlaamBella
04-16-2007, 05:58 PM
[CENTER]

Wow this means that you are with us ....

I think the list become ....

The team of boys

1- Abdullah2907 ( servant)

The team of girls

1- mariam ( head of servants )
2-DeepOcean ( servant )
3-sister-aisha ( servant )
4-Islam servant ( servant )
5- Jazzy ( servant )[/

:D :D :D I love this lol. So sis what is the plan? Where do we go from here by helping each other?

islam servant
04-16-2007, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
:D :D :D I love this lol. So sis what is the plan? Where do we go from here by helping each other?
wonderful, you are very enthusiast . We will begin very soon my sweet sister.

islam servant
04-16-2007, 07:27 PM
so, when we will begin?

Thanks very much for your message , but I am sorrry I cannot reply because I am still a limited member and I have not the right to write private message except to the stuff .
I really respect you and I love you , and I hope to be with you in Paradise Insah'Allah.
My sister I only made this because you are the owner of the page and the idea came from you . But anyway I will not write it afterthat . But I am sorry I can't edit it because I am still a limited member in the forum and I do not have the right to edit my posts.

Ghira
04-16-2007, 08:03 PM
I want to make documentaries after I am done with my Major and also teach Islam at Islamic school...That is my dream. I love documentaries and I love teaching people about Islam. This my last year in college. I want to go to Islamic studies next and inshaAllah get my Bachelors in that as well.

islam servant
04-16-2007, 08:09 PM

Now lets begin my sisters . First of all I want to tell you a very important thing. That the projects in net is very very hard and need to be patient and this for many reasons, including them that most of the members in these projects are not serious . Sometimes we will find that there is not any active members except one or two only . Sometimes we will not be able to organise ourselves as we are not in the same country and we cannot remind each other with the works , meetings and other deeds. That's why I say that we must be patient ,even if we find ourselves very few , Insha'allah , we will succeed.

Secondly I suggest that now we must begin to open the way for suggestions to the the works that we can do to serve Islam according to the specializations which are available to us now . We currently have these specializations :

1-Decoration ( Mariam)
2-Media (Deep Ocean)
3-Pharmacy ( Jazzy)
4-Translation and Islamic science (Islam servant)
5-Islamic science (Aisha)
6-Islamic science (Abdullah)

Now I will explain more to make the idea more clear :

The first stage we will count the specializations which we have. Afterthat each of us will write the suggestions that he have to these specialiazations ; I mean suggestions of how we can make these specializations serve Islam.I suggest that this stage to be for three days .

After that we will begin the stage of training . In this stage we will help each others to be professional in our specializations. For example , DEEP Ocean read about a free course on net for training of decoration , she will tell Mariam to join it . Another example , Mariam know a professional man in the field of translation , she will tell him to train me, and so on ....
We will try to be as one man , each of us will help his brother .

The third stage , I think it to be the launching for serving Islam in practical field , and this stage we will talk about it in detail in the future Insha'Allah

islam servant
04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Thanks very much for your message , but I am sorrry I cannot reply because I am still a limited member and I have not the right to write private message except to the stuff .
I really respect you and I love you , and I hope to be with you in Paradise Insah'Allah.
My sister I only made this because you are the owner of the page and the idea came from you . But anyway I will not write it afterthat . But I am sorry I can't edit it because I am still a limited member in the forum and I do not have the right to edit my posts.
wow ghira , really a beautiful dream and I hope to achieve it soon .Also I hope to share us in our project to serve Islam .

islam servant
04-16-2007, 08:15 PM
ha ha ha
I want to make quote from your post Ghira , but I make a mistake and quoted myself
Anyway , I mean you by my last post

lolwatever
04-16-2007, 08:21 PM
hey u 4got 2 plug commerce there as well! :cry:

AhlaamBella
04-16-2007, 08:47 PM

Now lets begin my sisters . First of all I want to tell you a very important thing. That the projects in net is very very hard and need to be patient and this for many reasons, including them that most of the members in these projects are not serious . Sometimes we will find that there is not any active members except one or two only . Sometimes we will not be able to organise ourselves as we are not in the same country and we cannot remind each other with the works , meetings and other deeds. That's why I say that we must be patient ,even if we find ourselves very few , Insha'allah , we will succeed.

Secondly I suggest that now we must begin to open the way for suggestions to the the works that we can do to serve Islam according to the specializations which are available to us now . We currently have these specializations :

1-Decoration ( Mariam)
2-Media (Deep Ocean)
3-Pharmacy ( Jazzy)
4-Translation and Islamic science (Islam servant)
5-Islamic science (Aisha)
6-Islamic science (Abdullah)

Now I will explain more to make the idea more clear :

The first stage we will count the specializations which we have. Afterthat each of us will write the suggestions that he have to these specialiazations ; I mean suggestions of how we can make these specializations serve Islam.I suggest that this stage to be for three days .

After that we will begin the stage of training . In this stage we will help each others to be professional in our specializations. For example , DEEP Ocean read about a free course on net for training of decoration , she will tell Mariam to join it . Another example , Mariam know a professional man in the field of translation , she will tell him to train me, and so on ....
We will try to be as one man , each of us will help his brother .

The third stage , I think it to be the launching for serving Islam in practical field , and this stage we will talk about it in detail in the future Insha'Allah

Sounds simple enough. I'll start seraching now then lol :D

mariam.
04-17-2007, 10:47 AM
:statisfie Amen .. I Love you too sister.

peace

zaria
04-17-2007, 01:07 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum Wa Barakatuh,

This is a wonderful topic.

I do Administration (billing) and It doesn't has nothing to do with my religion but it does pays the bills. Insha'Allah he blesses me and my intendant to work for ourselves so that I can be at home more to contribute stronger in strengtening our imans. Ameen.

M..x
07-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Why is Law under 'other'...Prejudice =P LOL... I don't know how it can help.. Erm maybe I can help a Muslim get out of jail =P Nah I'm only doing it cause I enjoy it *goes red*

Islam_is_peace
07-07-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm learning in an islamic school, alhamdulillah :)

jannat
07-08-2008, 08:50 PM

great post sis, i hope inshallah me studying computers will be beneficial to islam and ummah inshallah, in the future.
I hope inshallah Allah SWT helps u all in ur chosen fields and what u do will help islam, help u in this dunya and akhira inshallah.:statisfie

Amat Allah
07-15-2008, 04:45 AM

I `ve studied biology.....I loved the Idea mashaa Allah:smile:

may Allah reward you with Jannat Al ferdous...:smile:

Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

yigiter187
07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
i am an english teacher in turkey..

Musaafirah
07-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Umm, it didn't have my exact topic, but I clicked Biology, as I am studying Biomedical sciences and am currently training in a laboratory, where we receive samples and process them for the presence if pathogenic bacteria.
I've always wanted to help people in the sense of either finding a cure, or helping in the diagnosis of whatevers wrong with them. But not necessarily as a doctor (the only reason is because of the sheer length of time it takes to qualify).
I'm happy where I am at the mo, but am thinking of maybe going into research once I'm qualified, but am keeping my options open Insha'allah!

crayon
07-17-2008, 01:02 AM
Journalism inshAllah.

qassy!
07-21-2008, 02:16 AM
I do computer programming, networking and business.

Al-Zaara
07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Law, inshaAllah.

Intisar
08-27-2008, 04:01 AM
:sl: I'm starting college in January inshaa'Allaah. First I wanted to do journalism, and with all of the travel without a mahram I decided to opt not to, then I wanted to do pharmacology but it would be too much Math and Science (which I hate). So I've decided to get an undergraduate's degree in ECE (Early Childhood Education) and then getting a Master's in Education in order to become a High School principal inshaaAllaah. I really want to work at an Islamic school inshaaAllaah. :)

Germanrose20
08-27-2008, 05:19 AM
Asalaamu Aleikum,

Well, my job and my college are in too very opposite fields. I work for the Air Force as a Supply Technician. It basically entails the same duties that a Purchsing/Procurement Agent, I buy materials and tools for my co-workers to uphold the facilities we live and work in.

In college, I am finishing up my general education courses for the degree I will get from the Air Force. It is a Associates in Logistics.
For myself I will be studying history, no specialty yet, I am not sure where I will specialize yet. For that matter, I may change my degree later on, not sure yet. Allah (swt) will guide me.

How my work or studies helps Islam? I would say with my job, I bring alot of Dawah since not many muslimahs serve in the Air Force (not to my knowledge) and it is often a topic of discussion. I get the chance to awnser alot of different question from alot of different people.

Waleikum Salaam Sisters and Brothers,

May Allah (swt) guide us all in this Dunya....

ayan333
08-27-2008, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister-Ameena*
:sl: I'm starting college in January inshaa'Allaah. First I wanted to do journalism, and with all of the travel without a mahram I decided to opt not to, then I wanted to do pharmacology but it would be too much Math and Science (which I hate). So I've decided to get an undergraduate's degree in ECE (Early Childhood Education) and then getting a Master's in Education in order to become a High School principal inshaaAllaah. I really want to work at an Islamic school inshaaAllaah. :)

SubhanALLAH...you jus described everything i went through (still in the proces) except the jounalism part,thats wut my sister is doing at the univeristy of Georgia

My Fathe rkeeps asking me wut im going to do in thefutur and i always blow him off,not in a bad way,jus agree and nod my head..but since it i smy last year in high school i have no choice but to think..subhanALLAH.its so hard

i want to be a doctor or a nurse but i hate math a science...so that aint going to work...i want to live in Mekka very soon,even go to uni there,i want to go to Umm Al-Qura InshALLAh but i hav eto wait untill i graduate from high school then apply which if i dnt get accpeted would put me behind in school,and thats a big no no..so i plan on applying to college here for the first year then InshALLAH apply for Um AL-Qura,and InshALLAH get accpeted

ive heard in Mekka,Alot of English teachers are needed,is this true?[/COLOR

im willing to do anythingand everything to get to Mekka,even if i major in Education and teach jus to ill have a high percentage of getting a job asap

so wut do yall think?im i crazy for majoring in wut ever will get me a comfrotable life in Mekka?

InshALLAH,Praying at Masjid AL-Haram will make up for anything i might of missed out by not beocming a doctor

..off to school now *sigh*

Ansariyah
08-27-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm in High School but in the future I want to become a child Psychologist.

I also want to work with Dolphines...dunno if such a profession really exists?...InshaAllah.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
^ zoo-ologist?

Germanrose20
08-27-2008, 02:38 PM
Masha'Allah, that would be awesome if you could work with Dolphins.
As a small child I always envisioned working as a horse trainer, but it somehow never worked out. Insha'Allah I will be able spend more time with animals.

Al-Zaara
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
I also want to work with Dolphines...dunno if such a profession really exists?...InshaAllah.
Marine biologist specialized on dolphins? Dolphin trainer?

newsister
08-31-2008, 10:43 PM

i am studying a few things at the moment english , Math , Mental health Awareness and IT

the year after i want to do Intro to Counseling and then go on to do Counseling and then become a Counselor

Re.TiReD
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by newsister
the year after i want to do Intro to Counseling and then go on to do Counseling and then become a Counselor
AssalamuAlaykum

Masha'Allah sister :)

It'll be a long 4/5 years to qualify but all the best :)

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
It'll be a long 4/5 years to qualify but all the best :)
Nah, 5 years ain't bad at all sister, if you want to have an good education inshaAllah.

islamirama
09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Just a note to the sisters:

This ummah doesn't need female engineers, nor other male dominated field specialists. This ummah need sisters that can benefit this ummah and their sisters, in fields such as medicine (especially pediatrics, gynecology), in teaching (especially IT in ME), and other such fields where she can benefit the ummah, other sisters, and kids.

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

ive heard in Mekka,Alot of English teachers are needed,is this true?

im willing to do anythingand everything to get to Mekka,even if i major in Education and teach jus to ill have a high percentage of getting a job asap

so wut do yall think?im i crazy for majoring in wut ever will get me a comfrotable life in Mekka?

InshALLAH,Praying at Masjid AL-Haram will make up for anything i might of missed out by not becoming a doctor

..off to school now *sigh*

wa'alaikuma s'salaam,

What Middle East needs is either female doctors or teachers, especially IT teachers. IF you can get a BSc in IT field then inshallah you can easily get a teaching job at a girl's school over there. But you will need a mahram to go with otherwise you're not going anywhere.

Re.TiReD
09-08-2008, 08:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Nah, 5 years ain't bad at all sister, if you want to have an good education inshaAllah.
Lol I didnt mean it was bad, it may be for some though so just thought I'd mention it since I'm one year down and four to go alhamdulillah.

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm sure she knew the amount of time to spend studying already, things like this aren't usually planned without knowing anything about the time and such. :D

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu

Re.TiReD
09-09-2008, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I'm sure she knew the amount of time to spend studying already, things like this aren't usually planned without knowing anything about the time and such. :D

Selam aleykum we rahmetallahu
:exhausted It was just a comment, I didnt make it to increase her knowledge nor did I make it as a negative point...I just made it. You read into my posts too much

WassalamuAlaykum

Al-Zaara
09-09-2008, 02:29 PM
This ummah doesn't need female engineers, nor other male dominated field specialists. This ummah need sisters that can benefit this ummah and their sisters, in fields such as medicine (especially pediatrics, gynecology), in teaching (especially IT in ME), and other such fields where she can benefit the ummah, other sisters, and kids.
Actually, at most extent I agree with you. Especially female doctors are needed.

Sanam
09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
this is so sad, there is no Business and Management!

this is just too sad :(

Silver
01-28-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm a med student. I wish I can help out people who cannot afford to get proper treatment...

Silver
01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
I agree, actually the number of female doctors in Lebanon is rising. In med schools now, more than half of the students are females. A few decades ago, it was rare to find female medical students...

Anette
01-28-2009, 02:50 PM
I work as a teacher in Swedish as a second language. Many of my students are Muslims. I'm trying hard to increase the understanding between people with different religions and origins. I don’t know if it’s counts? :)

MO783
01-28-2009, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Baari

I'm currently a high school student but Inshallah i want to go into Islamic Sciences maybe at the Islamic University of Madinah....Inshallah

edit
^yeh mashallah its a nice idea^
nice idea, May Allah make you successful and evrybody else Inshallah

:)

Believer_786
02-12-2009, 03:05 AM
BSc Computer Games Programming :-[

My 2 years at college were really bad, first year for being lazy, second year for not being very well throughout. I failed Biology so I too ka path in computing which somehow led to CGP. My mum tells here friends I do Computing, not teh specific course, she's ashamed of me, lol.

Al-Hanbali
02-12-2009, 11:14 PM
:salamext:

No one for Maths ... ? :x

Mujahidah4Allah
02-12-2009, 11:24 PM

nope no maths, i teach at a boarding school...

wa/salam

sevgi
02-13-2009, 10:30 AM
History and literature but seeing as I have now completed my lit degree and am continuing through with history, I chose history.

Ws.

~Raynn~
03-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I guess people prefer taking something like engineering, accounting, etc... rather than studying pure maths...

Cabdullahi
03-30-2009, 07:59 AM
i study custodial arts

saba muslimah
03-30-2009, 08:05 AM
Yup I agreed Raynn
Well i have done D.A.E in Architechture... now M CAD Designer in a private Firm..Engineering is my field & Arch designing is my passion.
but inshaAllah i will b do something for "Special Children school"
"May Allah fullfil my wish" aaameen Plzz
i request u all Pray for me
JazakAllah

~Raynn~
03-30-2009, 04:58 PM
^ That sounds amazing...wish you all the best! :)

islamlover_girl
04-06-2009, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saba muslimah
Yup I agreed Raynn

but inshaAllah i will b do something for "Special Children school"
"May Allah fullfil my wish" aaameen Plzz
i request u all Pray for me
JazakAllah
May Allah helps u
that`s looks amazing

kwolney01
04-06-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm currently studying law InshAllah I will graduate this winter!! :) And, InshAllah I plan on studying Islamic studies!

I think law can really help the Muslim community here in America. A lot of women Muslim's may not feel comfortable talking to a male about things concerning the law and I hope to help them. I know family law would be a great area of law for the Muslim community, but I plan on going into business Law, or maybe even human rights law and help my fellow brothers and sisters! :)

With a degree in Islamic Studies I hope to one day inshAllah become a teacher at a Masjid or Islamic school! I would love to teach the little ones and become a mentor for the recent women converts since I'm a convert!

saba muslimah
04-06-2009, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
I'm currently studying law InshAllah I will graduate this winter!! :) And, InshAllah I plan on studying Islamic studies!

I think law can really help the Muslim community here in America. A lot of women Muslim's may not feel comfortable talking to a male about things concerning the law and I hope to help them. I know family law would be a great area of law for the Muslim community, but I plan on going into business Law, or maybe even human rights law and help my fellow brothers and sisters! :)

With a degree in Islamic Studies I hope to one day inshAllah become a teacher at a Masjid or Islamic school! I would love to teach the little ones and become a mentor for the recent women converts since I'm a convert!

MashaAllah Very Nice...
Best OF luck Dear:smile:
"InShaAllah U will Achieve Ur Goal Of Life"

kwolney01
04-07-2009, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saba muslimah
MashaAllah Very Nice...
Best OF luck Dear:smile:
"InShaAllah U will Achieve Ur Goal Of Life"
Thanks sister! :D

Jazak Allah Khair

VidiaStarLight
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
I am studying Interior Design at the moment and graduate...hopefully...next year in May, but I am returning the following semester to finish my degree in Middle School Education - Math, Social Studies, and Science.

Why Interior Design....I want to be able to create an atmosphere for someone so that they can live in peace and love their environment so that they can become better people outside of their home....does that make sense because I can't seem to write my reasoning clearly....

Why Middle School Teaching...I want to teach younger students so that they have a better grip on the world around them...some places are not wanting the students to broaden their horizons and go beyond what is on the Major Exams that the schools themselves based their performance on.

convert
04-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Software engineer. Working on Arabic, hifz (so I can study inshaAllah), and getting married (don't see this happening unfortunately).

VidiaStarLight
04-21-2009, 04:07 AM
I want to learn Arabic, especially the Moroccan Dialect. My husband's family speaks Moroccan Dialect. :D

islamlover_girl
04-21-2009, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by VidiaStarLight
I want to learn Arabic, especially the Moroccan Dialect. My husband's family speaks Moroccan Dialect. :D
I can help u in learning Arabic in shaa Allah.
it`s a pleasure.

try this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/1...beginners.html

also download this book then ask ur husband to teach u Arabic using it,it`s the best book for learning Arabic to the foreigners from zero level
http://www.archive.org/details/arabicbyh-pdf

I am an Arabic girl and I can help u in learning it online in shaa Allah
may Allah helps you

VidiaStarLight
04-21-2009, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamlover_girl
I can help u in learning Arabic in shaa Allah.
it`s a pleasure.

try this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/arabic/1...beginners.html

also download this book then ask ur husband to teach u Arabic using it,it`s the best book for learning Arabic to the foreigners from zero level
http://www.archive.org/details/arabicbyh-pdf

I am an Arabic girl and I can help u in learning it online in shaa Allah
may Allah helps you
Thanks. The sites should be helpful. I am a semi-fast learner.

islamlover_girl
04-21-2009, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by convert
Software engineer. Working on Arabic, hifz (so I can study inshaAllah), and getting married (don't see this happening unfortunately).
May Allah helps u to achieve ur goals ,don`t worry it will happen soon in shaa Allah, just make duaa repeatedly .

islamlover_girl
04-21-2009, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by VidiaStarLight
I am studying Interior Design at the moment and graduate...hopefully...next year in May, but I am returning the following semester to finish my degree in Middle School Education - Math, Social Studies, and Science.

Why Interior Design....I want to be able to create an atmosphere for someone so that they can live in peace and love their environment so that they can become better people outside of their home....does that make sense because I can't seem to write my reasoning clearly....

Why Middle School Teaching...I want to teach younger students so that they have a better grip on the world around them...some places are not wanting the students to broaden their horizons and go beyond what is on the Major Exams that the schools themselves based their performance on.

WOW, r u an interior designer like me
cool
did u see my work, here u can see it
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...r-designs.html

ur goals in life is great ,really interior designs improves our character and middle school is a very important step which affect peoples personality all over there life ,it helps them to be either smart and good people or misunderstand the world and stupid ones.may Allah helps and guides u to acheive ur goals in life.

VidiaStarLight
04-21-2009, 05:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamlover_girl
WOW, r u an interior designer like me
cool
did u see my work, here u can see it
http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...r-designs.html

ur goals in life is great ,really interior designs improves our character and middle school is a very important step which affect peoples personality all over there life ,it helps them to be either smart and good people or misunderstand the world and stupid ones.may Allah helps and guides u to acheive ur goals in life.
It won't let me...:P
"VidiaStarLight, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

But right now I am currently trying to get my work up onto a website....hope I can get it done this summer. :) I graduate in May 2010 with the Interior Designer Degree and then three years after that I will graduate again the the Education Degree. I hope...:P

I would PM you and all but it won't let me do that either..:D

MASTERofMINDS
05-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Well i'm doing Computer Science (or Software Engineering)... And i wanna b an expert in Reverse Engineering...

I also wanna b the world's Greatest HACKER so that I can destroy ALL the PORN sites with its content which has worst effect on our society... May ALLAH help us in achieving our goal... Aameen...

GreyKode
05-23-2009, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MASTERofMINDS
Well i'm doing Computer Science (or Software Engineering)... And i wanna b an expert in Reverse Engineering...

I also wanna b the world's Greatest HACKER so that I can destroy ALL the PORN sites with its content which has worst effect on our society... May ALLAH help us in achieving our goal... Aameen...

AMEEN bro, maybe I can help you, I am more into hardware. :D

Yanal
05-24-2009, 01:24 AM
What we all can do brother is stay away from it and warn muslims not to stray past the fence as they say.

Clover
05-25-2009, 04:08 AM
I plan on going to college for a degree (Doctorate) in Military History.

wafi
05-25-2009, 04:18 AM
im Computer technician now doing my degree in IT Data Comm.

in my point of view working itself and having a job is ibadah .. u go to work to showing manners , give ur self and family money & shelter... its all part of ur ibadah .. ur life routine can be ibadah in everything u do even in eating food just intend it as a job for jod sake ...

thx

MASTERofMINDS
05-25-2009, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Jr
What we all can do brother is stay away from it and warn muslims not to stray past the fence as they say.
that's the only option we have but i'm determined to my aim...

Yanal
05-27-2009, 04:19 AM
MashAllah but you will obviously have to view the pictures and you may get a legal fine or jail,would you want tht? I guess if you do u are doing it for Allah and in jail u can pray..inshAllah everything will work out as you plan.

MASTERofMINDS
05-29-2009, 09:52 AM
MashAllah but you will obviously have to view the pictures and you may get a legal fine or jail,would you want tht? I guess if you do u are doing it for Allah and in jail u can pray..inshAllah everything will work out as you plan.
then what's the meaning of HaCkEr :skeleton:??? tHE oNE wHO cAn't b cAughT eASily!!!!

And the world's best means....... u can imagine.......

and regarding watching pictures I'll develop a program to which will recognize those aUtOmaTiCally!!!!!

Got it????

Woodrow
05-29-2009, 10:38 AM
I am actually retired from a few careers.

Retired Psychologist
Retired Military Pilot

Still call myself retired, but am now a horse Rancher.

I just do what I can to share Islam with everybody I meet. The advantage of being retired, often have time to talk to people.

I live in an area about the size of the UK and There are only 8 to 10 Muslims in the area. The area consists of the following reservations

Cheyenne river, Lakota Sioux Reservation
Pine Ridge Oglala Sioux Reservation
Sisseton-Whapeton Sioux Reservation

Yanal
06-01-2009, 11:49 PM
I am hoping to become a teacher in history...and after retirment a small sheikh:).

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-02-2009, 12:50 AM
I gotta update myself. I originally clicked on Pharmacology. Im still gunna do that but also im doing Bioscience at the moment. Then after that it'll be Pharmacology...inshaAllah =D Bachelors in bioscience and masters in pharmacology.

Yanal
06-02-2009, 01:08 AM
^ How much does all of that cost ?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Not cheap thats for sure...to be quite honest, I'm doing this cuz my parents want to see me that way. I was only planning on my bachelors...then go for islamic studies..:)

Yanal
06-02-2009, 01:14 AM
My problem is the money..I am hoping to spend the least I can either for policemen or teacher(computers) so I can earn money and stay online on LI!

ragdollcat1982
06-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I am pursuing an online degree in Religious Studies and Theology. I am more of a self learner though and am mostly a self taught person. Lately learning about Islam and how it relates to women, marriage and family has become my passion.

Yanal
06-02-2009, 04:01 AM
Do travel agencies pay a lot ?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-03-2009, 04:49 PM
My problem is the money..I am hoping to spend the least I can either for policemen or teacher(computers) so I can earn money and stay online on LI!
I understand...I think in some way we all are, some more than others...but I seem not to have much of a choice. Just doing it for my parents, partly :/

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ragdollcat1982
I am pursuing an online degree in Religious Studies and Theology. I am more of a self learner though and am mostly a self taught person. Lately learning about Islam and how it relates to women, marriage and family has become my passion.
I've always thought of doing that. I was thinking I'd make that my minor. We'll see.

Yanal
06-04-2009, 04:08 AM
zAk do travel agents get paid decently ?

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 08:45 PM
I plan to do computer networks inshallah and then emmigrate somewhere in the middle east and make loads of money and fund loads of projects :)

Yanal
06-04-2009, 10:38 PM

What job is computer networking ?

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Every office has a network, it's the thing that connects all the computers together so they can all use the same printer and share other resources like files and databases.

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
what I'd be doing is making the network (connecting all the computers together) and then maintaining it, fixing any problems that may arise with it.

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 10:41 PM
brother qassy does it too, I can't edit my posts that's why I posted 3 times :(

Yanal
06-04-2009, 10:42 PM

How much do they get paid ? Any access to compute Internet ?

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 10:43 PM
it depends on much experience you have, I think it starts at 18 k per year but I've seen networking jobs that have 40k-45k a year salary.

Yanal
06-04-2009, 10:48 PM

Any places in Vancouver Canada ?

Salahudeen
06-04-2009, 10:49 PM
i'm sure there is, you can do that job anywhere

Um Idrees
07-01-2009, 11:30 PM
assalamu'alaykum,

alhamdulillah i am an elementary school teacher. i've always wondered wether i should just quit and be more involved in da'awah activities here in the west. but my little brother told me that people like me are fortunate because what better opportunity to give da'awa than being in an educational institution and teaching the future generation about our lovely deen. subhan Allah i think this is an ideal profession to be in Insha Allah. May Allah accept all our good intentions and deeds.

جوري
07-01-2009, 11:40 PM
i posted comment in wrong section sorry

GuestFellow
07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
Well I am going to study Law and become a lawyer. I am starting the ILEX course soon to become a legal executive. Move my way to become a Solicitor then with enough experience, work as a Coroner.

I might learn Arabic and work for Saudi Arabia. They are looking for lawyers to help them deal with international affairs. I might have to memorise the Quran and be an expert in Islamic issues and EU legal issues.

I am not sure if I want to work as a Coroner or for Saudi Arabia. Tough road since I will face some discrimation in the UK legal field becoming a Coroner and I will face problems in Saudi Arabia trying to balance family life + work life. More difficult since travelling very far to work. Money is an issue too...

I'm so interested in helping tackling poverty issues and family disputes. I will give up some of my time to work at CAB for free.

I just hope things go well and smoothly.

Bittersteel
07-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I plan on going to college for a degree (Doctorate) in Military History.
can you get a job in military academies/institutes,then?

Is there a great demand for electrical engineers or civil engineers abroad?

liya
07-04-2009, 10:25 PM
alhamdlilah i finished this yr university ( english literature) and i applied for this job as a translator to help translate religion books into english so make dua for me guys !! ... hope it be as Allah want to be insha allah

Woodrow
07-06-2009, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aziz
can you get a job in military academies/institutes,then?

Is there a great demand for electrical engineers or civil engineers abroad?
Unless things have changed since the 1970s there is a big demand, but it is for American Corporations such as Brown & Root, Procon, Haliburton, etc.

ژاله
07-06-2009, 04:29 AM
i will be in my sophomore year inshallah after vacations.i plan to major in physics and then study astrophysics after graduation inshallah...

Mohamed_
09-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Computer science.

I'm a student at a high school, and I'm studing I.T. there, if I can pass this school then I could be an Administrator of any system (I build), and also can be a good programmer. :)

But my school supports a couple of these things... Even website master, and it's even teaches you how to set-up / install servers, make your own websites, forums and so on... It really supports many thing.

I don't know you know anything about ECDL exams, but the school gives it free for me.

vlamrko
09-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Malaak, i found astrophysics units fascinating last semester, i hope you enjoy your endeavour.

i am currently studying for my PHD (double major) in law and scriptwriting at yale university, and my second double is for a masters in ethics and literature.

i do not intend to practice law but to record and analyze its place in different societies and write articles regarding my findings from an encouraging Islamic point of view. my ethics degree will also aide to this endeavor.
i also write fiction and scripts for theatre and film, which vary in genre but maintain an element of service to Islam in each. i hope to ensure uninformed people of an Islam which is kind and honest and important to everyone.

Woodrow
09-11-2009, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vlamrko
Malaak, i found astrophysics units fascinating last semester, i hope you enjoy your endeavour.

i am currently studying for my PHD (double major) in law and scriptwriting at yale university, and my second double is for a masters in ethics and literature.

i do not intend to practice law but to record and analyze its place in different societies and write articles regarding my findings from an encouraging Islamic point of view. my ethics degree will also aide to this endeavor.
i also write fiction and scripts for theatre and film, which vary in genre but maintain an element of service to Islam in each. i hope to ensure uninformed people of an Islam which is kind and honest and important to everyone.
I believe you are the only Eli we have on the forum. Excellent choice of school. In the 1950's it was my second choice, I was very much interested in physics then and one of my best friends was a young up coming Professor who was a former Student of Dr, Einstein. But, I thought I had a religious calling and chose Seminary to become a priest. That lasted one semester and I suddenly become a frustrated ex-Catholic who got accepted forthe old Aviation Cadet program and became an F-86 pilot. A move that changed my life and was one of the stepping stones that brought me to the path of Islam.

Cabdullahi
09-11-2009, 11:47 AM
im a custodian who has perfected custodial arts

Alim Apprentice
10-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Almost done with my bachelors in Communications Engineering :)

InsyAllah armed with skill, knowledge and determination, I'll elevate the status of science and technology throughout the Ummah. Sounds far fetched? ;)

Eliphaz
10-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Civil Engineering graduate. Looking for a job. :exhausted

Make dua for me that I can work for a big enough company to work abroad in a Muslim country!!

Iris
10-31-2009, 10:56 PM
I am a fresh graduate from med school Alhamdulillah...about to start post-grads soon(residency training) in psychiatry inshaAllah.

Caller الداعي
10-31-2009, 10:58 PM
im a fresh graduate from islamic sciences

GuestFellow
10-31-2009, 11:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Well I am going to study Law and become a lawyer. I am starting the ILEX course soon to become a legal executive. Move my way to become a Solicitor then with enough experience, work as a Coroner.

I might learn Arabic and work for Saudi Arabia. They are looking for lawyers to help them deal with international affairs. I might have to memorise the Quran and be an expert in Islamic issues and EU legal issues.

I am not sure if I want to work as a Coroner or for Saudi Arabia. Tough road since I will face some discrimation in the UK legal field becoming a Coroner and I will face problems in Saudi Arabia trying to balance family life + work life. More difficult since travelling very far to work. Money is an issue too...

I'm so interested in helping tackling poverty issues and family disputes. I will give up some of my time to work at CAB for free.

I just hope things go well and smoothly.
Well I have to update this! I am currently doing the ILEX route. I am NOT going to work in Saudi Arabia. I still have an ambition to work as a Coroner when I grow up. The area of law that I shall be practising is Wills and Probate. I am on a part time basis working the CAB (Citizen Advise Burea).

I'm continuing to learn Arab and studying the Qur'an and the Hadiths in my free time!

So thing are going very smoothly.

tw009
01-09-2010, 06:37 AM
Im studying International Business... in my second year.

Italianguy
01-09-2010, 07:36 AM
I am a business owner, CEO/President of a company i started 6 years ago at age 24. I am also a university student, with a double major in Christian appologetics and accounting,. And already have an electrical engineering degree. I may go to medical school next....God willing.

My father was a lawyer, a Neurologist and a Forensic accountant. He had a law firm and a med practice as well as offered private corporate accounting services:phew

I know.......and yes we live in college;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!