/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The New Al-Qaeda

Uthman
08-01-2005, 07:53 PM
:sl:

I'm wondering if anyone else has watched the first part of this programme? If so, what do you make of it?

To be honest, it's more about muslims than Al-Qaeeda. Peter Taylor, the person who has studied Al-Qaeeda even claims that Jihad means holy war! Alas, how misled.

You can view information about the programmes on the bbc website:

First part (Jihad.com)

Second part (Madrid bombings)

Third part (Frontline Pakistan)

You can argue that watching it is a waste of time, but hey, it's kinda interesting.

Tune in on BBC Two in 7 minutes (21:00) today to see the second part

(unless it's prayer time in your area)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
08-01-2005, 08:51 PM
yeah i saw that program last week. its on right now but i dont like the way it shows muslims because to the average viewer it doesnt portray a good image of muslims.

minaz
08-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I forgot the Madrid Terrorists weren't suicide bombers, fascinating viewing

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
My dreams are fascinating viewing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
minaz
08-01-2005, 09:02 PM
That really should of been said in the brothers section :p

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Get your mind out of the gutter, scutter. :p

I feel the programme is okay, but it is extremely risky in the way it shows Islam sometimes.

minaz
08-01-2005, 09:07 PM
is the bit where they shave their body hair as a ritual ready for martydom true?

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:08 PM
Eh? Let me go and watch this thing :p

Uthman
08-01-2005, 09:42 PM

I've noted (in my head, not on paper) that it uses a variety of Islamic terms without proper definitions. It also fails to explain (or make clear) Islam regards what them bombers do as poo-poo

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:46 PM

That's very true, brother Osman. While it does have some good points, its glossing over such important subjects and views are worrying.

Also, I really despise this new term the media has come up with - 'Islamist'

It's ridiculous.

'YOU'RE RACIST!'

'Nah mate... ISLAMIST. That's the ticket. Straight up gold.'

Ugh.

Uthman
08-01-2005, 09:52 PM

Yup! Double Ugh! In fact, even the ugh is ugh! There's a lot of Ughs going on here!

Alas, no more to add.

Muezzin
08-01-2005, 09:54 PM

The word 'Islamist' has caused more 'ughs' than an average match at Wimbledon. That's gotta tell those media creeps something.

That's right. 'Ugh'.

Bittersteel
08-01-2005, 10:15 PM
new al qaida? *confused*

Genius
08-01-2005, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul Aziz
new al qaida? *confused*
It's a hard concept to grasp until you study it in detail, but in short;

Old Al Qaeda; Centralised organisation, following a chain of command, it existed prior to and immediately after 9/11.

New Al Qaeda; An ideology/movement, no centralised command, no chain of command, very loosely run.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Bittersteel
08-01-2005, 11:20 PM
where the **** are they?If we catch them and hand them over they won't find a reason to continue the "war on terror."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.