/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about proper clothing at work

Indigo
04-18-2007, 04:12 AM
As salam alaykum wa rahmatuillah wa barakatuh

I work in nursing and I also wear hijab and jilbab outside of work. At work, the uniform is medical scrubs (tunic shirts and pants). I have permission to alter my mode of dress at work to better conform with Islamic requirements for hijab, but due to safety issues, i can't wear a long skirt or dress or jilbab. any sudjestions? What do other sisters who work in nursing wear at work?

Thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
E'jaazi
04-18-2007, 05:39 AM
Why can't you wear a long skirt? My ex-wife worked in the same field and she wore a long skirt, with an extra big and long shirt along with her hijab. If you can wear a long skirt, try and find a big lose shirt that also comes down as far as you can wear it, and then ask Allah to change your condition, so that you may find a job where you can cover properly.

------
04-18-2007, 07:37 AM
:salamext:

What about Shalwar Kameez? Simple ones?

HIJABI***
04-18-2007, 08:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi
Why can't you wear a long skirt? My ex-wife worked in the same field and she wore a long skirt, with an extra big and long shirt along with her hijab. If you can wear a long skirt, try and find a big lose shirt that also comes down as far as you can wear it, and then ask Allah to change your condition, so that you may find a job where you can cover properly.
yeh i know a few sisters in this field and they all wear long skirts!!!!!
anyway siso if u cant i suggest u just wear really loose clothing

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Indigo
04-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Thank you for your replies!

I do a lot of stooping and kneeling. It would be real easy for me to trip and fall over a long skirt. My manager pointed that out, and she has a valid point. I sometimes even have to crawl over beds to grab people from falling over, and break apart physical disputes. My job is very.....well, exciting! LOL Insha'Allah I will find a solution that everyone can live with.

iqbal_soofi
04-18-2007, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Indigo
Thank you for your replies!

I do a lot of stooping and kneeling. It would be real easy for me to trip and fall over a long skirt. My manager pointed that out, and she has a valid point. I sometimes even have to crawl over beds to grab people from falling over, and break apart physical disputes. My job is very.....well, exciting! LOL Insha'Allah I will find a solution that everyone can live with.
Your job is already very demanding. It's the best Ibadah to look after the patients. So you must wear the dress which is best for this job and conforms the regulations of your institution. All other considerations are secondary or irrelevant. You'll be rewarded for the good work you're doing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.