/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Armed Police Seize Two Women

NooralHaya
07-31-2005, 04:56 PM
anyone know the latest regarding these women?

Armed Police Seize Two Women
Source: Press Association

Press Association

Armed police arrested two women at Liverpool Street station and evacuated the area, officers said. The suspects were pinned to the ground in a dramatic swoop on the central London station, witnesses said.

One woman is thought to have been in a queue for the Stansted Express when she was pushed to the ground by police.

British Transport Police said the operation was carried out by Scotland Yard officers and confirmed that the site was being searched. Both the mainline station and the Underground station were evacuated.

A BTP spokesman said: "The two women were arrested at around 1.54pm and the station is now closed, the Tube is passing through on a non-stop basis.

"Police are now looking at a number of suspect packages and searching the station."

A witness told BBC News 24 that plainclothes police "suddenly burst into the main centre of the station and arrested two women.

"They pinned them down on the floor, put their hands behind their backs, put handcuffs on them and took them away," he said. All the station staff arrived and started evacuating the station. They've now evacuated the whole of Liverpool Street station and some of the streets nearby. There are now hundreds of people surrounding the station who were trying to catch a train and can't get in."

He said: "One witness said one of the women was queuing at the Stansted Express ticket office and another said they saw a rucksack nearby on the floor, but I didn't see that."

He said he saw plainclothes officers "wearing caps which indicated they were police".

"I was getting off one train, and probably about 20 yards away from one of the those women when she was arrested. Initially there was obviously a bit of chaos. They tried to push people away and tried to stop people taking pictures with their mobile telephones. They were gradually pushing people further and further back."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Amatullah
07-31-2005, 05:33 PM
Asalamu Alaykum
Subhanallah! First it was the men,now the woman. This fear of terrorism is getting out of control. It seems like now that every Muslim is always a suspect even when doing regular things. Do you know what they have done.

minaz
07-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Let's not all jump to conclusions, wait for the police to give an official statement :)

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saido
Asalamu Alaykum
Subhanallah! First it was the men,now the woman. This fear of terrorism is getting out of control. It seems like now that every Muslim is always a suspect even when doing regular things. Do you know what they have done.
Who said they were Muslim?

Sorry to sound pedantic, but just the principle of jumping to conclusions bothers me. The article didn't specifically say they're Muslim.

Don't get the wrong idea, I'm distressed to hear this too - but at least the cops didn't shoot them five times in the head.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
NooralHaya
07-31-2005, 08:16 PM
yea there was actually nothing in the article hinting at them being muslim [that would be an assumption, and as muslims being angered by people assuming we're all terrorists, then we shouldnt assume these 2 women were muslims] Allahu alim. unless people read more other than this article which stated that they were muslim. if thats the case inshaAllah hook us up with a link

imaad_udeen
07-31-2005, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim
:sl:

Allaahu Alaam, i have not heard about this latest case of state terrorism. May Allaah make it easy for these two innocent sisters.

:w:
How do you know if they are innocent.

Bittersteel
07-31-2005, 09:30 PM
how do yuo know they aren't?They arrested them just beacuse they saw a rucksack?

minaz
07-31-2005, 09:35 PM
One witness said one of the women was queuing at the Stansted Express ticket office and another said they saw a rucksack nearby on the floor, but I didn't see that."
The person who mentioned rucksack didn't even come forward to say it to the media, and the one who did come forward didn't see it. Either way it's still early days yet.

Ummu Amatullah
07-31-2005, 09:56 PM
People!! the sisters are most likely to be muslim, I mean something like that only happens to muslims these days not saying they were muslim but a probability. :-\ .Was there a reason this took place?Not surprised police brutality is becoming popular these days.

Muezzin
07-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Police brutality may or may not have become popular, but that doesn't make it legal. I doubt police officers would want to put their job on the line. They do have mouths to feed.

Halima
08-02-2005, 03:48 AM
Subhanallah, there are more muslim women being harassed ever since July 7, 2005.

Abubakar
08-03-2005, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
People!! the sisters are most likely to be muslim, I mean something like that only happens to muslims these days not saying they were muslim but a probability. :-\ .Was there a reason this took place?Not surprised police brutality is becoming popular these days.

:sl: Sister

I suggest you cut out the idle speculation.

"Only happens to Muslims these days" I think you should look further than the end of your nose, in case you had not noticed there is a Brizilian family who are mourning the death of their son at the hands of the Police.

Yes there was a reason that this took place. The woman had left her rucksack on the ground and was walking away from it. When challenged by Police she refused to answer and tried to avoid them. The other woman was travelling with her.

Both women were released, without charge.

I think sister that you are jumping to conclusions and acting as though we are victims. Of course we may get a little more harrasment it is understandable but to take a victims stance is over the top and counter productive.

I would advise you to try thinking about these matters from another perspective, about how the rest of the country feels and then do something to counteract any fears they may have.

Stand up be strong, we are Muslims, we have Allah.

Peace

Ummu Amatullah
08-03-2005, 01:38 PM
:sl:
:clever: of you for advice bro.I already know that we aren't the only ones being treated harshly.I mean look at America you'll be surprised at what they do to Black Americans.Really sad though :-\ .It's just that we since the beginning of time have been treated so harshly.Allah will always be with us that's why we're so strong both spiritualy and physically. :thumbs_up
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.