/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doritios/cheetos are NOT HALAL

Pure
04-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Dear Friends:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this weekend my little niece, Haniya, told me that her friends had called Frito-Lay and found out that Doritos have pork in them. Well, I was shocked and a little skeptical. However, when I called the company, they confirmed that their cheese products were not halal -- they actually used the term 'halal', which I found impressive even though the disclosure was disconcerting. She said they use enzymes in making the cheese for their cheetos and doritos that come from pork. I asked when they started doing this, and she said the last 2 years they became aware of it. I wanted to start a petition requesting them to find alternatives, but she said it would be best for individuals to call, because each call is registered. So, if you are going to miss cheetos and doritos as much as I am, please call Frito-Lay at 1-800-352-4477, Monday - Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm.Also, pass on this info. to whomever you know.

--Huda

Salam,

I have just called the Frito-Lay company and spoke with one of the representatives personally. I have confirmed that they do in fact add porcine (pork) enzymes to the cheese in some of the cheetos and doritos products. I recommend that you also call and tell them that they can gain a larger consumer population from the Jewish and Muslim communities if they make sure to keep their products pork free.

Please visit their website for further info: Seasoned Products Made Without Porcine Enzymes

--Pure (This is myself)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
04-17-2007, 03:56 PM
:salamext:

Jazaak Allaah khayr sis, so its only cheese flavour doritos right?

Pure
04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
wa iyyakum brother.. please pass this information on to all those you know. Remember, this applies to some of the products. Click on the link in my first post, it has the complete list of products that do not have the pork enzyme. Those products are halal to eat inshallah.

Kittygyal
04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
salamualikum.
What about chilli?

Ah. That sux i want some crisp now

Ma'assalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pure
04-17-2007, 04:35 PM
lol

check the list link

Skywalker
04-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't live in the US, but we do have Cheetos and Doritos where I live, in Egypt. Do they use the same enzymes here as well, or just in non-Muslim countries?

Samira_01
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/E...il&eventId=297

chk dis out!

Skywalker
04-17-2007, 07:05 PM
This doesn't answer my question of whether they use the same ingredients in all of their international branches.

Kittygyal
04-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Salamualikum.
^ Bro Nah not really, so just munch ya self on them don't worry about it am 100% sure there differ:p, Nah seriously nerxt all the walkers crisps are going to be dead :D
Ma'assalama

Talibatul Ilm
04-18-2007, 02:28 AM
someone told me even some of the ones that arent cheddar flavored still have cheddar in it [like doritos ranch for instance] Allah knows best. subhanAllah so many things to stay away from

HIJABI***
04-18-2007, 08:59 AM
doritos chilli?????????????????? they my fav crisps
oh well its all kool
thanx for lettin us knw

Pure
04-18-2007, 02:26 PM
I strongly advice that you call the number on those chip packets and ask them. In Egypt it maybe different. It is best to ask and find out.

Skywalker
04-18-2007, 03:32 PM
I think though that even if I did ask, they'd probably say 'no' because unlike America, the consumers here are 90% Muslims, and if it got out that they were using those enzymes, they'd be out of business. In Egypt at least...

I don't think they would be honest if I asked.

rania2820
04-18-2007, 03:39 PM
:sl:

i think doritios are halaah.because i live in a muslim country where their doritios come from america and they are pretty strict on not bringing non-halah products in the country.they don't even bring pork for the non-muslims that live here

Kittygyal
04-18-2007, 08:51 PM
salamualikum.
^ Subhnallah :blind:

What country sis?

Ma'assalama

Pure
04-19-2007, 02:07 AM
sister, please do not assume anything. It is always best to ask when you hear about these things. Since you are in a Muslim country, it is most likely halal, I am thinking. It is perhaps like the western fast food restaurants that use the local halal meat.

smile
04-20-2007, 06:38 PM
hey I like the packet of blue doritos

Pure
04-21-2007, 04:08 AM
Inshallah let us all come the number and bring awareness to our friends, family, and communities to make sure that the products are free from pork!

Woodrow
04-21-2007, 04:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
I don't live in the US, but we do have Cheetos and Doritos where I live, in Egypt. Do they use the same enzymes here as well, or just in non-Muslim countries?
I would check on the package and see where they are manufactured. Remember because something has what seems to be an American name does not mean it is made in the USA. Many companies have franchised plants in just about every country and the products are almost always made for the local market.

there are very Few "American" companies that are purely USA companies. Nearly every major corporation is international with owners and plants in nearly every country.

Woodrow
04-21-2007, 04:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would check on the package and see where they are manufactured. Remember because something has what seems to be an American name does not mean it is made in the USA. Many companies have franchised plants in just about every country and the products are almost always made for the local market.

there are very Few "American" companies that are purely USA companies. Nearly every major corporation is international with owners and plants in nearly every country.
I should add Frito-Lay the makers of Doritos is owned by the same corporattion that owns Pepsi-cola, Pepsico also owns numerous other companies world wide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito-Lay

Aisha!
05-24-2007, 03:36 AM
my friend hafiz aziz told me that vanila breyers ice cream and all energy drinks cept vitamin water are haram because they put alcohol in them

Pure
05-24-2007, 12:08 PM
INshallah please speak to the company yourself and verify it

Aisha!
05-24-2007, 12:16 PM
yes i did they put alcohol

Noor
05-24-2007, 12:24 PM
SubhanAllah, Alhamdulilah!!!! Bold Barbeque Doritos is not on the list! I was seriously going to shed some massive tears if Bold Barbeque was haram but thank Allah its not the case!

Pure
05-24-2007, 02:10 PM
what is ON THE LIST is HALAL because is made WITHOUT pork enzymes.

Re.TiReD
05-24-2007, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha!
yes i did they put alcohol
Red Bull Too? :cry:

yigiter187
05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
is it valid for every country?if it is true for turkey too,from now on ı ban my sisters and brothers to consume it.

proudmuslim
05-24-2007, 05:54 PM
salamz
If you want to know if something's halal check on this site:
http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/

HBot 5000
05-24-2007, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure
Dear Friends:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this weekend my little niece, Haniya, told me that her friends had called Frito-Lay and found out that Doritos have pork in them. Well, I was shocked and a little skeptical. However, when I called the company, they confirmed that their cheese products were not halal -- they actually used the term 'halal', which I found impressive even though the disclosure was disconcerting. She said they use enzymes in making the cheese for their cheetos and doritos that come from pork. I asked when they started doing this, and she said the last 2 years they became aware of it. I wanted to start a petition requesting them to find alternatives, but she said it would be best for individuals to call, because each call is registered. So, if you are going to miss cheetos and doritos as much as I am, please call Frito-Lay at 1-800-352-4477, Monday - Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm.Also, pass on this info. to whomever you know.

--Huda

Salam,

I have just called the Frito-Lay company and spoke with one of the representatives personally. I have confirmed that they do in fact add porcine (pork) enzymes to the cheese in some of the cheetos and doritos products. I recommend that you also call and tell them that they can gain a larger consumer population from the Jewish and Muslim communities if they make sure to keep their products pork free.

Please visit their website for further info: Seasoned Products Made Without Porcine Enzymes

--Pure (This is myself)

Jazakhllah Khair for sharing. BTW i was in saudi and they sold these products! :X

:w:

Woodrow
05-24-2007, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HBot 5000

Jazakhllah Khair for sharing. BTW i was in saudi and they sold these products! :X

I would believe they were made in Saudi. Most name brand items are made in the country they are sold in and made in accordance with local law.

HBot 5000
05-24-2007, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would believe they were made in Saudi. Most name brand items are made in the country they are sold in and made in accordance with local law.

Yeah you're right! I miss going to the Subway in Saudi and ordering a italian bmt mmmm dam england! why can't subway be halal! :raging: :enough!:

Rant over.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.