/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Aren’t Muslim Women Converting to Christianity?

Muslim Woman
04-16-2007, 01:47 AM

I seek refuge in Allah (The One God) from the Satan (devil) the cursed, the rejected

With the name of ALLAH (swt) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

Why Aren’t Muslim Women Converting to Christianity?

Ahmer Muzammil
April 25, 2006

Majority of the Western media and the Pat Robertsons of the world will have you believe that Islam is the most backward religion in the world.

They will make a case that Islam is oppressive to women; it preaches hate towards anyone and everyone. They will blow fire out of their mouths about how all practising Muslim men are nothing but wife beaters.

I have a simple question: why is it that even after all this oppression we never hear of Muslim women whether they are living in Islamic countries or even in the west converting to Christianity or Judaism or Hinduism or any ‘ism’ for that matter?

We will hear the Irshad Manjis and Asra Naumanis trying to "INNOVATE" in Islam by pleading to us how lesbianism and illegitimate children are fine and how this behavior should be encouraged in Islam. But even they will never say that another religion is the answer.

On the other hand, despite open prejudice and harassment to some degree, Islam is spreading in Europe and America like wild-fire.

It is however ironic though that after all the persecution and bad media and your Orielys and 700 clubs, Rush Limbaughs and Michael Savages, Islam is still thriving in the heart of America. Ouch!

Spare a thought for the neo-cons. No wonder Dick Cheney keeps getting one heart attack after another.

[ is it ok to laugh here , hahahaha :D :p ]

Here’s a million dollar question, though: Why are these western women with their freedom and mini skirts and open societies and whatever else that are the signs of a “Free woman” dumping all of that and running towards “The Big, Bad, Backward Islam”, obviously of their free will?

(Unless the Bush administration is the Taliban in disguise.)

http://www.chowk.com/show_article.cg...hannel=gulberg

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
04-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Well, the "spreading like wildfire" in the "heart of America" is vastly overstated, but the difference here is cultural, not so much religious. People from the West automatically believe, and in most cases are correct, that those who experience the freedom of expression and stability achieved in the West will want keep that freedom. The cultural norms in the Middle East and the surrounding region are vastly different than those in the West. Yes, it is a product of religion in some cases, but also cultural. What those in the West view as oppression might not be looked at that way by the "victim". The feminist movement has made this mistake repeatedly in the way they label and attack traditional women and their cultural norms.

siFilam
04-16-2007, 02:24 AM
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

:salamext:

excellent post sister. Jazakallah Khair for sharing.

wasalam
-SI-

جوري
04-16-2007, 03:14 AM
To practice Christianity fully to a Muslim woman is to be oppressed... You have to compromise between culture and religion as one clearly doesn't suit the other ... Separation of church and state, gives this false sense that women are liberated religiously but they are not.

if they are to follow their religion fully, they will find themselves in a bind in the process of starting another reformation... Since many things are just deemed unacceptable by today's standards-- and that to me is not religion as the word of G-D shouldn't be subject to whimsical interpretation. @ this rate a few centuries down the line, murder and theft and G-D knows what else will be allowed away in another reformation.
If Christian women were to follow their religion, it would be incumbent upon them to do the following...

(1 Corinthians 11:3-12)

The head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head. A man ought not to cover his head,[a] since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.

Revelation 14:4 "Those are those (men) who did not defile themselves with women, for they kept themselves pure. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among men and offered as first fruits to God and the Lamb."

I'd feel awful if I thought G-D thought of me as something that debases a man!

"Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." 1 Timothy 2:11-14

^^ few examples
I'd be so confused not knowing which bible version to follow.... this is excerpt from "Church of Humanity Unchained"

The status of woman

The original Church was harsh on women: Austin Grayson subscribed to the notion that "man is the head of the woman", and thus women were limited to be mothers and wives. After the Grayson Civil War, each branch of the Church refined its conceptions on women. The Grayson branch adopted a somewhat gentler view; the Masadans exacerbated their misogyny to extreme views, blaming women for the fall of man.

Following the example set by Barbara Bancroft during the Civil War, the Grayson branch came to see women as givers of life who had to be preserved from any danger and risk, even if that meant that women would not be allowed to pursue professional goals or any other goal outside of family duties. This was done, ostensibly, to "protect" women, and even after the reforms that have swept over Grayson, protection of women is engrained into every aspect of Grayson's culture.

On Masada, however, as they were collectively blamed for "the Fall of Man", women remained to be considered as chattel, having no rights whatsoever and belonging to their fathers first and later to their husbands. Women were forced to wear veils, among other misogynist impositions dictated by the Masadan branch of the church. The status of women during the Manticoran occupation is not known, although there have been mentions of widespread murders of husbands and church officials.

Perhaps as a result of the Church's early view of women, it is common to refer to the Church of Humanity Unchained as "Father Church".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_...nity_Unchained

Anyhow-- I don't want to get into a religious debate... To me becoming Christian would be so confusing... I think I'd choose to just be a (theist) if there were no Islam. So I so thankful for this gift..

Gnight!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
04-16-2007, 04:05 AM
The vast majority of the claims of oppressed Muslim women comes from secular organizations, not Christians. The feminist movement in the U.S. is particulary involved.

Philosopher
04-16-2007, 04:21 AM
This question cannot be really be answered as there may be various reasons.

Philosopher
04-16-2007, 04:22 AM
We need to be considerate about the QUALITY of the converts, not the QUANTITY :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.