PDA

View Full Version : Quran Ringtones

Hashim_507
04-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Is it haram to have Quran ringtones?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ABWAN
04-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I really don't know. But I wonder what would happen in the masjid during salah when someone's cell phone starts ringing and has a Quran ringtone! that would be a bitter pill to swallow for the imam!

DAWUD_adnan
04-14-2007, 09:48 AM
LolL lol lol thats right!!!

Muslim Woman
04-14-2007, 09:54 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&

format_quote Originally Posted by ABWAN
I really don't know. But I wonder what would happen in the masjid during salah when someone's cell phone starts ringing and has a Quran ringtone! that would be a bitter pill to swallow for the imam!

before salah , one should mute the phone /switch off. otherwise , does not matter if it's Quran ringtone or what , it will disturb all.

I find Quranic ring tone idea just fine......will remind us of Allah .....but hey , i m not qualified to give fatwa i.e. if it is haram or not . U may submit ur question in a Fatwa section of Islamic forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Knight
04-14-2007, 09:55 AM
What happens when you go into the restroom and in the middle of business, the phone rings?

Kittygyal
04-14-2007, 10:05 AM
salamualikum.

Alot of people i know have got Qura'an ringtones on there cells, but i would not have it because like the brother said ^ what if you do take it to the restroom thats just so out of order. But then again i am not really sure.

Ma'assalama

Muslim Woman
04-14-2007, 10:07 AM

Salaam/peace ,
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Knight
What happens when you go into the restroom and in the middle of business, the phone rings?
ummm, r u asking me ? I see no problem with Quranic ringtone in the middle of business .....will remind Muslims of Allah , will make non-Muslims curious about Islam ........:D

before entering rest room , u can put ur phone outside the room if it's safe ; otherwise just don't answer the phone or make it mute +o( for few minutes :)

ok, let me hear why it should be considered as Haraam ???

Kittygyal
04-14-2007, 10:11 AM
salamualikum.

your joking right sis? we can't have Qura'an in the restroom how can we have ringtone in the restroom. There's no difference to me apart from instead of a book it's a tone but still it's allah subhanwtallah's words and ytou wouldn't still take it in a inappropriate place now would we?

Ma'assalama

'Abd al-Baari
04-14-2007, 10:13 AM
:sl:

I'm just speaking from what my dad told me, he asked a friend of his a Mufti who told him it was wrong to have Quran as ringtones but it is disrespectful towards the Quran if the phone was to go of in the restroom (as the bro said)

Allah knows best

Muslim Woman
04-14-2007, 10:27 AM

Salaam/peace ,

no , of course i m not joking . I downloaded a music of Islamic song last week as ringtone. When someone hears it , usually they love it & ask the lyrics & i tell them about the wordings .

I dont' think it's haraam to think about Allah in the restroom or remember His name there . There are few dua/supplications those we are supposed to say while enterng restroom / relieving ourselves etc. If pronoucing /rememberilng Allah is allowed in that position /place , then why & how a ringtone can be haraam ??????

if our intention is good , if we keep the phone away from the body ....why it should be considered as forbidden ?

sometimes i feel tired to see how Muslims can argue over every small details....... is not it a waste of time & energy ????

But still Insha Allah , i will agree if u can show me a more logical reason :)

jzcasejz
04-14-2007, 10:38 AM
Check this thread out inshaAllaah:
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...ell-phone.html

'Abd al-Baari
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
:sl:

Jazakallah Bro^ :)

Kittygyal
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
salamualikum

Shukran for that bro.

Ma'assalama

Muezzin
04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
If a Quranic ringtone goes off in the London Underground, prepare for gunfire.

That was a joke.

Kittygyal
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
salamualikum.
^ OM... lol you are hilarious dude next will be a bomb :X
ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.