/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hop and skip away from conversion

Mahad
04-17-2007, 12:03 AM
I am a non-Muslim (so to say), white, upper-class male living in a very wealthy part of Colorado. I have been studying Islam completely on my own since the seventh grade. I am now out of high school. Just graduated, on my way to college. I have read the Qur'an, am slowly learning Arabic, and have completely given my heart and soul to Allah. The only thing is, to make a conversion complete, the shahadah must be recited in the presence of at least two Muslim adults. The problem is, I live in a caucasian, upper-class resort town where there is most likely NO Muslims and I live 100 miles from the nearest Islamic centre. Please, any insight or advice please inquire.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-17-2007, 12:16 AM
:sl:

That is great news Alhamdullilah! :)

You can check out http://islamicfinder.com/ to see if there are any close Masjid's near your area. You should be able to find one Insha'Allaah.

Alternativley, you can type it out here and the forum members here can bear witness for you Insha'Allaah! Just say the following:

Ashhadu anla ilaha il Allah, wa Ashadu anna Muhammad-ur-Rasool-Allah
I bear witness that there is none worthy of Worship except Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad (pbuh) is the Messenger of Allaah.

Don't waste any time in saying it. Say it right now, and then you can say it again if you wish at a Masjid Insha'Allaah. :)

Mahad
04-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Ash hadu anla ilaha il Allah, wa ash hadu anna Muhammad-ur-Rasool-Allah.

I bear witness that there is no deity but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His Messenger.

جوري
04-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Allah Akbar Allah Akbar Allah Akbar

May Allah make you an instrument to do great work on this earth and grant you heaven's high mead in the hereafter...

Amen Amen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-17-2007, 12:34 AM

Alhamdullilah!, Welcome to the family brother! :D

May Allaah bestow upon you the best of this world, and the Hereafter and make you of the dwellers of Paradise. :)

Mahad
04-17-2007, 12:53 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum, Peace be with you, Al Madani and Purest Ambrosia. Though I have recited shahadah interactively here in the presence of my fellow brothers in Islam, I shall venture to my nearest Masjid (which is 2 hours drive away) in the very near future where I will recite shahadah once again in the presence of Muslim adults. This is also the city in which I will join the Muslim Student Association at the university I will be attending next fall (University of Colorado). This is my first step on my journey as a servant of Allah. Alllahu Akbar.

جوري
04-17-2007, 01:07 AM

May Allah increase your knowledge and faith.. Insha'allah

uni of Colorado is great... what is your intended field of study Insha'Allah?

http://www.uchsc.edu/som/

فاطر 35 28 وَمِنَ النَّاسِ وَالدَّوَابِّ وَالأَنْعَامِ مُخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهُ كَذَلِكَ إِنَّمَا يَخْشَى اللَّهَ مِنْ عِبَادِهِ الْعُلَمَاءُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَزِيزٌ غَفُورٌ

[35:28] ---- who truly reverence GOD are those who are knowledgeable. GOD is Almighty, Forgiving.

Check out this website.. I think it is a nice quick read
http://www.al-sunnah.com/colors.htm

:w:

MustafaMc
04-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Allahu akbar! God is Great!

Alhamdulillah! All praise and thanks are due to Allah!

Allah has guided you to the truth from among so many in USA who are misguided. From your message I take it that you began studying about 5 years ago. I too am a Caucasian, and became a Muslim in 1982. Insha'Allah, God willing, you will be a staunch believer and not stray from practicing Islam sincerely the rest of your life.

syilla
04-17-2007, 01:50 AM
Allhamdullillah.........

mashaAllah...

Allahuakbar....

May Allah grant u success in this world and hereafter...

ameen....

Woodrow
04-17-2007, 02:59 AM
Allahu Akbar,

Welcome Home Brother

Al_Imaan
04-17-2007, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Madani
May Allaah bestow upon you the best of this world, and the Hereafter and make you of the dwellers of Paradise. :)
alhamdulillah...and ^^ameen to ur dua'

Azhir
04-17-2007, 03:16 AM
As-salaamu' Alaikum Brother

WELCOME
Its just so great to witness more and mroe people reverting. Inshallah it will continue.

Wa-salaam
:thumbs_up

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-17-2007, 03:27 AM

MashaAllah! Allahu Akbar!
SubhanAllah, welcome to the Ummah brother.
May Allah bless you and your future generation and keep you amongst the righteous, InshaAllah, Ameen!! :statisfie
Ameen to the other wonderful Du'as!

Um_ahmad
04-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Mashalla, Brother that was the first time I have seen anything like this, Welcome. Allah is the greatest, Islam is the best and most fair relegion. :)

Umm Yoosuf
04-17-2007, 05:44 AM
:salamext: :muslimah:

Congrats Brother. Welcome to Al-Islam. May Allah keep you and us on the right path :)

lyesh
04-17-2007, 06:53 AM
:sl: brother!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
ALLAH AKBAR!!! :D:D:D:D:D

May Allah Guide you to the straight path always!!! ameen! :)

gladTidings
04-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Assalamualikum wr wb.

MashaAllah, Alhamdullilah...Congratulations on your conversion and WELCOME to the Ummah :) *cries a tear of happiness*

Snowflake
04-17-2007, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mahad
I am a non-Muslim (so to say), white, upper-class male living in a very wealthy part of Colorado. I have been studying Islam completely on my own since the seventh grade. I am now out of high school. Just graduated, on my way to college. I have read the Qur'an, am slowly learning Arabic, and have completely given my heart and soul to Allah. The only thing is, to make a conversion complete, the shahadah must be recited in the presence of at least two Muslim adults. The problem is, I live in a caucasian, upper-class resort town where there is most likely NO Muslims and I live 100 miles from the nearest Islamic centre. Please, any insight or advice please inquire.

Alhumdulillah, it's wonderful to hear this sister. Do you have paltalk? I've heard people say the shahadah on their mics while witnessed by admins and other paltalk users. It really is a beautiful experience to hear it inshaAllah.

you can download paltalk here inshaAllah. :)

www.paltalk.com

lolwatever
04-17-2007, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mahad
Assalaamu Alaykum, Peace be with you, Al Madani and Purest Ambrosia. Though I have recited shahadah interactively here in the presence of my fellow brothers in Islam, I shall venture to my nearest Masjid (which is 2 hours drive away) in the very near future where I will recite shahadah once again in the presence of Muslim adults. This is also the city in which I will join the Muslim Student Association at the university I will be attending next fall (University of Colorado). This is my first step on my journey as a servant of Allah. Alllahu Akbar.
congrats bro welcome :D

All the best!

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-17-2007, 10:41 AM
:salamext:

Allahu Akbar! MashaAllah brother, may Allah guide you towards righteousness, ameen.

Umu 'Isa
04-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Allahu akbar! Masha Allah! Congrats bro, May Allah keep you firm on the deen ameeen!

Also you might want to read this: 'It is not essential for one to declare one’s Islam before witnesses in order for it to be valid'

Snowflake
04-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Mahad
oops, didn't see this post before, and my apologies for thinking it was from a sis. Anyway, welcome to Islam bro. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala grant you the higest level of imaan and keep you guided on the right Path. Ameen.

Muhammad
04-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Masha'Allaah, welcome to Islam brother :)

All praise is due to Allaah for having guided you to the Right Way.

May He increase you in knowledge and in faith, Aameen!

Feel free to ask any questions or for any help you might need.

amirah_87
04-17-2007, 12:25 PM

MashaAllah TabaarakAllah.. Ameen to all previous duaahs.

May Allah keep you steadfast upon the deen.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-17-2007, 12:26 PM
another proof for fitrah :D

Alhamdulillah :D :D

Al-Hanbali
04-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Masha'ALLAH bro.

Welcome to Islam.

May Allah keep us all steadfast on the deen...ameen

sevgi
04-17-2007, 01:37 PM
subhanallah

elhamdulillah

allahuakbar

does anyone else have tears in tears in their eyes or is it just me??? im like a hop and skip away from bawling my eyes out...

welcome brother...(two hours drive is more than a hop n skip ay..:P) jsut kidding...i welcome you with ALL MY HEART!!! and so does that of islam where all our hearts beat together...

Mashallah. May Allah always walk before you.:)

Beblessed
04-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Allahu akbar!
Subhanallah!
Allhmduliah!

Ameeen to all duas that has been said
May Allah grant you Jannah al fardous ameen :)

- Qatada -
04-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum (peace be upon you) brother Mahad. :)

May Allaah make the path to paradise easy for you, ameen.

‘Amr ibn Al-‘Aas narrates, “When Islam entered my heart, I went to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and said, ‘Give me your hand so that I may pledge allegiance to you.’ The Prophet spread his hand, but I withdrew mine. He said, ‘What is wrong ‘Amr?’ I said, ‘I want to make a condition.’ ‘And what is that?’ he said. I said, ‘That Allah will forgive me.’

Then the Messenger of Allah said, ‘Did you not know that Islam wipes out what came before it, and that Hijrah [Emigration for Allaah's cause] wipes out what came before it and that Hajj [the Pilgrimage performed in Makkah] wipes out what came before it!” (Sahih Muslim).

So all your past mistakes and sins are forgiven inshaa Allaah. :)

If you ever have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask! You're next step will be to learn how to pray Salaah [the 5 daily prayers.]

Whenever you got the time, you could check these links out:

http://www.sparklywater.com/sparklywater/downloads.html
http://www.islam.com/salat/salatfinal.html

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/
http://muslimconverts.com/prayer/how-to-pray-intro.htm
http://muttaqun.com/prayer/toc.html

How to Pray

Peace.

anonymous
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
WHOOP WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BROOOOOO N WELCUM 2 DA DEEEEEEEEEENNNN !!!!

bint_muhammed
04-17-2007, 05:22 PM
mashalla! brother this the best thing you'll ever do trust me! any advice or help needed just ask! may Allah swt guide us all!

umm-sulaim
04-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Mashaa' Allah!! (what Allah wishes) May Allah keep us all firm upon the truth and may Allah make your new road easy for you brother,

wassalaam

SUMMAYAH
04-17-2007, 07:41 PM
congrats.........:)

Omer21
04-20-2007, 05:49 PM
Allahuakbar! assalamualikum! welcome brother!

------
04-20-2007, 06:01 PM

Congratulations! Welcome to Islaam brother! You've got all your sins wiped out! Plus, you're a Muslim now! :D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-20-2007, 06:03 PM

Allahu Akbar!!

MashAllah! Welcome to LI Islamic Forum, our new brother of Islam!

May Allah Ta'ala grant you success in this world and Hereafter!

FatimaAsSideqah
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM

Brother Mahad, you can take to look at this link: http://www.islamicedfoundation.com/guide1.htm

This is for only New Muslims..

Abdul Fattah
04-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Selam aleykum
ALhamdoelillah (=all praise be to Allah subhana wa ta'ala) for guiding you to Islam. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala continue to guide you brother. Must be hard being isolated in a non-muslim enviroment. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala make it easy for you.

*charisma*
04-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Allahu akbar!! May Allah continue to guide you and reward you for your great efforts ameen!! If you need any help, we're all here for you inshallah.

fi aman allah
w'salaam

FatimaAsSideqah
04-20-2007, 10:26 PM

I just wonder any of you heard about brother Mahad at moment? How is he getting on?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
04-20-2007, 10:55 PM
ALLAH HU AKBARRRR!!!! ALLAH HU AKBARRR!!!

*does the three point shoulder to shoulder hug* welcome brother, may Allah give you happiness in this life and a place in Jannah in the afterlife.

very amazing how Islam reached you even though you are surrounded by no Muslims.

Pk_#2
04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Alhamdhulillah!!!

Welcome to the ummah bro :)

May Allah (Swt) guide you to the straight oath and tmake the path to jannah easy for you, Ameen (Say ameen)

Peace and be good :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.