/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Who is better - A Reciter or a Worker?

iqbal_soofi
04-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Who is a better person.

One who earns his living just by reciting Quran

or

the one who earns his living by working honestly?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi
Who is a better person.

or

You're strongly implying that by earning a living by reciting Quran is not working honestly. You have clearly stated that in the post.

To answer your question, a person can not be categorised as better or worse simply on the basis of earning a living. It is a persons action/character that defines thereself.

lolwatever
04-17-2007, 10:11 AM
Who is a better person.

or

personally i hate the idea of making a living off things that should be done for free. seriously.

whether it be reciting quran or making a profit on dawah work especially when you're not doing it full time and you're able to cover your expenses and make profit via another method.

:w:

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Who is a better person.

or

:salamext:

I read in 'Fataawa Islamiyya' (a compilation of fataawa of sheikh ibn Baaz, ibn Uthaymee rahimahullaah and ibn Jibreen, with also some fataawa from the permenant committee) that you cannot earn a living by reciting Qur'an, but it is permissable to charge people for teaching the Qur'an.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FBI
04-17-2007, 10:48 AM

I think he means a imam or a quran teacher, they're also jobs, so nothing wrong with them, it's killing two birds with one stone.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FBI

I think he means a imam or a quran teacher, they're also jobs, so nothing wrong with them, it's killing two birds with one stone.
:wasalamex

He said recite, not teach. And an imam doesn't work to recite the Qur'an, he leads the prayer. But if that's what he meant, khayr.

FBI
04-17-2007, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm 'Abdullah
:wasalamex

He said recite, not teach. And an imam doesn't work to recite the Qur'an, he leads the prayer. But if that's what he meant, khayr.
I think that's what he ment, shockingly some muslims see jobs as being a quran teacher/imam as not real jobs.

siFilam
04-17-2007, 11:16 AM
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Every halal job in society serves an important purpose. We need people in every sector of the work force. Therefore a Imam is needed for our spiritual development and the general workers for our day to day necessities. But Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said the best among you is the one learns the Qur’an and teaches it to others.
That’s my answer: the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it to others

Wasalam
-SI-

iqbal_soofi
04-17-2007, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by siFilam
In The Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

Every halal job in society serves an important purpose. We need people in every sector of the work force. Therefore a Imam is needed for our spiritual development and the general workers for our day to day necessities. But Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) said the best among you is the one learns the Qur’an and teaches it to others.
That’s my answer: the one who learns the Qur’an and teaches it to others

Wasalam
-SI-
What's a halal job? You mean a job done with honesty. True? Also we know that there's no such profession or job of reciting Quran in Islam. Nobody asks directly for money for reciting Quran. People just donate money to those who recite Quran in a beautiful way. I don't think you'd disagree with me upto this point.

Now when some people find that it's very easy to get money by exploiting the spiritual needs of Muslims, then they start using their skill of reciting Quran in front of people. They don't ask for their wages knowing that people would automatically start putting hands into their pockets and donate them. In fact they play with the psychology of the Muslims. I've observed some beggars playing this kind of tricks in public places and buses. Even though they play tricks to get money out of the pockets of Muslims, but Muslims don't want to call them thugs. The thugged Muslims satisfy themselves by saying that they donated in the name of Allah, so Allah will take care of them. They thugs know it very well and they play more with the psychology. The advance form of these thugs don't even go to beg in the public places and buses. They make their own public gatherings where they apply different spiritual tools to get donations and funds in the name of development of the spiritual needs of the people. Now let's examine the behavior of the majority of the Muslims with developed spritual needs. There's more intolerance and unrest in them. Also there's more corruption and greed of money in societies where there's more development of spiritual needs. Rich Muslims are getting richer and poor are getting poorer in those areas where the spiritual developers are at large.

siFilam
04-17-2007, 01:40 PM
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

They don't ask for their wages knowing that people would automatically start putting hands into their pockets and donate them. In fact they play with the psychology of the Muslims. I've observed some beggars playing this kind of tricks in public places and buses. Even though they play tricks to get money out of the pockets of Muslims, but Muslims don't want to call them thugs. The thugged Muslims satisfy themselves by saying that they donated in the name of Allah, so Allah will take care of them. They thugs know it very well and they play more with the psychology. The advance form of these thugs don't even go to beg in the public places and buses. They make their own public gatherings where they apply different spiritual tools to get donations and funds in the name of development of the spiritual needs of the people.

Ok, agreed that these people exist and their goal is to swindle money from others. But lets not generalize here. And the Muslims are not afraid to call them as “thugs” if the evidences are clear.

Now let's examine the behavior of the majority of the Muslims with developed spritual needs. There's more intolerance and unrest in them. Also there's more corruption and greed of money in societies where there's more development of spiritual needs. Rich Muslims are getting richer and poor are getting poorer in those areas where the spiritual developers are at large.
I’m not sure what your definition of “spiritual need” is? I define it as struggle to get closer to Allah. A person in this path of struggle would experience unrest due to their internal battle against their personal desires and yearning. But intolerance? How does intolerance fit in here? And why would there be more corruption and greed in such a society if majority of Muslims are engaged in spiritual struggle for the sake of Allah.

wasalam
-SI-

iqbal_soofi
04-17-2007, 04:31 PM
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Ok, agreed that these people exist and their goal is to swindle money from others. But lets not generalize here.
When you say OK that these people exist whose goal is to swindle money from others, then you also not sure who these people are. You too are generalizing. Can you name a few?

And the Muslims are not afraid to call them as “thugs” if the evidences are clear.
When did Muslims call any such person a thug. Give me one example. Rather, I'm the only person here who call them thugs and all of you guys get annoyed with me for that.

The reason is that those who are thugged are never ready to admit that they're being thugged. They think that they're very smart and nobody can thug them. They're not ready to admit that there's hardly anything positive or constructive they ever did in the name of religion. It's only the exploitation of the name of Islam which is done by all these thugs. Some of them are very highly qualified in this profession.

I’m not sure what your definition of “spiritual need” is? I define it as struggle to get closer to Allah. A person in this path of struggle would experience unrest due to their internal battle against their personal desires and yearning. But intolerance? How does intolerance fit in here?

wasalam
-SI-
One of the biggest brain damage these thugs cause to the educated Muslims is that they mix up desires and ambitions with greed. They get funding from some greedy rich Muslims and mislead the ambitious and intellegent young Muslims. It's the ambition of every honest and intellegent person to rise and make positive achievements. The thugs term these important ambitions as worldly affairs and keep the Muslim intellegentia away from the progress and prosperity which they deserve. In this way the few rich Muslims get an easy control over the majority of misled Muslims.

And why would there be more corruption and greed in such a society if majority of Muslims are engaged in spiritual struggle for the sake of Allah.
This is the question which I have been asking again and again on this forum. Nobody could answer to this question that why there's more corruption in societies where there is more mullahism. Instead of answer it you are not ready to acknowledge that there is any corruption in fundamentalist societies at all; whereas the fact is that the fundamentalists do all kinds of things for money in the religious societies and then they justify their corruption with religion somehow or the other. We read many cases in which people aquired the public land illegally and built mosques on them. They built their homes attached to the mosques. The funding for most of the mosques and the attached homes is provided by persons whose sources of income are doubtful for every Muslim.

MinAhlilHadeeth
04-18-2007, 10:58 AM

The person who aims to earn money for his recitations will face Allah, let's leave it at that. I don't see any reason for this thread to stay open;

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.